Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Survival Possible Rework

(XBOX)Alph4 Cent4uri

As we know at the moment in a survival mission we kill a wave of enemies then wait while the nxt wave spawns in, the only survival aspect (to me at least) is watching the life support. 

That doesnt scream survival to me...... Ok yes the enemies scale over time but still the basic concept of the mission doesnt scream survival. 

Dont get me wrong i love endless missions and warframe in general, DE are the best devs in the buisness in my opinion but survivals are missing something..... That oh S#&$ moment that makes it truly a survival. 

So heres my idea on how it could be reworked. 

Like mentioned before, right now we kill enemies in waves wait a few seconds then more enemies, in between we are clock watching the time and life support. 

Instead make it so its a constant stream of enemies..... Say 50 max on screen at any given time, there is no break or breather, enemies keep flooding into the room in droves until that 50 cap is hit or you leave...... You get 50 on screen then spawning stops until it drops below. 

Ontop of that take away life support systems......... The only life support you get is what the enemies drop and with a constant stream of enemies there shouldnt be a shortage, unless........ Once your life support is at 100% they stop dropping until you get below 25% of LS. 

That to me would put survive in survival

Again this is just my idea...... Surely a survival should be just that........ Survive against all odds not just 10 or so at a time. 

• Like 1

The problem is there isn't a big reason to do survival atm outside fissures or farming vaulted relics and they're far from 'endgame' material whatever that may be so it would be pointless to make it more tedious than it already is, though a increase in enemy spawns is always welcome becw solo survival is nearly impossible atm.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Alph4 Cent4uri said:

Dont get me wrong i love endless missions and warframe in general, DE are the best devs in the buisness in my opinion but survivals are missing something...

There's nothing wrong with a little criticism without the sugarcoat, we all like DE but they won't get better if all they hear is praise

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ganjou234 said:

Survival should have nightmare conditions that change every 5 rounds.

When the condition is revealed the words "SURVIVE" pop up in the middle of the screen, then an extermination counter shows.

Limit the ammo on the map.

This is actually an interesting idea.If it was run like on fortuna missions where if you complete certain objectives in a particular manner you get a bonus to the rewards you get.

39 minutes ago, Cuchullin said:

This is actually an interesting idea.If it was run like on fortuna missions where if you complete certain objectives in a particular manner you get a bonus to the rewards you get.

Simply took the idea from Killing Floor 2. It's pretty intimidating when the "mutator" is revealed in KF2, like there was a round that spawned only boss type enemies.....100 of them...

2 hours ago, ganjou234 said:

Simply took the idea from Killing Floor 2. It's pretty intimidating when the "mutator" is revealed in KF2, like there was a round that spawned only boss type enemies.....100 of them...

I think there is a very simplified version of this on some missions where an assassination target will show up in some missions as well as hit squads from the syndicates. Perhaps something like on corpus missions a bunch of  bursa show up or grineer missions manics attack. At least on a larger scale then what currently exists.

Edited by Cuchullin

13 minutes ago, Cuchullin said:

I think there is a very simplified version of this on some missions where an assassination target will show up in some missions as well as hit squads from the syndicates. Perhaps something like on corpus missions a bunch of  bursa show up or grineer missions manics attack. At least on a larger scale then what currently exists.

Here's the definition of a "mutator" in Killing Floor 2...

http://wiki.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php/Mutator

"

Mutators are mini-mods. They have limited functionality as defined by the Mutator class. Mutators should follow certain rules - rules that are established by the GameType. If these rules can't be followed or are too limiting, you should probably work on a GameType mod.

The first rule is that Mutators should be able to work with any other Mutator - especially the ones that come with the game. If you write a "Vampire" Mutator that allows the player to drain life from an enemy he shoots, the Mutator should work well if combined with one of the Arena mutators or the No Powerups Mutator. This is one of the beneficial features of the Mutator system. They slightly change (or mutate) gameplay, allowing for interesting combinations.

The second rule is that Mutators should only change gameplay in a slight fashion. Although that's a vague way of putting it, you need to try and restrict your Mutator behavior. Careful Mutator design will increase the chances of your Mutator working with other mods and will decrease your support effort.

The third rule is that Mutators should share resources with other Mutators. If your Mutator implements the ModifyPlayer function, you need to call NextMutator.ModifyPlayer somewhere inside your version of the function. This ensures that any Mutator on the Mutator list after your mod gets a chance to deal with the function call. Failing to do this is poor programming style and not community-friendly.

Mutators provide an easy way to make small - and sometimes larger - changes to a game without having to run an entirely new gametype. They can be used to alter graphical features, add or remove enemies, change the rules, and so on.

"

That's sounds reasonable enough but what would you add to warframe that falls within the parameters without being seen as pandering to players who are jaded by the game so much that they feel like they have to play survival for several hours to get any challenge or doesn't make any lore type sense. I'm not objecting to the idea it's just easy to say DE should do this or that without providing solid examples. What i mean is it's easy to say put a hundred Vor's into a survival mission in the void but how would that make sense. On the other hand if it was said put a hundred corrupted heavy gunners with Sortie style buffs or damages into that same mission that might make more sense.

3 hours ago, Cuchullin said:

That's sounds reasonable enough but what would you add to warframe that falls within the parameters without being seen as pandering to players who are jaded by the game so much that they feel like they have to play survival for several hours to get any challenge or doesn't make any lore type sense. I'm not objecting to the idea it's just easy to say DE should do this or that without providing solid examples. What i mean is it's easy to say put a hundred Vor's into a survival mission in the void but how would that make sense. On the other hand if it was said put a hundred corrupted heavy gunners with Sortie style buffs or damages into that same mission that might make more sense.

Not necessarily Vor....lol (it would be funny though...)

I was thinking more of....100 Nox Eximus.....lol

Few examples....

• Mutator: "Toxic", level spawns only Nox Eximus. Number and level of Eximus spawned increases with level.
  • Mutator: "Swarm", level spawns only Drone Eximus.  Number and level of Eximus spawned increases with level.
  • Mutator: "Roll out", level spawns only Bursa Eximus.  Number and level of Eximus spawned increases with level.
  • Mutator: "Toxic Corruption", level spawns only Corrupted Nox Eximus. Number and level of Eximus spawned increases with level.

Now you can have a hundred mutators in a randomized playlist (every 5 levels) to keep things interesting...

Edited by ganjou234

2 hours ago, ganjou234 said:

Not necessarily Vor....lol (it would be funny though...)

I was thinking more of....100 Nox Eximus.....lol

Few examples....

• Mutator: "Toxic", level spawns only Nox Eximus. Number and level of Eximus spawned increases with level.
  • Mutator: "Swarm", level spawns only Drone Eximus.  Number and level of Eximus spawned increases with level.
  • Mutator: "Roll out", level spawns only Bursa Eximus.  Number and level of Eximus spawned increases with level.
  • Mutator: "Toxic Corruption", level spawns only Corrupted Nox Eximus. Number and level of Eximus spawned increases with level.

Now you can have a hundred mutators in a randomized playlist (every 5 levels) to keep things interesting...

Sounds pretty good to me and there can be enough there to have some variation within those as well. For example the Nox Eximus can have variations in their attack stats such as toxic, radiation etc, The drones can disrupt shields or throw out EMP attacks, The bursa's can do similar stuff to the other two and the Toxic Corruption attacks can work on armor stats and reduced damage because the toxicity degrades your ammo or something.