The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stalker mode: Will it be old Stalker model or the new Second Dream Stalker using old weapons, without War and Pakal Armor?

SprinKah

Tbh, it's bothering me that it looks like DE will be using the old, cheap looking Stalker model, the one with Excal chassis and stalker helmet combined. I really like the new, Umbra-lookalike stalker from Second Dream, I think it's about time DE updates pre-Second dream stalker with the new Stalker model but without the Pakal armor and War, using Dread, Despair and Hate. It'd just feel less recycled and cheap 😕

As of currently, we really don’t know. But as far as the gameplay that they’ve shown, it is Pre-Second Dream Stalker, however, that could change once the game mode is fully released into the final build, but we will have to wait and see what they do with it.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2019‎-‎02‎-‎08 at 10:00 AM, SprinKah said:

Tbh, it's bothering me that it looks like DE will be using the old, cheap looking Stalker model, the one with Excal chassis and stalker helmet combined. I really like the new, Umbra-lookalike stalker from Second Dream, I think it's about time DE updates pre-Second dream stalker with the new Stalker model but without the Pakal armor and War, using Dread, Despair and Hate. It'd just feel less recycled and cheap 😕

I personally didn't like the Pakal armor, & the overdone loincloth.

Old Stalker is 100x stronger than Shadow Stalker. In fact, if we locked Old Stalker in a room with 10 Shadow Stalkers, waited 5 minutes, then unlocked the door, the Old Stalker would walk out & the inside of the room would look like something out of Dead Space.
If players want to stand any semblance of a chance in this mode they need to be the Old Stalker.

Shadow Stalker was a literal downgrade in power, intimidation, & gave him a Massive Glaring Weakness.
He became weaker than a Megaman Boss: "I'm Tissuepaperman, & I'm here to wipe you up! Please don't pour water on me."

Old Stalker (even when he jumps my friends) has actually come close to killing me atleast 3 times during my tenure in Warframe. Shadow Stalker has never even taken 25% of my HP from me.

If anything I think storywise after Second Dream Stalker probably dropped his alliance with Hunhow & returned to his old ways. But gameplay wise DE kept him as Shadow Stalker because...reasons?

I dunno. Stalker's Pre-Second Dream kit was a literal Warframe killing kit from Weapons to Abilities. I have no idea why DE would change this about him for Veteran Content. Dread, Despair, & Hate were amazing, War & the Senient attacks are so telegraphed it's laughable: "I throw rock at you!" *throws rock, player watches as the shadow cast over them grows larger, then casually while texting Simaris on their phone steps out from the shadow. Stalker acts shocked Yugioh style from this*

• 3 weeks later...
On 2019-02-20 at 7:15 AM, (NSW)Evilpricetag said:

Looking at the difference.. 

It's just armor and syndana attachments

His front cloth is more Oberon like than umbra. 

Overall the skin is the same. 

not really, if you remove the armor and stuff, the model looks more towards Excal umbra than normal Excal.