Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 10.0.2

[DE]Rebecca

Before we start, you know I'm not complaining DE, I rarely do that and my posts before this are generally fun and easy to read, so let's get started.

Couple issues I noticed right off the bat:

~No more progress bar for weapons/frames/sents in Arsenal UI

~The UI is a bit more annoying to navigate than before [very small buttons]

~Lack of information on how to utilitze the new keys/farm/where parts drop etc.

~Stamina recharge [a serious WTF? WHY? on this one.]

~Scarves' physics look a bit derpy and jumpy [not really a big deal]

Nothing too bad there, but now I have to unfortunately move on to the next subject.

~Still waiting for the new J3

~Nekros needs an immediate rework or redesign of his abilities, they are all completely and utterly worthless. Not to mention his ult is broken and can't be used more than once nor does it summon nearly the amount of enemies that it's supposed to [also lack of information on what upgrading the mods do]

~Some frames are still unbalanced and useless? Mag's ult is still one of the worst in the game, Small range [forced to use max stretch and the helmet to have even a decently sized ult.], neglible damage on levels that you would actually like to use it, crap for CC anyways [OH WOW A WHOLE 2 SECONDS OF KNOCKDOWN, THAT WAS AMAZING AND WORTH THE 100 ENERGY I JUST SPENT.] it needed to be said. Balance the old frames.

~There was WAY too much pay-only content in this update.

~Still waiting for a new mastery system.

~More, but don't feel like listing at this point honestly. You kinda let me down here dude/dudettes... :c, sad pirate is gonna go play Mag Runner...

On a sidenote: Seriously. fix. the. old. frames. There is NO incentive to play them over the other newer frames besides being a diehard fan of X frame [for me that's mag, and I WANT HER TO BE USEFUL]

Yo devs, props to you for being dedicated to this stuff.  I may not agree with some of the "Balance" changes, but the dedication to making the game work and optimizing the hell out of it is actually pretty amazing.  Combined with the communication you've been providing with us, and with community interaction, you guys are a step above other developers.  

No love for controller users, you can't scope mid sprint or mid sprint-jump or even fire an automatic weapon while sprinting :(

How is that no love for controller users?  I'm pure (veteran) PC user. We can't sprint and shoot or sprint and scope.  If you are sprinting you are just running fast. Anything I do, ability, attack, scope, etc... Stops me from sprinting.

oops, multi-posting. sorry.

Edited by Unknown2500

Honestly I think the new update is fantastic, new weapons, new tile set, new boss. Everything is awesome.

I have my small problems with it, like scarf physics needing abit of a rework since there acting more like living snakes on your frame then scarfs, enemy spawns on some of the survival maps it needs to be procedurally drawn from around where your team is, as of now its rather hard to keep the kill count high enough from just waiting for enemies to appear to keep the air up through drops. The survival issue however is lessened due to the endless air supply we get from the lotus, which makes it a race against the clock to get from system to system to stay alive. Even the Stamina system is alright with me.

But my biggest bug bear, all the random alittle BPs in void and Derelict key missions. These are not normal missions, their are not basic farming runs. These are things we run to get at VERY RARE LOOT. Not some ammo, shield, or heal regen boxs. And this honestly &!$$es me off alittle. With Frost, mag, reaper, latron, bronco, fang, orthos, braton, paris, boar and finally forma. All from those missions, the reward list is already heavily bloated with just the prime gear alone, the bps, and all the parts.

Which if you don't know, the full count of all the void drops, from bps to parts is roughly 40 items at the very least, spread across many ranks and lvls. And now with all the extremely common ammo boxes, shield boxes and health boxes coming now. You have made owning void keys more devalued then ever. Before we ran to get the prime gear, the rare stuff that we work hard to enjoy,

Rather now we run for just the much MUCH lower change to just luckily get a prime item. Before it wasn't so bad, id you didn't get that you wanted you would just run more till you did, but now rewards are just crammed full of bps and items that shouldn't be there. Please fix this issue DE, void and derelict runs aren't meant to be farming for farming sake, its meant to have the goal of rare, unique and much more powerful gear as a goal.

Edited by HarukaTsukiko

am i the only one who thinks you have issues?  

Im  grand master. you dont see me whinning and complaining like a baby asking for a  bottle like you.

Be patient and wait for  the devs to reply. They  took the time and effort  to  release U10. They're human too you know.

They might actually be aliens. Using this game as an elaborate way to desensitize us to encounters with alien races. This all, to some day, allow them to walk around without their human costumes.

now they just have to fix the bug with weapon swap on the sentinal. The range of the guns and reaction distance of the sentinals firing them are messed up. Rifle and machine gun are only firing at melee distance on Carrier/ Shade and Shotgun and pistol are being fired like snipers at everything not close/mid range.

Good start, we appreciate you guys staying up to get all this stuff done. Still there seem to be a few hits and misses about this update though.

Things I liked:

-The new weapons and content, going to test that new scythe right now!

- The new loadout options. The best part of this update in my opinion.

Things that could use some work:

- Was the whole point of the Golem keys to pressure people into buying Nekros? Can we at least have a perminant key to avoid what others are calling a "grindception"?

- The new stamina update seems to have impacted the heavier frames severely. Other people have said it's a nice change to not have other people blazing through the levels all the time. I like that idea, but running a Frost is absolutely painful right now. He feels more like a COD soldier than a ninja at this point.

- Personally this doesn't affect me too much, but it seems like the ammo restores and team heals are now going to be clantech research only. Isn't this a bit unfriendly towards newer players and clans?

- Also can anyone please confirm if the red scarf from the livestream is giong to be implimented or not? I'm not going to buy any of them until that has been addressed.

Edited by notHunky

Personally, I love it.  Those complaining of grind+grind+RNG have you tried it yet?  It's not that bad.  There is a focus on exploration through each level and secret rooms tend to drop more navs.  Nova's are even more valuable with their teleport.  After getting our Assassinate key today, we found 10 Golem Navs on the way to Golem.  Seriously.  It is not that bad, and is something fun to work toward, rather than requeing pubs constantly.  Find a good group and get after it.

Of course RNG is still an &#!, but at least you get a drop each run.  4 systems and 2 helmets and I'm having a great time.

Edit:

I am confused on where armor 2.0 is?

Also, stam nerf---Now basically requires dual zorens equipped...

3rd  Torid no longer hurst the player!!!!!! REJOICE! 

4th  Where is the list of the ninja nerfs/buffs like the Torid?

Edited by pkolbo

I've been playing with "toggle sprint" this whole time and never had any problems with that until update 10.

Until update 10 came along. Whenever I'd have sprint on, if I choose to zoom in, the zoom command would override the sprint until I disengage the zoom, and then my character would resume sprinting.

But now, it seems that the zoom and sprint commands are conflicting with each other and resulting in a wonky fight of perspective as a continual "zoom in zoom out zoom in zoom out zoom in zoom out zoom in zoom out zoom in zoom out" fight goes on... :<

Can we see a fix for this please?

Edited by Verlaine

I've been playing with "toggle sprint" this whole time and never had any problems with that until update 10. Until update 10 came along. Whenever I'd have sprint on, if I choose to zoom in, the zoom command would override the sprint until I disengage the sprint. But now, it seems that the zoom and sprint commands are conflicting with each other and resulting in a wonky fight of perspective as a continual "zoom in zoom outzoom in zoom outzoom in zoom outzoom in zoom outzoom in zoom out" fight goes on... :< Can we see a fix for this please?

I'm with you on this . having the same problem. Figured it was just only me but found others having this issue. It's super annoying and its messsing up my gameplay. I feel like im trying to learn how to use a keyboard again. "SPRINT, TOGGLE OFF, STAND STILL, AIM, THEN WALK"?. yeaaaaaaaa no, please fix asap

Some UI bugs :

- sometimes the Solar System map freaks out and every planet is the same size (for example Pluto being size of Jupiter... no need to explain further)

- alerts notifications need some tweaking, they become invisible after you complete any mission or simply zoom in on any planet

I hope you'll fix that soon, wouldn't want to miss a catalyst/forma/reactor alert because of some glitches, right? ;)

Please keep the sprint limitations. I want to disappoint all the people who just farm at light speed.  Fantastic update, guys. Bravo!

This. New sprint system is amazingly well done now, Playing the game is fun, Rushing straight to the boss or the end is draining and not fun. You shouldnt be able to infinitly run past literally every enemy to get to the end of anything in ANY game.

For those who will say "you can't Infinite run": pre-patch if you run>slide>wait 0.5 sec> run>slide repeat ad nausem, it was effectively infinte running, you kept the same average foward movement speed 95% of the time. this patch makes it so your stamina doesnt regen until about a second into sliding, which means you cant keep that momentum, thus no infinte running, thus no rushing.

rushing is literally the dumbest thing ever.

also, sentinel weaponry and primary weaponry shouldnt share cards either. if you have one card listed, you have one card socketed into that weapon, it doesnt magically make a copy of itself to go into your sentinel. And for those that will say "oh but your primary weapon has duplicates when you switch primary!" Do you really think that Tenno are too dumb to unsocket their weapons when the switch them out?

Very good job DE. keep these changes in, let the entitled children cry more.

Enemies Still have too much armor :/ nothing repaired . My kraken without mods on greeniers 60level deal 2x 8 damage. It should deal minimum half damage 2x 22dmg. Still Kunai and Acrid are the best secondary weapons : /

That's because they didn;t include Armor/Damage system rework in this update

Update 10 and its hotfixes are cool but ... the stamina thing makes this a lot less enjoyable.

If you could increase the level cap past 30 or add more mod slots, that might make up for it. Now you basically FORCED everyone to use stamina and sprint mods like Marathon and Rush ... there's not enough room or points so we all have to make our frames crappier or just totally change playing style fo certain missions.

This is sucky, and I've put enough money into this game to feel like I can tell you straight-up that I don't like it and I hope you find a way to fix it because it really, really makes traversing levels not very fun.

I'm liking the reductions but the one problem that I still think should be addressed is that it's still a 3 hour wait for 1 single key. Is there any possible to way to make players able to build multiple golem keys? At least with the derelict keys we can make an assortment of them at a time. 

That said the reduction restored any lost faith. However I would still like to see the stamina system reverted. There was absolutely nothing wrong with it. .