Jump to content
[DE]Helen

6th Anniversary Weekend Wars!

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Rhaegar2k17 said:

All platforms have unlocked double affinity weekend from March 9-10,they said that via twitter.

 

seriously? i thought we would get it right after the bar was finished.. lame

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-02-08 at 2:44 PM, [DE]Helen said:

Weekend War 1: War on Lancers (February 15, 2 p.m ET - February 18, 2 p.m. ET)
Reward: Ten Meso S9 Relics
Bonus Weekend: Double Affinity Weekend (March 9-10)

Weekend War 2: War on Crewmen (February 22, 2 p.m. ET - February 25, 2 p.m. ET)
Reward: Ten Axi N6 Relics
Bonus Weekend: Double Credits Weekend (March 16-17)

Weekend War 3: War on Chargers (March 1, 2 p.m. ET - March 4, 2 p.m. ET)
Reward: Ten Neo S10 Relics
Bonus Weekend: Double Resources Weekend (March 23-24)

You will find the Bonus Weekend dates for each Weekend War listed here and on the Warframe news post. Since all platforms achieved 100% during the War on Lancers, all platforms will have a Double Affinity Weekend on March 9-10! Well done!

I'm sure this news will strike terror into the hearts of Crewmen across the system as they gear up for the coming weekend...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honest question, is there any way we can actually fail in this challenge?

There are times I think the results are kind of, you know, predetermined.

  • Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, rastaban75 said:

Honest question, is there any way we can actually fail in this challenge?

There are times I think the results are kind of, you know, predetermined.

It most likely is pre determined. And there is no way to fail. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gave a lower MR some relics to help him farm for forma blueprints only now do I realize that I gave him 5 of my Meso S9 Relics. All I can say is f&@k me!!!!!!

Thank god I still have 5 of those relics left but still!!

I will not be making the same mistake with the next set of relics!!

Edited by (PS4)GamingKing2016
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rastaban75 said:

Honest question, is there any way we can actually fail in this challenge?

There are times I think the results are kind of, you know, predetermined.

Events with progression bars/decay bars have been (as far as I know) scripted since Operation: Shadow Debt. This event should have had a base requirement for you to earn a booster weekend, or at least a number you could track.

  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-02-08 at 2:44 PM, [DE]Helen said:

Weekend War 1: War on Lancers (February 15, 2 p.m ET - February 18, 2 p.m. ET)
Reward: Ten Meso S9 Relics
Bonus Weekend: Quadruple Affinity Weekend (March 9-10)

Weekend War 2: War on Crewmen (February 22, 2 p.m. ET - February 25, 2 p.m. ET)
Reward: Ten Axi N6 Relics
Bonus Weekend: Quadruple Credits Weekend (March 16-17)

Weekend War 3: War on Chargers (March 1, 2 p.m. ET - March 4, 2 p.m. ET)
Reward: Ten Neo S10 Relics
Bonus Weekend: Quadruple Resources Weekend (March 23-24)

 

Fixed... 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-02-19 at 11:14 AM, rastaban75 said:

Honest question, is there any way we can actually fail in this challenge?

There are times I think the results are kind of, you know, predetermined.

DE has never been interested in designing an event of consequence around the Anniversary, nor should they be. There are other dates, events, and quests for that.

In some (or many) cases, I would like consequences and the ability to fail if we don't work toward a goal; these War on X weekends are not one of them.

On 2019-02-19 at 1:43 PM, Voltage said:

This event should have had a base requirement for you to earn a booster weekend, or at least a number you could track.

1

Hardly seems necessary: the boosters are, for all intents and purposes, an Anniversary gift. DE seems to be interested in giving as many people as possible access to these gifts with the least required amount of participation and work for them. Other booster weekends have typically only required a log in (during said weekend) to access the active booster.

DE doesn't want to penalize anyone who couldn't log in to fight during a particular War on X.

The Dex gifts will still require participation. Their previous design was simply to give Dex gifts away to everyone who logged in.

Log in and participate to earn Dex gifts, but booster weekends are accessible to everyone on every platform (as is typical of a booster weekend). DE designs the Anniversary events to be fun, approachable, gifts that require some or no participation. I think its an acceptable balance. 

Edited by Rhekemi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Rhekemi said:

DE has never been interested in designing an event of consequence around the Anniversary, nor should they be. There are other dates, events, and quests for that.

In some (or many) cases, I would like consequences and the ability to fail if we don't work toward a goal; these War on X weekends are not one of them.

I wouldn't want an event of consequence either when it comes to an Anniversary. But instead of having a challenge that feels fake, it could work in the different direction by having DE give an additional bonus the higher "score" the player-base achieves. As an example, the basic Anniversary gift would be a 48-hour Affinity Booster, but if players achieved collectively a certain number of kills then it would be extended to 72 hours, or 96 hours for a higher milestone etc. up to a limit. These "stretch goals", so to speak, would not have to be easy to achieve, they would demand extra effort and an actual count of kills. I think this would add lots of interest in the whole Anniversary event. The 48-hour Booster would be guaranteed no matter what. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, rastaban75 said:

I wouldn't want an event of consequence either when it comes to an Anniversary. But instead of having a challenge that feels fake, it could work in the different direction by having DE give an additional bonus the higher "score" the player-base achieves. As an example, the basic Anniversary gift would be a 48-hour Affinity Booster, but if players achieved collectively a certain number of kills then it would be extended to 72 hours, or 96 hours for a higher milestone etc. up to a limit. These "stretch goals", so to speak, would not have to be easy to achieve, they would demand extra effort and an actual count of kills. I think this would add lots of interest in the whole Anniversary event. The 48-hour Booster would be guaranteed no matter what. 

It's a good concept. Challenging events that reward us for pushing our limits are nice. I still sometimes miss the lunacy of the old Void. We all know we could've stayed in last week's Grineer survival alert past 30 minutes, but there was no point. DE could do it. It would be appreciated by those of us who've been here a while, and even new players who can handle it.

But executing it during an Anniversary, I think, still runs counter to the second half of my post (which, granted, was not directed toward you); DE designs the Anniversary events to be fun, approachable (by all players), gifts that require some or no participation. 

I honestly don't think higher level endurance runs (that would essentially place an increased difficulty gate on better rewards) are compatible with the event's design and intended purpose: to give everyone Anniversary gifts.

Maybe we could use stretch booster goals for a different event that could happen once, twice or a maximum of three times a year.

Edited by Rhekemi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...