Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thanks for Watching Devstream #123!

[DE]Rebecca

Directional slams look great! But... 

Any chance to make insta-melee swap an optional feature? Like, add a "toggle insta-swap on/off "in Options?

I use mouse1 for proper melee attacks in melee-equipped mode, becasue I never found that mashing E or F or whatever is responsive enough for melee combos, while mouse was. Not surprisingly, I use mouse1 to shoot weapons, as well.

Dropping quick melee in favor of forced switch would simply bork up my entire layout, and why would I want it anyway? Quick melee is for breaking loot containers or dispatching small fry, I don't want to switch anything for minor stuff like that :/ 

I love a lot of the progress done with melee 3.0 and am looking forward to it, the combos seen to be a lot more interactive between player characters and mobs. I'm not concerned that quick melee is getting dumped. But the instant switching between guns and weapons is just soooooo unimmersive, no holstering of any kind, just snap into modes with no transitions at all...

Very excited about Wisp. Gas cities. Railjack, oh god, this one is so exciting (I allways had a difficulty giving a meaningul purpose to my main observatory straight ahead of my main hall, looks like I'm replacing it with the Railjack hangar

4 hours ago, Gabbynaru said:

So next week, quick melee is dead and we'll be forced to use the terrible combos again... Wonderful...

You always have the option of just not using the stances if the modified combos/inputs bother you that much, sure it will probably require you to install one or two extra forma for most builds than what's needed right now due to not having the extra 10 mod points you get from the stances but they're not required and the animations are literally the exact same as the current quick melee attacks.

Although personally Melee 2.99 sounds like an absolute dream come true, will players have the ability to map their melee and fire both to the left mouse button and thus keep using left click as melee? I find 'E' a comfortable button but others don't.

3 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Although personally Melee 2.99 sounds like an absolute dream come true, will players have the ability to map their melee and fire both to the left mouse button and thus keep using left click as melee? I find 'E' a comfortable button but others don't.

I use Mouse 5 for melee, hopefully no interference. I might have an annoying time with a new channeling button though if I can't use left click fire anymore.

1 minute ago, Wolfdoggie said:

I use Mouse 5 for melee, hopefully no interference. I might have an annoying time with a new channeling button though if I can't use left click fire anymore.

That doesn't seem like it'll be effected. From what I can tell the main concern is if people use the same keybind for melee and gunfire.

That said, there is a twitter response.

Oh, and something I forgot to mention before:

I actually had a very similar idea to ephemera that I nicknamed 'Peculiar Arcanes' and whilst I obviously can't be sure I inspired the idea since I myself was inspired by TF2 unusuals (and so the middleman could well  and almost certainly was cut out), I'm ecstatic to be getting something similar. Especially since they're earn-only, so they'll be honest-to-goodness badges of honour!

Why adding 2 new kavats if managing the pets is annoying?

The companion stuff needs to be addressed on 2 points

First, having access to pets should be the same as accessing robotics/sentinels, with a click, which means that cryostasis should be looked upon...maybe a segment upgrade, even expensive in resources or whatever

Second...a decision about sharing mods between equipped weapons and sentinel weapons...sharable, non-shareable, different solution like new damage mods only for sentinel weapons

Mind you, I love the idea of having new Kavat breeds (and I'd love a Hyena pet too) but it's useless if changing a pet is so annoying especially if you have them in the loadouts, where they unequip once you change pet companion

if Wisp has no feets then perhaps would be better if the movement animations are not walking they are like phantom for example levitating, because that would make more sense rather then giving animations upon movement of walking and running would just seems broken.

12 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Thanks all, see you next time!

if Wisp has no feets then perhaps would be better if the movement animations are not walking they are like phantom for example levitating, because that would make more sense rather then giving animations upon movement of walking and running would just seems broken.

Dont know if the kavat starter kit drop is bugged but I for one didnt get one.

Just a question on pets can we please review the kubrows to make them more viable or at least on equal grounds as the kavat.. Agree with most of the requests to get rid of degredation over time.

Thanks for the stream was quite informative . GJ

Archived