Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hildryn: Devstream #123

Lewtenant

2 hours ago, Daskrieg said:

All i know is I am going to try running a few setups on her when I get her, since I like to play around and find the build I like.

But the main thing I know is I am really hopping I can summon my grattler  hover into the air in front of a group of sorry grineer/corpus and role play as A Hind Gunship covering the ground in explosive automatic fire.

apache helicopter intensifies

20 hours ago, Yefrign said:

actually he is right... there's Fast Deflection along with Fortitude and Vigilante Vigor but that just increases the recharge RATE... not actually reducing the delay before the recharge.

unless a mod has popped up under the radar...

So actually he's wrong... there are no PvE mods that affect recharge delay.

On 2019-01-23 at 6:12 AM, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Why are any of you giving feedback on a Warframe whose skills and mechanics are completely unknown to us save for one detail?

Can you please use your genius intellect to tell us if Wispframe will be endgame viable?

they literally showed off all her abilities on the devstream so your whole statement is invalid

also OP is just saying the frame better be worth it if it is locked behind a syndicate or else don't lock it behind a syndicate at all

baruuk to my knowledge has been deemed very underwhelming and he is locked behind vox solaris which i agree with OP is unreasonable

2 hours ago, YpsitheFlintsider said:

So actually he's wrong... there are no PvE mods that affect recharge delay.

might be miss quoting here. I was responding to the og poster who said that there are no mods that change recharge delay. and he is right in saying that. there are only mods that change rate, not delay 

5 hours ago, --Nob0dy-- said:

they literally showed off all her abilities on the devstream so your whole statement is invalid

also OP is just saying the frame better be worth it if it is locked behind a syndicate or else don't lock it behind a syndicate at all

baruuk to my knowledge has been deemed very underwhelming and he is locked behind vox solaris which i agree with OP is unreasonable

No it isnt. The guy you quoted made his post in JANUARY 23rd. The Warframe's power were shown last week (February 8th).

6 hours ago, --Nob0dy-- said:

This was way before they showcased her abilities. Try to check the date next time 😉

Edited by (PS4)LoisGordils

18 hours ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

It would still be super bad.  But at least i'd have the desire to have up keep for the resource.  We can assume that mods like rage or quick thinking will not have any extra interplay with her passive because her passive clearly states energy orbs.  And even if they did why would I take a shield based frame over an armor based frame that does more?

We're gonna have to wait for her to drop to judge these effects. From the stream it seems like anything that shields and energy are now the same. Reb mentioned that quick thinking could interact with this shield mechanic. Magnetic procs are the real concern here since they take out the 75% of shield capacity, so her 5k shield is pointless. Mag procs also do 100 energy/proc so they could even do double damage. Arcane nullifier will probably be mandatory. However if that 4.5k shield unmodded is real, that's bonkers EHP. Redirection and primed flow could scale independently, giving her 10k's of shield to melt through. If shield gating prevents health damage before shields than toxin and slash procs aren't a concern. Hunter adrenaline and rage might work, which could remove the recharge delay of the shield since she gained energy if she ever runs out of shields.

We also have incredible ways to restore shields already.  Arcane barrier exists, so instantly regening full shields would be pretty broken. The rakta dark dagger finisher on a rad proc'd enemy would instantly restore full shields and overshields. Syndicate procs to restore shields. The augur mods set/aura, which for initial ability casts wouldn't cost shields but give her more shields as she spammed abilities. The raksa kubrow would constantly instantly give her shields and would have super shields with link shields on, or the sentinel mod to fully restore shields on depletion (guardian), if she ever runs out. Her base shield regen will be in the 100's with her massive shield pool, and could be triggered by any of these shield gaining effects. Energizing dash could eliminate the energy regen delay entirely. A capacitance volt, an EV trin, harrow, or octavia would give her shields, energy or both, making her extremely tanky. 

With every weakness shields have there are a ton of ways that hyldren could be broken on release pending how DE interacts with these other abilities. Arcane energize would double energy/shield regen with energy pulse also. A mandatory arcane is probably magus glitch to keep her from getting transference static.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (XB1)Skiller115 said:

Only thing I hate about her is that adaptation will be mandatory (like for rev) on her otherwise even with a base of 4.5k sheilds it will be striped in moments by high tier Graneer!

hope this isnt going to be the case but thats my concern too

On 2019-02-13 at 11:58 AM, Lewtenant said:

We're gonna have to wait for her to drop to judge these effects. From the stream it seems like anything that shields and energy are now the same. Reb mentioned that quick thinking could interact with this shield mechanic. Magnetic procs are the real concern here since they take out the 75% of shield capacity, so her 5k shield is pointless. Mag procs also do 100 energy/proc so they could even do double damage. Arcane nullifier will probably be mandatory. However if that 4.5k shield unmodded is real, that's bonkers EHP. Redirection and primed flow could scale independently, giving her 10k's of shield to melt through. If shield gating prevents health damage before shields than toxin and slash procs aren't a concern. Hunter adrenaline and rage might work, which could remove the recharge delay of the shield since she gained energy if she ever runs out of shields.

We also have incredible ways to restore shields already.  Arcane barrier exists, so instantly regening full shields would be pretty broken. The rakta dark dagger finisher on a rad proc'd enemy would instantly restore full shields and overshields. Syndicate procs to restore shields. The augur mods set/aura, which for initial ability casts wouldn't cost shields but give her more shields as she spammed abilities. The raksa kubrow would constantly instantly give her shields and would have super shields with link shields on, or the sentinel mod to fully restore shields on depletion (guardian), if she ever runs out. Her base shield regen will be in the 100's with her massive shield pool, and could be triggered by any of these shield gaining effects. Energizing dash could eliminate the energy regen delay entirely. A capacitance volt, an EV trin, harrow, or octavia would give her shields, energy or both, making her extremely tanky. 

With every weakness shields have there are a ton of ways that hyldren could be broken on release pending how DE interacts with these other abilities. Arcane energize would double energy/shield regen with energy pulse also. A mandatory arcane is probably magus glitch to keep her from getting transference static.

Even if she turns out to be exactly that way it still doesn't change my overall stance on her.  There are already several other frames that are good at tanking.  She's not bringing anything to the table that's notable other than form her 4 and potentially energy orbs for her allies.  Which neither are spectacular in the current sandbox we have.  As I believe I stated in my first post.  If shields themsleves had universal value to other frames via shield gating or otherwise than she'd absolutely have a reason to be picked.  But until then she's just another titania/revenant to me.  A cool idea for a frame.  Not a frame with a role.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-02-13 at 5:06 AM, LupisV0lk said:

oh heaven forbid DE makes you play the game to get something. Your poor, poor thing~

lol you dont get it, you poor, poor thing

levelling a rep to get something? okay

needing to level one rep to unlock a new rep to level that to get something? yeeeah, its not like ill have a choice so ill do it, but its still a huge pain in the ass