Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream 123 Overview!

[DE]Taylor

f2238bad89a8d2bb7b4a0396e02f8c6d.jpg

We’re back with Devstream 123 and boy do we have a lot to share! In this overview, get news on the next Warframe’s abilities, some info about Railjack Drydocks in your Dojo, take a look at the Wisp Warframe, get a peek at the Gas City Remaster and so much more!

As usual, if you have the time, we recommend watching the full Devstream for all the nitty gritty details, or just read about the highlights in our recap here: https://www.warframe.com/news/devstream-123-overview 

Getting a Necropolis vibe from that Atlas skin.

Shame there's absolutely no mention of Wukong however, as he's in a worse state than even Vauban and has been getting considerable attention of late. Would be nice to know that something, anything, is going to happen to him.

Does anybody else have issues opening these from the dozen autoplaying twitch clips...? I can load it, but it gets very laggy until I hunt down and pause them all.

edit: I also still don't understand what that kestrel modset actually means. Mark enemies... how? Is the "sniper damage" blast intended to crit, or is just going to be some percentage (150 max now?) of non-crit base damage? Total damage?

39 minutes ago, OvisCaedo said:

Does anybody else have issues opening these from the dozen autoplaying twitch clips...? I can load it, but it gets very laggy until I hunt down and pause them all.

edit: I also still don't understand what that kestrel modset actually means. Mark enemies... how? Is the "sniper damage" blast intended to crit, or is just going to be some percentage (150 max now?) of non-crit base damage? Total damage?

Yea lol I went to read it then heard multiple instances of Rebecca speaking to me loudly, hell that was scary man... I closed the page in fear and panic

They said that instant weapon switching for melee will be coming possibly next week, and it wouldn't affect mods...

But what about all the channeling mods? I'm a fan of Life Strike, emergency heals on demand is quite useful. How am I supposed to activate that if Mouse1 is now going to swap back to my guns?

1 hour ago, Stoner said:

Yea lol I went to read it then heard multiple instances of Rebecca speaking to me loudly, hell that was scary man... I closed the page in fear and panic

Seriously, they really need to get that autoplay S#&$ sorted out because not everyone is a fan of hunting down Tampermonkey scripts to deal with easily fixable problems.

14 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

f2238bad89a8d2bb7b4a0396e02f8c6d.jpg

We’re back with Devstream 123 and boy do we have a lot to share! In this overview, get news on the next Warframe’s abilities, some info about Railjack Drydocks in your Dojo, take a look at the Wisp Warframe, get a peek at the Gas City Remaster and so much more!

As usual, if you have the time, we recommend watching the full Devstream for all the nitty gritty details, or just read about the highlights in our recap here: https://www.warframe.com/news/devstream-123-overview 

So when are you going to make it so the twitch clips don't autoplay (because that means they all play at once, causing a cacophony of sounds unless you mute the tab or pause each individual clip)?

ok, putting this here because im not sure where else to... its a bit of a concern with relation to something mentioned in the devstream - namely the quick swap weapons from melee 3.0.

while i like the idea of the quick swap, the specific mechanic as described in the devstream is going to cause /severe/ problems for me and anyone who altered their hotkeys as i did.

namely, when Sword Alone went live and you could pull out the melee weapon as a full active weapon, i changed my attack key /in that mode/ to be the left mouse button because it didnt make sense to me to have it remain E on my keyboard. so that is going to cause some issues (though i dont know /what/ issues) with the system as described because my "attack" button is the same in both melee and shooter configurations.

i dont know what percentage of the community that would affect, but i at least will fall into that category, so i figured i'd post this up out of personal concern if nothing else-

thanks for the time

6 minutes ago, Sasha_The_Lynx said:

I can defintly see it. Shame tho that the game doenst get updated anymore, it was such a fun game ;-;

But really, thats a skin i defintly buy once it gets released.

Didn't it only get like, one update? The one with the brute character?

Was certainly an interesting game regardless, although it needed a fair bit more work. Something I'd have liked to see in Early Access perhaps, as opposed to a full release that got forgotten about. 

Oh well, what can you do ay?

Just now, DeMonkey said:

Didn't it only get like, one update? The one with the brute character?

Was certainly an interesting game regardless, although it needed a fair bit more work. Something I'd have liked to see in Early Access perhaps, as opposed to a full release that got forgotten about. 

Oh well, what can you do ay?

Yeah, and thats it i think. So there was jsut 2 classes and a third one was in the making. But hey, still worth playing for sure.

Totaly gonna recolor my Atlas in similar colors as the standard Brute colors ouo

Haven't seen the devstream yet, but came across the mod sets on Reddit.
Formatting gonna be ugly, sorry, (edit: actually, this came out not too bad.) but I'm not messing with quote tags anymore. They eat everything after them when I try.

* all stats are shown at base rank and are subject to change.
Subject to change, sure. But why show base stats and minimum set bonus? Makes it that much harder for us? me, anyway, to get a good idea of their impact (e.g. Raptor set bonus - but I'll get to that).

Kestrel Mod Set
· Set Bonus: Mark enemies with any weapon while Aim Gliding, dealing +50% of Sniper damage as Blast Damage on landing.
· Kestrel Finesse (Sniper): +25% Reload Speed while Aim Gliding
· Kestrel Vantage (Warframe): +25% Reduced Gravity during Aim Glide
· Kestrel Periphery (Sniper): -12.5% Zoom while Aim Gliding

'Any weapon' on set bonus is good, as aimglide's FoV reduction + pan speed reduction doesn't play well with non-AoE weapons, imo.
That said, not sure I see a use case for Finesse, and Periphery - like Ambush Optics - just highlights the innate issue that Zoom currently has. In case it needs to be said again, a mods-as-bandaids MO isn't going to do you any favors in the long term, and the longer you stick with it, the worse it'll be.
Vantage might find a place in my dedicated parkour loadout, though. Nowhere else, but eh, that's not nothing.

Also - and this might need pointing out - in contexts where you actually have to rely on mobility movement speed to reduce enemy accuracy? Aimgliding will get you killed.

Raptor Mod Set
· Set Bonus: +33% chance to become immune to Knockdown effects while airborne.
· Raptor Strike (Melee): Increase range of aerial melee attacks by +0.5m
· Raptor Ambush: 25% Critical and Status Change for 1s after landing from a Double or Bullet Jump.
· Raptor Frenzy (Waframe): Increase Double Jump Strength by +50%.

I look at '33% chance to ignore KD while airborne' and think "If I'm in a position to react, why the heck would I risk that over rolling?"
If I hadn't noticed the disclaimer - not hard to overlook - that'd've damaged my impression of the set right out the gate.
However, assuming that it scales 33%->100%, an airborne Primed Sure Footed (read passive guaranteed immunity) might be worth consideration - if the individual mods are worth using.
That said:
Strike will depend on how melee 3.0 works in actual gameplay.
Ambush, even ignoring the (in the current context) rather lackluster stats... I know that you're rather restricted in trigger conditions, but unless you're one-shotting your targets, double/bullet jumps do not work seamlessly as a part of melee combat as things stand.
While this might change in 3.0, I don't see it, based on gameplay footage we've seen.
Like Tailwind, Frenzy will suffer (i.e. be crippled in) in indoor maps. And, quite beyond that, how often do people actually use the second jump over a Bullet jump? I know I barely ever do - basically only ever to try and recover from a bad initial jump.
While it sounds good on paper, I doubt I'd ever use it, even in my dedicated parkour loadout.

Spider Mod Set
· Set Bonus: During a Wall Latch gain +17% Damage Reduction.
· Spider Leap (Warframe): Wall Latch grants +50% Bullet Jump Speed.
· Spider Venom (Rifle): During a Wall latch gain +12.5% Status Chance and Critical Chance.
· Spider Bite (Melee): Hold a Wall Latch to gain +15% Toxic Damage on Melee Attacks for 2.5s.

As far as the set bonus goes:
As a person with maximum mouse sensitivity, wall latch, at least imo, suffers from the same lowered FoV / sensitivity / pan speed reduction that aimglide does. Loki can sit on a wall long enough to track across the field, but Loki doesn't need the damage reduction.

Leap is thematically cool. Might even be useful.
Venom, see set bonus. Also, assuming it's not a base increase that's a low status increase, really low crit increase vs. Point Strike (and since re: damage 3.0 you said you're not touching mods... *shrug*).
Bite... At least it looks to have better persistence than Raptor Ambush, but - again - you're talking about actively incentivizing players to break combat flow / immersion.

I hate to criticize without offering suggestions to improve, but between "players know to tell you what hurts but don't know how to fix things", and the fact that I can't look past the fact that this all stems from fundamental design decisions... I'm probably better off just stopping here.

Hildryn uses shields for energy? (Only thing I know about her atm)
Unless she can actively refill her shields, at any time, against any faction, you're making her useless against any ranged faction over, say, sortie 2-level enemies.
Even before any shield-specific considerations, Quick Thinking requires Life Strike and Rage/Hunter Adr (and lots of armor doesn't hurt) to fuel it before it can be a viable defensive mechanism.
And here you're talking about implementing this for shields - which have a recharge delay, which can't replenish while taking damage, which are completely bypassed by a few damage types (one of which is an inherent part of an Ancient's aura)(, and which generally can't be actively replenished outside of burning shield pizzas).

Maybe I'll change my mind once I see her skillset - or potentially, depending on whether/how you implement shield gating - , but I can't see this ending well.

Archived