Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna: Hotfix 24.2.14

[DE]Megan

18 hours ago, xMarvin732 said:

Whats bugged with the helmet?

i suggest you to check google or something for what it was and how it supposed to work

The pigtails/pipes on the helmet are all out of their supposed physics i guess (its basically limping now) and its worst within movement like sneak or drawing any weapon. Its clipping is like hell and such stuffs breaks aesthetics and hearts. I hope that this issue get some attention its my favorite helm of my favorite frame. 

how majestic it was :.(

On 2019-02-09 at 12:14 AM, Voltage said:

Thank you for the hotfix. How about those "periodic changes" to Riven Dispositions as per: Dev Workshop: Riven Disposition Changes? The last changes were made 4 months ago, but if the intervals at which these changes come is years, we will continue sitting at a stagnant Meta for weaponry based solely on Disposition. Nobody wants their favorite Prime weapon Riven nerfed, but it gets boring watching Catchmoon/Rubico/Tombfinger/Whatever-New-Prime Access/Baro Ki'teer Inventory/Tenno Reinforcement/etc.-Weapon-Releases Riven Mods saturating trade chat and rarely anything interesting outside of that bubble.

I don't know what your real intention or problem is suggesting a dispo reroll, but you are quite selfish and declaring this on your own opinion as "stagnated" is ignorant on top of it.

Before you think about yourself, think about the others first. There are people around which either got their Riven through hard farming or bought them for their favorite weapon. They will have a hard time realizing that they literally wasted their time, efforts and money for something which won't be good no more.

People like you are the reason why things getting unnecessarily nerfed and meaningless hard. Beam weapons for example were good back in 2013 (RIP Synapse), but they changed it because people were "p*ssed off" about the Meta weapon hitting 30k-60k on headshots (don't forget the damn short range - which the nerf-comps ignored), frames like Ember getting nerfed to hell and are more likely seen at low to mid level areas, Mesa and Mag lost her symbiosis, because people were envy about the kill and suck combination (and yet Draco being rendered completely useless in that term, the frames are still nerfed. They could have at least reverted Mag's augment), Saryn got nerfed multiple times and yet DE is not able to make her balanced. First it was miasma, press-4-to-win-to-a-specific-level. Then it was molt+spore synergy, which was even stronger, but took more ramp up time to get where miasma was. Next nerf was leaving the molt+spore synergy and having spore dominate the regular usage with miasma on top of it dealing extra damage. And the final nerf. Halving the spore dmg output by half but doubling miasma which made no sense, since Spore was proccing corrosive. No one needed miasma with viral anymore. And people continued using spore even more.

And once again the melee stuff upcoming next will be another example of how things which work shouldn't be tweaked at all.

On that topic: People from 2013 will remember the charge attacks. The power it brought us with Galatine, Dual Ichors, etc. Got nerfed. Along with coptering (Dual Ichors, Dual Zoren, etc. meta), also the spin-dash (Orthos, Tipedo, etc. meta). And then we got channeling. No one cared about that one, since the cost/performance was horrible, but the combo system was good-ish and got better after many updates. Then people started to complain once again (for whatever reason...) that people were ruining fun on treasure hunting - ergo, LoS addition and the most useless nerf on melees - and that rendered them only being mob-killer items. No one used a melee for any other reason but slashing and dashing through enemies and that also annoyed people.

What we do get next ist a revamp and tuned down charge attack-focused gameplay. I don't care about the fast switching, since I had no reason in using that combo-ability stuff from any stance, but the thing is, we ALL, even those who want that nerf and don't think any further than 5 minutes, will lose the ability causing 30k-100ks of damage on each regular hit when reaching 2-3x melee multiplier. Not with the so called, what you seem to hate, Meta-Weapons nor on their beloved favorite weapons, which may or may not be OP or popular at all.

TL;DR

Don't be selfish. You know where this will lead.

7 hours ago, iHeuksal said:

I don't know what your real intention or problem is suggesting a dispo reroll, but you are quite selfish and declaring this on your own opinion as "stagnated" is ignorant on top of it.

Before you think about yourself, think about the others first. There are people around which either got their Riven through hard farming or bought them for their favorite weapon. They will have a hard time realizing that they literally wasted their time, efforts and money for something which won't be good no more.

People like you are the reason why things getting unnecessarily nerfed and meaningless hard. Beam weapons for example were good back in 2013 (RIP Synapse), but they changed it because people were "p*ssed off" about the Meta weapon hitting 30k-60k on headshots (don't forget the damn short range - which the nerf-comps ignored), frames like Ember getting nerfed to hell and are more likely seen at low to mid level areas, Mesa and Mag lost her symbiosis, because people were envy about the kill and suck combination (and yet Draco being rendered completely useless in that term, the frames are still nerfed. They could have at least reverted Mag's augment), Saryn got nerfed multiple times and yet DE is not able to make her balanced. First it was miasma, press-4-to-win-to-a-specific-level. Then it was molt+spore synergy, which was even stronger, but took more ramp up time to get where miasma was. Next nerf was leaving the molt+spore synergy and having spore dominate the regular usage with miasma on top of it dealing extra damage. And the final nerf. Halving the spore dmg output by half but doubling miasma which made no sense, since Spore was proccing corrosive. No one needed miasma with viral anymore. And people continued using spore even more.

And once again the melee stuff upcoming next will be another example of how things which work shouldn't be tweaked at all.

On that topic: People from 2013 will remember the charge attacks. The power it brought us with Galatine, Dual Ichors, etc. Got nerfed. Along with coptering (Dual Ichors, Dual Zoren, etc. meta), also the spin-dash (Orthos, Tipedo, etc. meta). And then we got channeling. No one cared about that one, since the cost/performance was horrible, but the combo system was good-ish and got better after many updates. Then people started to complain once again (for whatever reason...) that people were ruining fun on treasure hunting - ergo, LoS addition and the most useless nerf on melees - and that rendered them only being mob-killer items. No one used a melee for any other reason but slashing and dashing through enemies and that also annoyed people.

What we do get next ist a revamp and tuned down charge attack-focused gameplay. I don't care about the fast switching, since I had no reason in using that combo-ability stuff from any stance, but the thing is, we ALL, even those who want that nerf and don't think any further than 5 minutes, will lose the ability causing 30k-100ks of damage on each regular hit when reaching 2-3x melee multiplier. Not with the so called, what you seem to hate, Meta-Weapons nor on their beloved favorite weapons, which may or may not be OP or popular at all.

TL;DR

Don't be selfish. You know where this will lead.

I hardly see any problem with the idea of much more frequent riven dispo changes.  I would even go as far as to say do it every 2 weeks, every time Baro arrives.  Your plea about the "oh so much plat I've spent on my super precious riven!" falls on deaf ears to me.  It only serves to highlight how much of a bubble rivens are.  What item should rightly cost thousands of plat?  The reason why rivens are so expensive is because they don't change rapidly enough. There would be a mad grab the first couple of times and extreme exploitation, sure, but that would stop after the idea that rivens aren't permanent sets in.  The system of rivens has a few problems with how it is implemented, and the stagnancy of the buffs is prime and center.  All the stagnancy is doing is making powerful weapons even more powerful.

The idea of rivens is actually something nearing a stroke of genius:  players will adapt their weapons to the absolute minmax, and it is something nigh impossible to predict, to counter this and make every weapon more viable, the less popular, and therefore weaker or unoptimizable, weapons will get a mod that gives them extreme buffs for the mod cost.  This popularity system theoretically ensures that every weapon will reach something of an equilibrium where every weapon is viable instead of the ultimate fate of becoming MR fodder.  You wouldn't need to fine tune every weapon for all content, as the systems of buffs from the rivens will do that for you, and will continue to do so, even in the face of new content.  If something became too powerful, everyone would use it and it gets nerfed again. The more you speed up this update frequency, and the more volatile you make it, the more responsive the balancing becomes.  The two major issues facing the system right now are that the maximum buffs for the weakest weapons aren't enough (1.5x? It needs to be like 3x), and that they don't happen quickly enough for this system to see any real use.  What we currently have is a system where new weapons and older weapons with high disposition are currently optimized for and stay that way pushing a system that was meant to include every weapon to only include very few.  Instead of solving the problem of MR Fodder, by not updating the rivens frequently enough, it has instead made it worse.

Now, you make a fair point that nobody likes their favorite things being broken.  This is extremely easy to solve.  Simply only update the rivens and recalculate their stats whenever they get traded or on a new roll.  If you don't ever trade your favorite riven, or don't ever select a the new roll when cycling, your riven will stay in it's "perfect" state. This means no buffs, but also no debuffs.  Fun is maintained, and the only people losing out are those who are making a business on flipping rivens, which should be by design, a volatile and unpredictable item.  Rivens shouldn't be something you spend literal hundreds of dollars worth of plat on, they should be a system to make people use infrequently used weapons without feeling the incredible pain of not being optimized.

TL;DR

Rivens are broken, and updating them on a frequent (like two weeks) basis would go a long way of fixing them and restoring their original purpose. To preserve the fun, only update rivens when they're traded or cycled, and screw the people who think a digital item needs to be worth hundreds of dollars.

On 2019-02-09 at 12:14 PM, Slayer-. said:

Regardless of the lock in the MR test you keep gaining points so if you are ranking up say warframes and weapons you will still get the progress bar going up, if you have a lot of stuff MR ranked then each 24 hour day a new MR test can be done until you don't have the points bar full, you can try practicing the test first to see where you're failing. I like the 24 hours it stops players just speeding through the game.

Also on your ship go to your codex (top of your ships ramp the big console to the left) click Training click Advanced Movement and click Replay Tutorial.

Thank you for the training tips! Still a little tilted about it through and through. unnecessary:( 

On 2019-02-08 at 5:26 PM, Zirazel said:

Still no QoL change to the foundry with a "Favorite" tab in which items can be dragged and built faster.

Still no fix for being sent to the start of the map when falling out of bounds with the operator.

Still getting stuck on every corner for no reason not to mention the disgustingly high amount of obstacles in maps.

The focus schools are still annoyingly below weapons instead of lower with the gear.

Still seeing every caught fish in a pose instead of in the lower left corner like special picked up items (argon etc.).

Sentinels still take way too much screen space and are often an encumbrance.

Still no way of leaving survival missions on your own.

Still the same overly loud sound effect when entering navigation.

Still annoying bright white screens often accompanied by unskippable frame landing "cinematics" at mission start.

Man you sure are salty.

Le 09/02/2019 à 00:14, [DE]Megan a dit :

Fixes:

• Fixed some enemies spawning in ceilings and walls in Fissure missions which can often lead to lack of progression.

Some are still stuck in Stephano (Uranus). This map should really be looked at since a lot of players just leave when they have to play it. Lack of line of sight and mobile defense points make the lack of progression really painful, one of the two maps is decent for interception missions but totally worthless as a defense mission.

Maps in defense missions shouldn't be random, and since this map spawns a lot (Defense/Neo relics for instance) something should really be done about it.

Thanks !

On 2019-02-08 at 5:14 PM, [DE]Megan said:
  • Fixes towards AI spawning and navigation in the Grineer Forest and Corpus Outpost tileset.

Amongst all else, thanks for this!  Its been so broken for a while.  While you're at it, mind raising the ceiling over the forest outpost a little? 🤣

On 2019-02-09 at 12:14 PM, Slayer-. said:

Regardless of the lock in the MR test you keep gaining points so if you are ranking up say warframes and weapons you will still get the progress bar going up, if you have a lot of stuff MR ranked then each 24 hour day a new MR test can be done until you don't have the points bar full, you can try practicing the test first to see where you're failing. I like the 24 hours it stops players just speeding through the game.

Also on your ship go to your codex (top of your ships ramp the big console to the left) click Training click Advanced Movement and click Replay Tutorial.

Adv. tutorial might as well be in the "basic" subsection of the codex. its simply the mechanics of moving quickly and has nothing to do with finding out how far/short my jump will be between two platforms similar to the MR8 test. Things definitely need to be more refined when it comes to incorporating an update, or you end up like every other looter "mmorpg" with no sense of direction in the beginning, broken mechanics in the middlegame, and an end game people arent happy with. ah. wait.

1 hour ago, Warhound98512 said:

Adv. tutorial might as well be in the "basic" subsection of the codex. its simply the mechanics of moving quickly and has nothing to do with finding out how far/short my jump will be between two platforms similar to the MR8 test. Things definitely need to be more refined when it comes to incorporating an update, or you end up like every other looter "mmorpg" with no sense of direction in the beginning, broken mechanics in the middlegame, and an end game people arent happy with. ah. wait.

Yeah It's a guide only to what keys to press to practice making your movement better and further it does take a little bit of time to know how far you can go in a jump ingame from playing the game.

I found out the first time I bullet jumped you can't glide as far when holding a HUGE arch gun. 🤣 

5 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

Yeah It's a guide only to what keys to press to practice making your movement better and further it does take a little bit of time to know how far you can go in a jump ingame from playing the game.

I found out the first time I bullet jumped you can't glide as far when holding a HUGE arch gun. 🤣 

I ended up passing it today after watching an hour of youtube and deciding to just straight up and glide down everytime lol. Now that the levels take a little longer than a day hopefully it wont be so bad. Im not scared about MR9's stealth but if any other #*!%ery is going on tell me now😩

6 minutes ago, Awesome-X said:

Why does everyone feel the need to spam demands everytime there's a hotfix post? Like, grow tf up, already.

Why does everyone feel the need to spam their complaints about people posting a feedback everytime there's a hotfix post. Like, grow tf up, already.

Archived