Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Modular Weapons Modular Please DE

Rovaeden

Can we PLEASE have the ability to interchange parts that we have already built on our Amps, Zaws and Kitguns?

Using Amps as an example,

It is SO irritating and frustrating to have to build 333 and 323 and 332 and so on... just to figure out which Amp I like the playstyle of the best!
Why can't i just build each part once then assemble parts to my hearts content until I find the one I like? ( I know why, cuz you want us to keep grinding and spend money, but thats a bullcrap reason)

I would like to see this implemented in the near future.

Thank you DE

• Like 1

It is indeed a very strange system. Grindframe gets really stale when you can't just go out and enjoy playing and testing builds at a reasonable pace. I'm personally leaving it alone for the most part until the system is streamlined a bit better. The grind burns me out, takes away all the fun, and I know I'm not the only one who experiences that.

• Like 1

AFAIK the original plan was to allow you to swap parts out freely to find your preferred build, then finalize it by gilding. I have no idea why that was abandoned, but the current system completely defeats the point of gilding your modular items.

On 2019-02-09 at 8:27 AM, GinKenshin said:

You already mentioned the reason, what you think of it is irrelevant

Given that literally the only job of a game is to be liked, no, it's not irrelevant what players think of it.

Edited by SordidDreams
  • Like 2

I like it the way it is. Besides... Lets say u build a homeade weapon, and u tac weld it. Are then goin to break the weld... Sand it all the way down... Attach a new piece... Tac weld it again, hoping it still works? Are u goin to then break it down again... Sand it again... Etc etc? 

Instead... Use this...

https://semlar.com/zawcalc/556

Edited by (PS4)big_eviljak

9 hours ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

I like it the way it is. Besides... Lets say u build a homeade weapon, and u tac weld it. Are then goin to break the weld... Sand it all the way down... Attach a new piece... Tac weld it again, hoping it still works? Are u goin to then break it down again... Sand it again... Etc etc? 

Instead... Use this...

https://semlar.com/zawcalc/556

Why would you tack weld it, when there are plenty of alternative methods to ensure its structural stability?

48 minutes ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

My point is... The methods used to assemble the zaws, kit guns, amps... Shouldn't be undone without breaking the weapon.

We don't know the methodology utilized to assemble these weapons, so the capability might very well be there.

No one seems to be arguing for a completely free-form system here. Limitations aren't off the table. Some of us would just prefer to not create five nearly identical weapons, just to get the right feel for our personal style of play. I've found that what looks good "on paper" (especially in Warframe), isn't always that great once you finally get your hands on it.

In my eyes, the lack of such a feature (especially on un-gilded versions) is due to either:

• An arbitrary decision
  • A technical limitation

or

• Malice

I'm inclined to believe this is another technical limitation, created by the current Zaw/Kitgun/Amp creation system.