Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Special Color Palettes.

AllFiery

First of all, may I ask if I’m posting on the right place?

So anyway, I would like to propose an idea involving colors. There are parts of a Warframe that I would like to look metallic, blurry, solid or translucent.

I’m wondering if we could implement special color palettes that makes a part of whatever you’re coloring look golden or silver without worrying about what “material” that part is “made of”, for example is that you can make golden prime part accents look blurry or make regular warframe look silver.

Unfortunately, that not how the color palettes work. The "material" of a part of the warframe is determined by that warframe's model, all the color does is change the hex color to the one selected.

Although i would love to make different parts look metallic; it would have to be through some other way, similar to selecting a skin but not quite, and would further require a lot of work to get it done right.

• Like 3

Texture pallettes are a great idea! We should be able to have shiny, translucent, etc as you have mentioned, but also maybe we could have prisma, crystal, nature, ice, stone, etc too

Textures we could have:

• Shiny/Chrome
  • Translucent
  • Crystal
  • Prisma
  • Nature
  • Ice
  • Fire
  • Stone
  • Water
  • Swirling
  • Air
  • Galaxy
  • Textures that follow elements(radiation, corrosive, etc)
  • and others

(maybe also the ability to individually choose each piece/surface area/trim we could custom in an advanced appearance menu? Goes for color, and texture. I know that would be an insane amount of customization though, so maybe not.)

Edited by GrayFrequency