Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frequent crashes going into Orb Valis

(NSW)Enso

Hi, just reporting that I seem to have a 50/50 chance of crashing going into Orb Valis from Fortuna, it's worse when I play on the NA server vs EU server so it's now a choice between population and crashing essentially. Not sure if anyone else is having similar issues?

Same.  Tends to happen most often when you've done a few normal missions on the starchart before going to Vallis and haven't restarted the game in between.

There's also an occasional, though less frequent and reliable crash that's happening during a session on OV after 10 or 15 minutes.

• 4 weeks later...

i had a few the other night helping friends w/ the perfect capture nightwave objective switch laged hard then Wham. "The Software Closed because of an error"  3 times trying to get back in till i finally did directly from orbiter to vallis. (if it makes a diff, i was playing in docked mode)

Gee Nintendo's gotta be "Enjoying" DE right about now /s (everytime something crashes on the switch, it stores an error log, same error gets sent to DE, as well as to Nintendo. Dont think they were prepared for this 🤣, )

Edited by (NSW)CaelThunderwing

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so sick of this, I might quit Warframe for a while.  Out of the 6-8 sessions I've played, I've only managed to extract twice.  Every other time, the game has crashed, and I've been unable to rejoin, resulting in 0 fissures sealed.  I generally don't mind grinding, but grinding for 0 rewards is not great.  Crash rates seem about the same whether I'm the host or connecting to someone else's session. 

DE, can you guys please figure out some mechanism to either a) allow us to consistently rejoin the last session after a crash, or b) get rewards after a crash.  I know for a fact this last crash of mine should have been re-joinable - I messaged one of the players, who said the last fissure bugged out and they were heading towards extraction, but I never received the rejoin session prompt.

Sorry for the rant, I'm just so frustrated right now.

Let me just start by saying that i love this game, and i've been having a blast since it launched on switch.
Now, my problem: I can't do this event, out of a couple of tries, i was only able to get one registered sealed fracture, the rest i either lost progress because of host migration issues, or, the last one, the game simply froze after i closed a fracture and i was forced to close it.
I know you guys wanted us console players to have this event as fast as possible, but with the problems we have at the moment, it's been the worst experience i had in the game so far.
I don't think im the only one to think this, but, why should i bother doing this event, if the chances of me losing any progress are higher that the chances of not having any issue.

This happened to me twice yesterday.  I'm carrying a 3/4ths done canister, flying around looking for another fissure, and...software was closed because an error occurred.

I've played this game a lot with very few crashes overall, I always play docked on the TV.  And normally I'm not even too upset about crashes, oh well, log in again and rejoin the group if I can, Warframe is pretty good about picking up where you left off.

But the problem is when this happens in Buried Debts, the canister is just gone.  The whole group is screwed because my client crashed.

This isn't just my experience either, the first group I joined ended our run after 4 fissures because everyone was afraid of crashing.  There were other times when group members suddenly left the squad, though I can't definitely chalk that up to crashes if they didn't come back and say so.  There was another time while I was closing fissures with clan people, one of them crashed, but fortunately not the canister carrier.  All this in just one day!

I will say that one of the times I crashed, I was able to rejoin the group, and we immediately went back to town to bank those points for the rest of the group, and I was surprised to be given credit for everything I had done in that session including 3 points from the disappeared canister and other pickups.  But...it would've been 7 points. 😞

Edited by (NSW)UncleSporky

The fact that the software continues to fail over assuming player fault and essentially destroys all progress when it crashes, which is REALLY frequent in OV, has pretty much soured me to touching any kind of Fortuna content.  The number of times I've tried to farm some toroids, do a few bounties, or now participate in the newest event, only to crash and lose everything that isn't nailed down is a really, really bad look for your big headline feature.

This had no business being released with OV being as unstable as it is on the Switch right now.

I'm so sorry to hear you're experiencing crashes. We're working on improvements to roll out in future hotfixes.

I've gathered all of your crash reports and passed them along to our team who is working on improving stability in the Orb Vallis. In the meantime, if a crash at the end of a mission prevents you from receiving rewards, please contact our Support team. Let them know the following details about items you lost from a dropped mission, and they'll do everything they can:

1. The lost reward that was most important to you, which you'd like to receive
  2. The alias or aliases of member(s) in your squad
  3. Roughly the time and day you were playing

Support has been told about the crashes on Orb Vallis, so they'll know some extra help might be needed.

Edited by [DE]Helen
  • Like 3

Switch players don't have access to log files unless there's some menu option I don't know about.

It's great to see you here, Helen.  The Switch side has been a little crickets at night lately for DE posts unlike PC so it's good to get acknowledgement that it's being read even if I thought you folks were on it.

• Like 1

Let's simplify the process! If you can provide the following details when you get in touch with Support about items you lost from a dropped mission, they'll do everything they can:

2. The alias or aliases of members in your squad

Support has been told about the crashes on Orb Vallis, so they'll know some extra help might be needed. I've edited my message above to keep everyone on the same page!

5 hours ago, [DE]Helen said:

Thank you for reporting this error to us! I've passed it along to our Nintendo Switch QA team to have it investigated.

I really appreciate the response.  I know you guys put a lot of work into the game and I'm sure it can't be easy getting it to work on the Switch's hardware, but I appreciate it all the same, it's a great fit for the Switch when it's not crashing.

Today on my first attempt to go into the vallis to try another canister run with a random group, they were just getting started on the first fissure and I was flying toward it when the game simply ground to a complete halt, I was staring at a still screenshot of myself flying, music and sound effects kept playing briefly and faded out.  It sat like that completely frozen for a minute or two before I gave up and closed the software.

In case this is an issue unique to me and my situation, I will say that the game is running from a SanDisk Ultra 200GB Micro SD (SDSDQUAN-200G-G4A) with 90MB/s read speed, and it is nearly full, there are about 5 gigs remaining, in case that matters.  My Switch's internal memory has a lot more space left, I think about 13 gigs.

Me too, I just spent over an hour searching and scanning all the data hash’s in the Orb Vallis, only for it to crash at the end!!!!!

Log back in and none of my scans saved and I still have all my codex scanners. Furious!

Yesterday I spent an hour farming all the materials for the Archwing launcher in the plaines of eildon only for CRASH, no progress saved.

Don’t get me wrong, I love this game and the hard work gone into it, but this is just terrible wasting all this time and even thinking about doing it again.

Need a solution! Does WE expect me to scan ALL those data hash’s again??

They’ve literally ruined this game with this buggy update. Sent 2 reports now and no reply. Not impressed!

TBH I can’t even count the amount of crashes I’ve had now, lost track!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, [DE]Helen said:

I'm so sorry to hear you're experiencing crashes. We're working on improvements to roll out in future hotfixes.

I've gathered all of your crash reports and passed them along to our team who is working on improving stability in the Orb Vallis. In the meantime, if a crash at the end of a mission prevents you from receiving rewards, please contact our Support team. Let them know the following details about items you lost from a dropped mission, and they'll do everything they can:

2. The alias or aliases of member(s) in your squad

Support has been told about the crashes on Orb Vallis, so they'll know some extra help might be needed.

I spent over an hour searching and scanning all the data hash’s in the Orb Vallis, only for it to crash at the end!!!!!

Log back in and none of my scans saved and I still have all my codex scanners. Furious!

Yesterday I spent an hour farming all the materials for the Archwing launcher in the plaines of eildon only for CRASH, no progress saved.

Don’t get me wrong, I love this game and the hard work gone into it, but this is just terrible wasting all this time and even thinking about doing it again.

Need a solution! Does DE expect me to scan ALL those data hash’s again??

They’ve literally ruined this game with this buggy update. Sent 2 reports now and no reply. Not impressed!

TBH I can’t even count the amount of crashes I’ve had now, lost track!

19 hours ago, (NSW)UncleSporky said:

will say that one of the times I crashed, I was able to rejoin the group, and we immediately went back to town to bank those points for the rest of the group, and I was surprised to be given credit for everything I had done in that session including 3 points from the disappeared canister and other pickups.  But...it would've been 7 points

This might warrant a separate bug report, but when I've crashed doing fractures and made it back in the result  screen was a straight up lie.  Mod drops, event points, thermia all gone even though it said that I got credit and drops on the results screen.

16 hours ago, [DE]Helen said:

Let's simplify the process! If you can provide the following details when you get in touch with Support about items you lost from a dropped mission, they'll do everything they can:

2. The alias or aliases of members in your squad

Support has been told about the crashes on Orb Vallis, so they'll know some extra help might be needed. I've edited my message above to keep everyone on the same page!

I think the problem is with the latest update (Buried Debts) that’s causing these crashes in the Orb Vallis. I play the game everyday, I’ve put about 500 hours so far and have only had my game crash like twice only and that was when the game initially released on Switch, but the updates and hotfixes greatly improved the performance and I personally haven’t had any issues. I play about 6 hours everyday, sometimes 8 hours, I usually spend more than an hour in Fortuna mining and fishing and doing bounties and never had a single crash. 

I installed the latest update yesterday and spent the day doing void fissures and cracking relics and syndicate missions, etc. the regular stuff and all is fine. Today I thought I’d do some bounties in the Orb, I entered the elevator and a few second in the elevator the game crashed. I reboot and went back and was able to complete two bounties since without any crashes but yeah I’m pretty sure the problem is with the latest update, just have to optimize/improve performance of the Orb Vallis a bit. Outside of the Orb Vallis the game runs perfectly fine.