Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are crossbows bows ?

(PSN)Mudified

I saw a sortie asking for bows only.

Didn't have any.   Hate them.

But I do have a riven for Zhuge.  Which is a crossbow.  So I'm considering building a zhuge.   Will it be accepted as a "bow" when asked for "bow only" by.... huh.... things ?  (Sorties and other events, if any)

Crossbows count as bows for the purpose of Sortie conditions, yes. They can also take bow-exclusive mods such as Thunderbolt, and get double bonuses from fire rate mods. However, in terms of handling and use they're pretty much Boltors with different stat spreads, making them very handy for people who don't like conventional bows such as the Dread, etc.

The Lenz is also a bow that doesn't behave like a bow, having much more in common with launchers like the Tonkor or Zarr, but still available in Bow Only Sorties and still using Bow mods.

Does crossbow count as bows, yes and no.

1. Crossbow that has auto is the weak version and they will end up using rifle ammo
  2. they are bow you can add the thunderbolt mod to it for the bolt arrow
  3. reason why is yes and no is because they don't fire like bows and only similarity is the hang the enemy on the wall.  I find it fun sometime.

Zhuge works great for that, I polarized one with a riven just for lazy day bow sorties. As mentioned by someone else higher up, it handles very much like a Boltor. But, for unknown reasons, crossbow pistols don't count as bows. Shotgun pistols also don't count as shotguns for sortie purposes. That's always annoyed me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, (PS4)Mudified said:

I saw a sortie asking for bows only.

Didn't have any.   Hate them.

But I do have a riven for Zhuge.  Which is a crossbow.  So I'm considering building a zhuge.   Will it be accepted as a "bow" when asked for "bow only" by.... huh.... things ?  (Sorties and other events, if any)

Yes, they will.  

Yep, and I highly recommend keeping one handy for this reason. 

Double fire rate mods are amazing. 

Zhuge (and panthera) being the highest total damage full auto weapon is a great choice. 

Lenz lovers.. I wouldn't bring that into a Sargus Ruk/Vay Hek bow only sortie.

Attica's fire rate and ammo capacity might be more favorable however, and is likely to be primed before Zhuge.. 

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, (PS4)Mudified said:

Magazine capacity +45.6% (so those 20 ammo become 30 !)

This seems to highly depend on your own preference, though you sounds like you liked it.

Damage +158.3% 

The most basic good stat.

Crit. Damage +111.4%

With Zhuge base 20% crit chance, this could be helpful.

Overall, quite decent. You're free to re-roll it if you think you can get better stats, but I say this is already decent to use.

Edited by Gamma745