Jump to content
DeathshotSE

Railjack tied to clan thoughts

Recommended Posts

I know Railjack is not even out yet so I know nothing about what it will be when it releases, but I'm voicing my concerns about Railjack after the recent devstream #123 where they talked about the Railjack dry dock room in Dojos and the implications that gives about the system.

First off, what I think Railjack should be is obviously not the exact same as what the Devs want it to be, but I want to see Railjack succeed and revolutionize the entire game which, based on the devstream, doesn't seem to be where I think it is headed. What I want from Railjack is to connect the entire game together, traveling from mission to mission, adding more to the beginning and end of the current mission system by enhancing the objectives such as intending to retrieve data (Spy) from a ship requiring you to enter the ship undetected and without triggering alarms, otherwise it turns into a different objective like maybe exterminate.

Now, based off of my not-going-to-happen idealistic view of Railjack, the devstream seems to indicate that Railjack will NOT be a system-changing feature. First off, they mentioned the Railjack dry dock being a Dojo room. This likely implies that you must join a clan to access Railjack. Not everyone will always be in a clan such as someone leaving a dead clan or new players starting the game and not wanting to dedicate themselves to a clan. Because there are situations where you won't have access to a dry dock, you likely won't be able to access Railjack content (assuming the dry dock isn't just a customization room and that you must have access to one to do Railjack content). This indicates most of the current mission system like the starchart and our current mission node design will likely stay the same after Railjack.

Although, if Railjack isn't locked behind clans and if everyone just gets a default ship where your customization is limited outside of clans, then that is a different story. 

TL:DR Hope Railjack dry dock dojo room doesn't mean Railjack content is isolated from the current system such as being a new game mode.

Edited by DeathshotSE
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was a little disappointed by the need for it to be clan based too tbh,  purely because with some of these larger dojos the load into them is a whole lot longer than simply going back to your orbiter.  Maybe if the railjacks replaced your orbiters and landing craft so you could be on them the whole time itd make sense just to use the dojo for initial building and a few upgrades.  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You realize that you can have solo clans as well, right?

I just don't understand how you can not have a clan, since you need it for clan research and trading, both pretty important parts of the game. I also see nothing wrong with Railjack not being available for newer players, because they already have more than enough to do in early game.

I also see nothing wrong with it being kind of optional. It'd suck big time if you'd have to take that thing everywhere, even if you just want to  do a quick mission. From what I've seen so far its gameplay seems very slow. What I'm betting on is that it might make clans and alliances worthwile again, maybe being a part of the kingpin system. If it's another game mechanic for the sake of having that mechanic from Star Citizen or EVE (flying actual spaceships... yay), it's most likely gonna be dead on arrival. But it still seems to be very early in development. Which means that we and more importantly DE don't know yet where Railjack is going.

Edited by uxx0
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, uxx0 said:

You realize that you can have solo clans as well, right?

I'm not against it being a clan thing. I personally have a solo clan myself and I do all the research.

I'm just concerned about the implications it has of being clan thing. If you can only access it through clans, either it will be a separate thing from the current mission system, or change the mission system only after you have it. I obviously don't know enough details to know how close/far the system is from what I hope it will be, but my concern is just based on the information currently known.

If they can somehow change the mission system while Railjack stays as a clan thing, I'm all for it.

Basically, I'm hoping for a change in how we interact with missions and the world instead of just teleporting into enemy ships and doing a predetermined objective.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DeathshotSE said:

Basically, I'm hoping for a change in how we interact with missions and the world instead of just teleporting into enemy ships and doing a predetermined objective.

That's known to be a thing to some degree. If nothing else we'll be able to use our Railjack as a home away from home base.

He's also apparently said that an aim is to try and eliminate loading screens as much as possible (As can be seen in the free roam areas thus far). Though I can't find that quote myself right now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it is important to note that "Railjack" is one specific ship, also known as a sigma-series interceptor. 

 

The tech behind "Railjack" is much bigger than just one single ship, it would be a hell of a waste to go through all that effort just for one game mode. I think DE even mentioned different ships at one point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don´t think it´s wrong to tie it to clans, since you can always start a solo clan and a clan is imo mandatory at some point of the game since you want the clan blueprints and cheaper trading than on maroos bazar.
Making everything accessable to everyone isn´t always good (i´m still sad that they spoilered the secound dream just by the fact that you have eidolons there which you can´t kill and every new player which asks how to kill them gets spoilered, there are to many new players trieing to get revenant/garuda even if their equipment isn´t ready yet etc....)

  • Applause 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meh.. when they first talked about it they said it'll be solo friendly, now it's not and we should get a clan with people.

I'm already disappointed and not interested in railjack..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Meh.. when they first talked about it they said it'll be solo friendly, now it's not and we should get a clan with people.

I'm already disappointed and not interested in railjack..

How is it not solo friendly? There's no part of it that requires more than 1 person?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 1 Minute schrieb Atsia:

How is it not solo friendly? There's no part of it that requires more than 1 person?

How the hell would I know, I can only go from words that Steve says..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My big concern is being a Clan of One...I have two other members but, they are basically like once maybe a month in Warframe...So I would like DE to provide a third person option with the Rail Jack for solo players so we can be effective to some degree when the skies fill up with enemies...but, without actually playing this is mode I can  only side with cautious apprehension...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 10 Minuten schrieb (PS4)FriendSharkey:

My big concern is being a Clan of One...I have two other members but, they are basically like once maybe a month in Warframe...So I would like DE to provide a third person option with the Rail Jack for solo players so we can be effective to some degree when the skies fill up with enemies...but, without actually playing this is mode I can  only side with cautious apprehension...

Same. Gone through a lot of clans and they always became inactive, bored and disbanded. That's the reason why I'm in a solo clan now. Tired of it. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-02-10 at 1:50 PM, Atsia said:

How is it not solo friendly? There's no part of it that requires more than 1 person?

From what I remember Steve said you will be able to install upgrades to automatize systems, he specificly mentioned turrets so dunno about other systems though

On 2019-02-10 at 1:24 PM, Dark_Lugia said:

I don´t think it´s wrong to tie it to clans, since you can always start a solo clan and a clan is imo mandatory at some point of the game since you want the clan blueprints and cheaper trading than on maroos bazar.
Making everything accessable to everyone isn´t always good (i´m still sad that they spoilered the secound dream just by the fact that you have eidolons there which you can´t kill and every new player which asks how to kill them gets spoilered, there are to many new players trieing to get revenant/garuda even if their equipment isn´t ready yet etc....)

The problem isnt needing to have a dojo to build/upgrade ship, if thats only thing needed for railjack then thats fine, the problem is whatever we can play rajijack with random players or are we limited to players from our clan, if only people from clan can play together then majority of ghost clans wont be able to play it at all since its rare to see more then 10-20% of players from clan playing at the same time, which in ghost clan case means 1-2 people, and even then some people may prefer to do something else at the moment, so you literally have no one to play with in game mode you NEED team for.

I really hope there is an option to host mission with random players, or being able to join someone else crew, guns of icarus is good example of how it should be done, its game about airships where each player has doing different role on the airship, from steering to shoting with turrets to repairing the ship so pretty much exactly like railjack, in this game people set up their custom match or join someone else match(you have list of custom matches to choose from, but you can also press quick join to quickly join any available match, which is pretty much how any mission in waframe is), I really hope DE will do something like this  

Edited by Culaio
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-02-10 at 3:17 AM, DeathshotSE said:

I know Railjack is not even out yet so I know nothing about what it will be when it releases, but I'm voicing my concerns about Railjack after the recent devstream #123 where they talked about the Railjack dry dock room in Dojos and the implications that gives about the system.

First off, what I think Railjack should be is obviously not the exact same as what the Devs want it to be, but I want to see Railjack succeed and revolutionize the entire game which, based on the devstream, doesn't seem to be where I think it is headed. What I want from Railjack is to connect the entire game together, traveling from mission to mission, adding more to the beginning and end of the current mission system by enhancing the objectives such as intending to retrieve data (Spy) from a ship requiring you to enter the ship undetected and without triggering alarms, otherwise it turns into a different objective like maybe exterminate.

Now, based off of my not-going-to-happen idealistic view of Railjack, the devstream seems to indicate that Railjack will NOT be a system-changing feature. First off, they mentioned the Railjack dry dock being a Dojo room. This likely implies that you must join a clan to access Railjack. Not everyone will always be in a clan such as someone leaving a dead clan or new players starting the game and not wanting to dedicate themselves to a clan. Because there are situations where you won't have access to a dry dock, you likely won't be able to access Railjack content (assuming the dry dock isn't just a customization room and that you must have access to one to do Railjack content). This indicates most of the current mission system like the starchart and our current mission node design will likely stay the same after Railjack.

Although, if Railjack isn't locked behind clans and if everyone just gets a default ship where your customization is limited outside of clans, then that is a different story. 

TL:DR Hope Railjack dry dock dojo room doesn't mean Railjack content is isolated from the current system such as being a new game mode.

Steve already confirmed on twitter. that railjack will be connected to thr main game and connect things together, so your "idealistic view" isnt that far off.  

   

Now as to railjack being tied to clans, Im in support of this, dojo's are useless beyond going in; getting the bp you need; and leaving.

New players shouldnt be occupied with Rialjack content, its like a new players complaining that the war within is on sedna and not on earth, its on sedna because its not meant for new players, new players should focus on finishing the plethora of content thats infront of them instead of directly going to railjack, and if railjack is what they want a simple 5 minutes in recruiting chat will get you into a clan in no time, same thing for players who leave dead clans.

  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Culaio said:

From what I remember Steve said you will be able to install upgrades to automatize systems, he specificly mentioned turrets so dunno about other systems though

The problem isnt needing to have a dojo to build/upgrade ship, if thats only thing needed for railjack then thats fine, the problem is whatever we can play rajijack with random players or are we limited to players from our clan, if only people from clan can play together then majority of ghost clans wont be able to play it at all since its rare to see more then 10-20% of players from clan playing at the same time, which in ghost clan case means 1-2 people, and even then some people may prefer to do something else at the moment, so you literally have no one to play with in game mode you NEED team for.

I really hope there is an option to host mission with random players, or being able to join someone else crew, guns of icarus is good example of how it should be done, its game about airships where each player has doing different role on the airship, from steering to shoting with turrets to repairing the ship so pretty much exactly like railjack, in this game people set up their custom match or join someone else match(you have list of custom matches to choose from, but you can also press quick join to quickly join any available match, which is pretty much how any mission in waframe is), I really hope DE will do something like this  

DE have confirmed youll be able to play with rando's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, (PS4)Wolfou_Jams said:

DE have confirmed youll be able to play with rando's

where did they say so ?

I only saw DE say that you need to be part of clan to be able to enjoy it(need dojo and all that to have ships), which kinda implies otherwise, since if you can join someone else crew then you can enjoy railjack without having dojo or even a ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-02-10 at 2:17 AM, DeathshotSE said:

First off, what I think Railjack should be is obviously not the exact same as what the Devs want it to be, but I want to see Railjack succeed and revolutionize the entire game which, based on the devstream, doesn't seem to be where I think it is headed. What I want from Railjack is to connect the entire game together, traveling from mission to mission, adding more to the beginning and end of the current mission system by enhancing the objectives such as intending to retrieve data (Spy) from a ship requiring you to enter the ship undetected and without triggering alarms, otherwise it turns into a different objective like maybe exterminate.

Introducing a new element and then forcing it into every bit of new (and some old) content is precisely why a lot of people hate Operators. Suddenly dropping a new requirement for people to grind their space ship if they want to do the same Spy mission they've been doing for years seems like a non-starter. Mind you, I too would like some more freedom to use the game's cooler features, such as using my Archwing to fly between portions of the Jupiter gas city, I doubt we're going to get Grand Theft Spaceship with the Railjack update. Even if DE have been going the route of "open world" maps, I doubt they're looking to retrofit that into all pre-existing content.

Me personally, I'm just hoping for an actual exterior with customisation options for my sodding Orbiter. Beyond that, I don't see it as reasonable to expect Raijack to "revolutionise" the game. No piece of content I'm aware of thus far has.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...