Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Important Question for Mod About T-Shirt and Clay Pot

Draxnos

I have a question that I would like to get to DE as it involves possible copyright laws. I’m worried the linked photo of a T-Shirt I made breaks copyright laws even though I made it for a class and do not intend on selling it (I no longer have the file anyways). I hand traced the lotus symbol and 2 color image traced the design in the oval, both of which are copyrighted. I was also going to make a clay Kuria as a pot for personal keeping and for a class, but am worried to break copyright laws as that is an in game asset. If disapproved by DE, I will dispose of the shirt and discontinue the clay Kuria school project.

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/o5OPnkq

I am not a mod or DE staff, but from how Ive seen similar cases been handled, as long as there is no commercial (or mass production) ends on a proyect, they wont care. Also, bear in mind laws governing copyrights do not affect personal property, so long as it is not used for advertisement or commercial purposes (aka you could make your shirts for yourself, but not sell them nor produce them for other people; same applies to the pot).

Its likely going to take a long time for an official answer to your topic to come about, but I wish you the best of luck.