Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition to remove rep cap.

TheLivingExile

Maybe if gamers didn't plow through these kinds of grinds the way that my dog snarfs down all of his meals, then gamers would complain less about having nothing to do, my dog would throw up less, and the world would need neither reputation caps nor those labyrinth food bowls. 

• Like 3

If cap was removed, they would have to change how it scales when you gain it. Where getting the daily cap would take weeks instead.

If they removed the cap and left it how it is, people would grind through any new syndicate that comes out within a day. 
This includes things like fortuna and cetus which needs that time wall. 

This is a F2P game without P2W, without a time wall this game would quickly burn out quicker than it does now.

13 hours ago, TheLivingExile said:

This thread is a call to action to help new and endgame players alike! The grind for rep in the open world segments is utterly soul crushing when you are a new player because you only get 1000+(1000×MR)

I'm currently MR 15 in the game and even with my cap of 16k rep per day, it hurts to have to wait to be able to get just that little bit more rep to say gild a zaw or kitgun. And the same goes for the 6 syndicates with how over half of the rewards are locked to the final tier of each of them.

Please help me by getting this noticed by DE so they can fix this problem for us all.

If you wanted DE to see this, maybe you should have put it in the right place. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, -AiLuoLi- said:

MR0 with max rank Ostron. What's your excuse?

...Why though?

More to the point this isn't evidence of other people being lazy, its evidence of one person being either dedicated, crazy, bored or some inane combination of all three.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Aldain said:

...Why though?

More to the point this isn't evidence of other people being lazy, its evidence of one person being either dedicated, crazy, bored or some inane combination of all three.

Because they can. And it's not just 1 person, there's a lot more "Zeros" out there from various region.

Just now, -AiLuoLi- said:

Because they can. And it's not just 1 person, there's a lot more "Zeros" out there from various region.

Just because people can doesn't mean that its a good idea or the best way to do something, nor does it reduce the credit of those who do things in different ways.

It also doesn't serve any point to the argument for or against the adjustment of standing caps. All it achieves is a state of bragging over wasted time to accomplish something that can be accomplished more quickly and efficiently though other means.

20 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Just because people can doesn't mean that its a good idea or the best way to do something, nor does it reduce the credit of those who do things in different ways.

It also doesn't serve any point to the argument for or against the adjustment of standing caps. All it achieves is a state of bragging over wasted time to accomplish something that can be accomplished more quickly and efficiently though other means.

Nah, the point is to make people salty

15 hours ago, TheLivingExile said:

This thread is a call to action to help new and endgame players alike! The grind for rep in the open world segments is utterly soul crushing when you are a new player because you only get 1000+(1000×MR)

I'm currently MR 15 in the game and even with my cap of 16k rep per day, it hurts to have to wait to be able to get just that little bit more rep to say gild a zaw or kitgun. And the same goes for the 6 syndicates with how over half of the rewards are locked to the final tier of each of them.

Please help me by getting this noticed by DE so they can fix this problem for us all.

Um...nope...

You do realise caps are in the game for a reason, right?

Well a couple of reasons, in fact.

First, to stop people blowing through content too quickly and secondly to discourage players spending unhealthy amounts of time in front of their PCs / consoles.

DE have said these measures are deliberately built into the game and I don't see them changing their minds, no matter how many petitions people start.

If you're finding the grind "soul crushing" you REALLY need to find something else to do with your life.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

I am one of the ones who personally enjoy the rep caps. Sure you can't grind out a syndicate all day but if you could then you would have a lot more people complaining about having nothing to do because they maxed out that syndicate and got everything they wanted out in less than a week. With how it is now it is good because you can max out a syndicates standing in at most an hour and you can move on to something else.

Yes, the rep cap is an artificial way to increase play time but DE is one of the few devs that protect you/others from themselfs. Lets face it, if there was no cap then we would farm it all we could until we were sick of it. Much like kuva farming.

If there wasn't a standing cap that is exactly how syndicates would feel until you maxed all of them and then you would never touch them again.

vor 17 Stunden schrieb TheLivingExile:

I started with WF about one year ago but I never felt rep farming to be soul crushing while I leveled myself through the MRs. It was just a waiting game.

It might be a subjective feeling but something is IMO soul crushing if you have to invest a large amount of energy to gain minimal progress.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Not from the get go, cap could be removed after reaching Max rank + Max standing one time.. after that I wouldn't mind the removal.. 

But that defeats the purposes of the caps. Players would be able to access everything from each syndicate...and would likely spend unhealthy amounts of time grinding in order to do just that.

Gaining rank / standing is supposed to feel like an achievement. Blowing through all the ranks in a day removes that and lessens the playability of that part of the game.

We know DE already struggle to put out enough content to keep the no-lifers most active players happy. Plus we know there are spreadsheet warriors out there who deliberately calculate the quickest, most efficient means of completing content.

Given what they are up against, its no wonder they feel forced to put artificial gates into the game.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

18 hours ago, TheLivingExile said:

It's not just me that hates cap. Most everyone I've talked to hates the rep cap. And to fix it, I believe that they either need to remove it or make it the size of the focus cap and make it cycle weekly.

You need to meet more people.  

21 hours ago, TheSixteenth said:

It's this way because you can get more masteries done, make more weapons and frames. But MR 26 doesn't have any weapons or frames to grind. So they can grind more standing. 

Make more weapons and frames, get mastery 26, by that time, you can start to complain about standing cap. 

It's like children complaining not having enough meat when they didn't eat the veggies. Eat the veggies, get more meat if you are not full yet. 

Before you go all : "I have a life, you nolife elitist."

I'm MR 13 playing about 2h a day max, sometime I don't play at all. I max the standing I need in one hour, then I farm one hour. A healthy diet of Warframe. 

I have a life, you no-life elitist.

13 hours ago, -AiLuoLi- said:

MR0 with max rank Ostron. What's your excuse?

CoyZh4M.jpg I7BsXkj.jpg 

I have questions. 

In order to get access to the operator as an individual, controllable unit, you have to finish the war within, yeah?

That is locked behind the MR5 requirement of the junction that rewards the quest, right?

How can there be an operator for a MR0 account? 

And doesn't the alignment icon in the bottom left only show after the war within?

On 2019-02-10 at 6:38 PM, TheLivingExile said:

I'm pretty sure that if DE removes the daily cap rep, it would ruin the market with too many Vaykor/Telos/Synoid/Secura/Rakta/Sancti weapons.

On 2019-02-10 at 9:53 PM, Aldain said:

My solution to this would be to make it possible to get small amounts of reputation through extra activities regardless of if you're capped or not.

Repeatable faction missions that give fixed and drastically reduced reputation and limited standing item spawns (No more than 100-300ish standing).

Side content in Open-worlds that would act much the same (I'd convert Fortuna conservation to this for example.)

Really the issue of it is more that its 100% impossible to gain more standing past the cap, a better way to adjust this would be to make a "soft-cap" using the daily standing system and allow for VERY minimal extra standing, which would allow newer players to catch up past their lower MR at a slower pace while not removing the purpose of increasing MR.

This seems a good idea, if i would be honest.

Not being able to play with my sons kinda sucks because they are lower MR and the rep cap is so low for them I’ll have to wait weeks to play with them but I can’t be mad it’s a free to play game with very little meaningful content and absolutely no end game so it’s no wonder they want people to be coming back every day.