Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition to remove rep cap.

TheLivingExile

On 2019-02-10 at 5:38 PM, TheLivingExile said:

This thread is a call to action to help new and endgame players alike! The grind for rep in the open world segments is utterly soul crushing when you are a new player because you only get 1000+(1000×MR)

I'm currently MR 15 in the game and even with my cap of 16k rep per day, it hurts to have to wait to be able to get just that little bit more rep to say gild a zaw or kitgun. And the same goes for the 6 syndicates with how over half of the rewards are locked to the final tier of each of them.

Please help me by getting this noticed by DE so they can fix this problem for us all.

its a normal time gate mechanic to make content last as long as possible, they wont revert that esp now they are concentrating on large open world content stacked on top of stuff like railjack and still waiting for a long long overdue fix to make dark sectors worthwhile.  Allowing players to blast through the limited content does not equate to a health bank balance for them, even with junctions added in, the starmap and mini-quests are still completed rather quickly so this is why we have time gating everywhere usually via MR, daily standings or the latest craze since POE which is making you do collecting side professions like mining and fishing which is copy/pasted/renamed into fortuna.

• Like 1

Hello, to the original author of this post:

Regarding reputation farming for the open world syndicates, it is annoying, but it serves as a time gating mechanic to keep players from burning through all of the games content in a day or a week. However, I do think that a wearable sigil with a little bit of extra reputation gained while in the respective open world environment would be nice. It would give a 2% extra reputation gain while running bounties in POE/ The Orb Vallis. However, there would have to be some kind of limit to stop people from abusing it, but I have no idea what such a limit would be. Furthermore the extra reputation gain, would not count for the spoiler mode syndicates(which require separate materials anyway). Finally, a small complaint I have is that the profit taker fights are locked behind rank 5 SU  standing( I get why the profit taker fights are reputation gates, but Eidolon fights were not locked behind a reputation  level even through the better amp parts are locked behind higher standing level with  the Quills).

Questions/comments welcome!

3 hours ago, MagPrime said:

I have questions. 

In order to get access to the operator as an individual, controllable unit, you have to finish the war within, yeah?

That is locked behind the MR5 requirement of the junction that rewards the quest, right?

How can there be an operator for a MR0 account? 

And doesn't the alignment icon in the bottom left only show after the war within?

Only possible on old account and you'd be surprised at how some MR lock are only there as soft lock. But I'm not gonna spoil how to do it here.

Edited by -AiLuoLi-

The rep cap is why most of my friends quit playing. It is exactly the excruciatingly slow process that causes burn out in the game. Personally it is also the reason why I hope...really hope...they will never ever put in another open world ever again.

Especially the system in Fortuna is mindbogglingly bad, terrible and attrocious...hiding a new rep system behind maxing another. It simply keeps friends from playing content together. One of our friends returned from a 3 month break and needs at his current mastery 2.5 weeks to max standing in Fortuna before he can even begin thinking of doing the Orb fight with us. It is ridiculous. 

13 minutes ago, (PS4)BOSS_TPH76 said:

The rep cap is why most of my friends quit playing. It is exactly the excruciatingly slow process that causes burn out in the game. Personally it is also the reason why I hope...really hope...they will never ever put in another open world ever again.

Especially the system in Fortuna is mindbogglingly bad, terrible and attrocious...hiding a new rep system behind maxing another. It simply keeps friends from playing content together. One of our friends returned from a 3 month break and needs at his current mastery 2.5 weeks to max standing in Fortuna before he can even begin thinking of doing the Orb fight with us. It is ridiculous. 

its also the fact its a copy/paste/rename/reskin of POE that makes fortuna a dead fish on arrival, any more of the same would be overkill, we only have 2 open world areas and its already overkill.

POE           - BigISH outdoor area, can do bountys for rewards, can fish and mine to progress on new items/weapons/etc
FORTUNA  - Bigger outdoor area (different tileset/gfx), can do bountys for rewards (same as POE renamed), can fish (robotic fish instead of flesh) and mine (same stuff renamed) to progress on new items/weapons/companions/etc.

MARS/ETC - I can make a frightening guess!

EVERY game i can think of with a limited number of maps regardless of how large or pretty they look always brings tedium and boredom from any long lasting game, ME3:MP, Mechwarrior Online and many more suffer this problem with most never addressing the issue.  Due to just wanting to get something out fast, DE made procedurally generated lego maps to save time, this may have been a dirty quick way for them to get maps out and randomized ones at that but it works/worked to keep the game fresh on every playthrough.

DE have instead moved towards the same boring, tedious and long development map design as their competitors rather than enhance the procedurally generated stuff, ideally they should have tried to make rooms interiors have procedurally generated changes/alterations to further enhance the advantage DE originally made over their competitors games, if they did this then even their small static defence maps could get a face lift every play through.

Nothing like forgetting your roots that made you popular esp when the lego system is still the largest relevant part of the game, when adding features overtakes enhancing playability.

• Like 1

I am MR25 and I sign this petition. The rep cap is BS and I have had people tell me they do not like to play the game because of that. Especially vet MMO players who just want to be able to grind things as fast as skill-ably possible. They also complain that it is artificial and weak. 

• Like 1

Yeah people need to realize if there was no daily rep cap, we would have insanely higher reputation grinds instead. You would still have to play the same amount of time, but instead grind that one thing only. Now you can swap it up when you reach your daily cap.

• Like 1

If you want example of no daily cap, take a look at a game called wartunder. Theres no daily cap of amount of research point you can get in a day, but theres a catch. In the end you still play the same amount of time to get somewhere you want, with or without a cap because they will just raise the amount of cap needed if you ask to remove the cap. The cap is also there you encourage player to come back everyday and a reason to increase higher mastery rank, without the cap im sure i can max everything in like 2 weeks and that will make people just quit the game and complain theres nothing to do. Unless you people has better idea about the cap thing and not just say "petition to remove x!" without a proper suggestion nothing will ever changed.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CeePee said:

Yeah people need to realize if there was no daily rep cap, we would have insanely higher reputation grinds instead. You would still have to play the same amount of time, but instead grind that one thing only. Now you can swap it up when you reach your daily cap.

^^This. 

When I was ranking up to Old Mate, it was really nice to be able to mine for 30-60 minutes to accumulate a few days’ worth of gems so I could just hop into Fortuna and trade them all for standing each day. Sure, you can’t just hard grind your way to Old Mate in a single 12 hour marathon, but max daily standing is so easy to hit that you never really have to hard grind for days on end. 

On 2019-02-12 at 8:20 AM, Gurpgork said:

^^This. 

When I was ranking up to Old Mate, it was really nice to be able to mine for 30-60 minutes to accumulate a few days’ worth of gems so I could just hop into Fortuna and trade them all for standing each day. Sure, you can’t just hard grind your way to Old Mate in a single 12 hour marathon, but max daily standing is so easy to hit that you never really have to hard grind for days on end. 

Thats why i also mention that it should do the 24 hour (Or better daily reset) lock on ranking up. Or set the rep cap to something like what happened to focus. Here is my example, say 20k at base and 2k times your MR.