Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wisp ability ideas

(PSN)Frost_Nephilim

The type of warframe im going for is sort of a mix between support, crowd control, and damage. If anyone sees any ideas they like here feel free to take them, you do not have to mention me if you take an idea from me ever!! 💙💙

The theme is a wisp of course. Ghost like creature

Passive idea #1: holding the jump button while aim gliding causes wisp to increase her air height

Passive idea #2: when enemies target wisp for the 1st time they run in fear for 5 seconds

Ability 1: wisp dashs forward, passing through locked doors while also instantly unlocking the door for her allies.

Ability 2: wisp latches on to an enemy or ally.

(Idk if de could give us full control over an enemy so i tried to come up with something that just controls their movement)

-When attached to an enemy, wisp will be seen coming out the back of the enemy and hovering over their head with her primary weapon in her hand. The enemy's movement will be controlled by wisp but its attacks will be automatic and will only start attacking once wisp fires her weapon. Enemies cannot see wisp but the player and wisp's allies will. When she detaches herself from the enemy, all nearby enemies will run in fear at the sight of wisp. 

-When attached to an ally the ally becomes transparent, reducing enemy detection of the player to 20m, and healing the player over time (wisp cannot be seen, damaged, and is unable to attack). When wisp detaches herself from the ally, she'll horrify nearby enemies possibly causing some to instantly die from heart attacks depending on how much health wisp restored to her ally. This is an energy drain ability that will force wisp to detach from her ally when all her energy is drained.

Ability 3: wisp unleashes a 20m cold aura (cause ghost usually causes cold spots). Enemies in the aura are slowed and will take twice as much damage from attacks when theyre under a panic/fear proc.

(Explanation: The cold gave them a feeling something was near them simular to how the mod "coolant leak" alerts enemies when youre invisible. So if theyve already been scared by something and theyre in this aura, an attack will scare them even more to the point were its fatal.)

Ability 4: (id like to call this ability lure) Enemies who are running in fear or are panicking from any source will run towards wisp quickly seeing her as someone they trust when this ability is active. After a few seconds, wisp's arms will turn into large scythes which the player can use to violently attack the nearby enemies. (Can combo this with her 2nd and 3rd ability.

Explanation: I decided to make this 4th ability like this because, according to Wikipedia's definition of a wisp creature, it said a wisp often misleads travelers to an impossible goal or something that someone would find to be sinister. I think being lead to a deadly wraith like creature is pretty sinister! Do look up "wraith creature" if youre unfamiliar with what it is, its basically a ghost and is pretty cool in my opinion.)

hmm.. that last idea oddly reminded me of a good movie called "bird box". 

Tell me what you think and/or your ideas for abilities youd want wisp to have! I feel like this frame ive created has a lot going on, is it too much? Do they seem un fun? Etc

Edited by (PS4)Ghost--00--

5 hours ago, DaftMeat said:

Her abilities already have placeholder names that were leaked in the last Devstream (Reservoir, Light, Harness, Reverie). Odds are her abilities are mostly set, they just need some more internal testing/tweaking.

I see, thank you! This is nothing more but a fan concept. Abilities can change a little bit know? Still would like to see a little bit of feed back

• Like 1