Jump to content
(NSW)Flutterdrive

I'm unable to read most of the text of this game. Can you please add a text size slider?

Recommended Posts

I have recently tried to getting into this game, and ive not had the best experience so far. Due to my not so good vision, i haven't been able to read most of this game's information. From cutscene subtitles to the menus to the health and ammo count. I know there is an option to increase the hud size, but that itself just has its host of problems, like not making the subtitles from comms any bigger, making the map too big and uncomfortable along with Vor's visions. Even when on the ship or out on the field, i cant really read the text of the signs or items. Whether in docked or portable, this has been an issue.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have recently tried to getting into this game, and ive not had the best experience so far. Due to my not so good vision, i haven't been able to read most of this game's information. From cutscene subtitles to the menus to the health and ammo count. I know there is an option to increase the hud size, but that itself just has its host of problems, like not making the subtitles from comms any bigger, making the map too big and uncomfortable along with Vor's visions. Even when on the ship or out on the field, i cant really read the text of the signs or items. Whether in docked or portable, this has been an issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can increase the font size for player chat in options but that wont do anything for transmission text, quest text or mod text.

It would be nice to have better UI customization though. 

Edited by MagPrime

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HUD scale under Interface options should take care of most information on screen. Energy, abilities, buffs, ect.

Not sure if it affects subtitles but menu scale is also an option.

EDIT: never mind on menu scale. Doesn't seem to allow you to edit it over 100, even in the ee.cfg

Edited by Xzorn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

at this point, i think you just need to get a bigger monitor if your vision is so bad you cannot read the HUD at 100

There are some other options that involve hacking or 3rd party programs that i know a person used for a 4k moniters and even multiple screens.  IT can be done but not in the game

Short of a new Accessibility option for the UI 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, -CM-Kinnison said:

at this point, i think you just need to get a bigger monitor if your vision is so bad you cannot read the HUD at 100

There are some other options that involve hacking or 3rd party programs that i know a person used for a 4k moniters and even multiple screens.  IT can be done but not in the game

Short of a new Accessibility option for the UI 

He's playing on switch.

My advice, if you have such poor vision just get a pair of glasses?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TheRealShade said:

He's playing on switch.

My advice, if you have such poor vision just get a pair of glasses?

I can buy u pair of glasses, and u can test it first, then tell us how wokrs!?

Deal. 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Xzorn said:

HUD scale under Interface options should take care of most information on screen. Energy, abilities, buffs, ect.

Not sure if it affects subtitles but menu scale is also an option.

EDIT: never mind on menu scale. Doesn't seem to allow you to edit it over 100, even in the ee.cfg

Playing on switch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, AvPCelticPredator said:

I can buy u pair of glasses, and u can test it first, then tell us how wokrs!?

Deal. 😄

Already do wear glasses and they can only help so much

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I've got better than 20-20 vision and still have to guess which teammate is standing in front of me, based on the general shape of the username in my hud and the list at the top of the screen most of the time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've tried to play on the Switch, and it feels like if I didn't have hundreds of hours in the PC version to the point that I've pretty much memorized every string of text in the game I'd be feeling a lot of annoyance.  it's not impossibly small text, but it's inconveniently small text.

I could hook it up to a screen, but that's pretty much the exact opposite of how I like to use the Switch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...