killj0i

A basic proposition for scaling Kuva

A fairly basic system for Kuva scaling by a YT'er named "Ksilisab" suggesting that each subsequent extractor in Kuva survival yield an additional 5 Kuva. 

And additional 5. Not 50, not 25. Not even 10.

And the yields would be absolutely worth it, and incentivize longer runs . Almost like an endgame reward for an endgame activity, Steve.
10 extractors done would be meaning an additional 25% Kuva, which should take approximately 15 minutes. As Kuva survival is exclusively for Kuva, it would provide a greater bonus than endless relic fissures yielding 25% affinity, drop chance and credits, but solely for Kuva so it's reasonably balanced. Though endless fissure missions scale up to a 2x cap across the board after around 80 minutes of survival, they are yielding 3 separate boosters + a bonus relic. I don't think the described system for Kuva would actually need a cap, but 2.5-4x would still be an incredible stimulus to Kuva harvesters, and higher level players in general seeking to make their own endgame via rolling rivens for their collection or rolling and flipping them in trade chat.

Please take a look, and updoot accordingly if you feel it wouldn't break the game but would be a worthwhile addition to a stale, non-scaling system.

Edited by killj0i
math based mistake

12 minutes ago, killj0i said:

A fairly basic system for Kuva scaling by a YT'er named "Ksilisab"

This video has been posted before. There is a search feature.

13 minutes ago, killj0i said:

incentivize longer runs

This is the key, here. DE has said and done a lot of work towards this not being something they want to incentivize. If the system's ultimate result is that players who simply exist in the same mission for a long time, vs. the same mission done several times in the same time span, get more rewards, the idea is dead. Spending an hour in a mission is not skillful. It is not something for the game to go out of its way to reward.

25 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Spending an hour in a mission is not skillful. It is not something for the game to go out of its way to reward.

Unless we're forgetting enemy scaling here, I do believe longer runs should be more rewarding for the players who are willing to commit time toward such an endeavor. Rewards in general shouldn't be impossible to come by for normal players, but we also shouldn't disregard the part of the community that does enjoy longer runs. There ARE people who do enjoy the challenge, and they're very much deserving of better scaling rewards for the effort, so why throw them aside to maintain a lackluster status quo? Most people who spend time leveling gear don't go to Hydron for just 5 waves, that doesn't net you enough affinity. Applying the same attitude to any survival mission is just plain wrong, it's a massive slap in the face to an extremely dedicated part of the community that deserves better. 

• Like 1

Just now, (PS4)EntertaingGaming said:

but we also shouldn't disregard the part of the community that does enjoy longer runs

Why not?

1 minute ago, (PS4)EntertaingGaming said:

it's a massive slap in the face to an extremely dedicated part of the community that deserves better. 

Deserve? It doesn't help your case to pretend to be more important than you are. DE seems to think this is not a player segment worth chasing. Any data to prove them wrong?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, peterc3 said:

This video has been posted before. There is a search feature.

Yeah and the first thing I saw in that thread was you derailing it by being belligerent against anyone who wants to go for escalating difficulty and escalating rewards.
Clearly this is not a part of the community you subscribe to, but it is part of the community none-the-less. 

2 hours ago, peterc3 said:
2 hours ago, (PS4)EntertaingGaming said:

but we also shouldn't disregard the part of the community that does enjoy longer runs

Why not?

Correction: a part of the community you seem to hate. 

3 hours ago, peterc3 said:

DE seems to think this is not a player segment worth chasing. Any data to prove them wrong?

Uh.... yes? Talking to endgame players tends to give the connotation that they do think it is worth chasing, or at least considering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmWsj0Tt8q8

Also, DE are quite able to make up their own minds, or even change them. They've said before they don't want WF to have infinitely scaling rewards, but they do have the rotation system, scaling enemies and scaling affinity, as well as scaling boosters for affinity resources and credits, along-side bonus relics in a special mission type known as endless fissure. Given that we have a special mission specifically for harvesting kuva, I don't think it's unreasonable to put this similar veined idea forward or support it. Which is what I will continue to do.

4 hours ago, peterc3 said:

the idea is dead

No, it is dead to you. It keeps getting brought up because the idea is not dead to other people.

15 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Deserve? It doesn't help your case to pretend to be more important than you are. DE seems to think this is not a player segment worth chasing. Any data to prove them wrong?

First off, you can throw away your misconception about me being one of those dedicated survival/kuva mission runner...I'm not, I just believe that the OP has a good point about scaling rewards. Any player can choose to spend their time however they like in any mission, but scaling rewards has ALWAYS been a problem in this game. If there's NO incentive to run longer missions in the first place, then why does DE even allow players to run these missions for lengthy periods of time in the first place? Why not intentionally cut them off at any point? It makes no sense unless they plan to address the problem in the future, even if they approach the issue reluctantly. The last thing any niche community needs is to be shoved off to the side like the Raid community, or worse, end up forgotten like the Conclave community. Seriously, who or what does scaling rewards hurt in the long run?

Edited by (PS4)EntertaingGaming
  • Like 1