Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are alt accounts a bannable offense?

(PSN)Shadow_Of_Hunhow

Having a second account is not, in and of itself, a ban-able offense as far as I can tell, but don't quote me on that.

When people do get banned on multiple accounts, it's usually because they were using those accounts to exploit the Trade system or farm exclusive items or something of that nature.

Even though ToS say alt accounts are forbidden, the devs have stated that you are allowed to have multiple accounts but they must never interact with each other in any way.

Edited by Guest

do not buy prime access on your alt account and trade the plat to yourself on console either I think to DE thats exploits discounted plat by letting you get it more than once which would hurt the plat economy.  

I would not recommend even risking buying prime access on a alt for consoles since we have discounted plat in them. I am not sure if pc prime access is the same

Edited by (XB1)Dex Xean

https://www.warframe.com/terms

ACCOUNT
The creation of alternate accounts will be handled on a case by case basis, and we reserve the right to remove accounts
used to circumvent any form of restrictions to the game or the Service including the official Warframe forums.

Keep the accounts active separately.  If you use them to bypass any limitations, you'll get them all banned.

Edited by MystMan
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

I've run into this sorta thing in Trade Chat before

where someone posts an item and you message them but you get an invite from someone else; their 'friend' who wants to do the trade

I suppose they're using a second account as storage or somesuch; unclear if allowed

Perks of having siblings. Pay your siblings $1 per hour for advertising and checking the chat every 120s. No rule broken.

4 hours ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

I've run into this sorta thing in Trade Chat before

where someone posts an item and you message them but you get an invite from someone else; their 'friend' who wants to do the trade

I suppose they're using a second account as storage or somesuch; unclear if allowed

using a second account as storage is not allowed.

That being said, that might not be their second account, could easily be a friend / clanmate / sibling that they are trying to help out. Maybe one is sitting in NA while the other is sitting in EU trade chat so they can find a buyer/seller quicker?

14 hours ago, (PS4)SCP-100912 said:

I've heard before that people that use alt accounts get banned and I just want to know if that's true or not?

alt accounts is fine, i have 4, having them trade, interact, keyshare etc is the big nono, also i cant remember but i think they arent allowed in the same clan either, 1 of those was easy to ignore for those of us who made MR0 accounts in 13/14 as they arent able to trade anyways (a crying shame as my main has loads of prime stuff and relics my alts are or were crying for).  If you have multiple accounts, just play them seperate and there is no issues.

3 hours ago, Modeaus said:

This might answer your questions...

DE response when I asked them this question.

at least theres something official, at 1 time there was nothing due to it being a pretty rare thing, pity its not stickied somewhere in plain sight.

Edited by Methanoid

1 minute ago, (PS4)mrjcthe1st said:

I have 2 PlayStations and 1 PS pro in my house that me and my 2 sons play on and we trade items all the time and we are all in the same clan. I would like to see them try and ban my accounts. I would ban DE from my wallet 

You're fine. If the accounts are all progressing separately and are active (actually playing/being active in a mission), this is a very clear sign that they aren't alt accounts being used to circumvent in game restrictions.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, (PS4)mrjcthe1st said:

I have 2 PlayStations and 1 PS pro in my house that me and my 2 sons play on and we trade items all the time and we are all in the same clan. I would like to see them try and ban my accounts. I would ban DE from my wallet 

My brother, 2 roommates and myself all played Warframe on the same connection, we traded, played and were all in the same clan together for about a year with no issues, I'm confident DE can tell the difference between active accounts and spare accounts.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

My brother, 2 roommates and myself all played Warframe on the same connection, we traded, played and were all in the same clan together for about a year with no issues, I'm confident DE can tell the difference between active accounts and spare accounts.

if their all "played" which is spare exactly, to abuse the system such as relics, that still requires playing so its hard to tell.

Edited by Methanoid

Just now, Methanoid said:

if their all "played" which is spare exactly, to abuse the system such as relics that still requires playing so its hard to tell.

But there is a pattern, when and how long certain accounts are active.

If my main account logs in and runs whatever current event, hits the clan and donates resources, then trade chat, and then less than a minute after logging off another account from the same system logs in and does the same thing, it would probably be a red flag.

If 4 accounts are playing simultaneously, with varying lengths, in different parts of the game sometimes, it's less of a red flag because it looks like normal behavior.

Most people who abuse alt accounts aren't going to go to such great lengths to fool the system. 

1 minute ago, MagPrime said:

But there is a pattern, when and how long certain accounts are active.

If my main account logs in and runs whatever current event, hits the clan and donates resources, then trade chat, and then less than a minute after logging off another account from the same system logs in and does the same thing, it would probably be a red flag.

If 4 accounts are playing simultaneously, with varying lengths, in different parts of the game sometimes, it's less of a red flag because it looks like normal behavior.

Most people who abuse alt accounts aren't going to go to such great lengths to fool the system. 

well to be honest they would actually have to be logged in at the same time to abuse the system, if its via a 3rd party thats probably skilfully skirting around the rules.  As advice to other id just say dont risk it either way, just play them all seperate, this is why most of us made alt accounts in the first place because we ran out of stuff to do on our mains and instead of quiting, we decided to play again, but a little differently, this is why MR0 accounts were preferred as trading is only possible at MR2, you basically eliminated the desire to cave in and trade for stuff you wanted, you have to do it the normal way or buy stuff off the market which at least helps pad DE's wallet.

1 minute ago, Methanoid said:

well to be honest they would actually have to be logged in at the same time to abuse the system, if its via a 3rd party thats probably skilfully skirting around the rules.  As advice to other id just say dont risk it either way, just play them all seperate, this is why most of us made alt accounts in the first place because we ran out of stuff to do on our mains and instead of quiting, we decided to play again, but a little differently, this is why MR0 accounts were preferred as trading is only possible at MR2, you basically eliminated the desire to cave in and trade for stuff you wanted, you have to do it the normal way or buy stuff off the market which at least helps pad DE's wallet.

I made my alt account as a hideaway and to try the new player experience. (When it was new lol)

But I get why people make alt accounts, I'm pointing out that it's possible for DE to identify alt accounts from main accounts as well as abusing having an alt account.  I'm not suggesting people try any of this, however.  

Just now, MagPrime said:

I made my alt account as a hideaway and to try the new player experience. (When it was new lol)

But I get why people make alt accounts, I'm pointing out that it's possible for DE to identify alt accounts from main accounts as well as abusing having an alt account.  I'm not suggesting people try any of this, however.  

well old players like me would probably be an anomaly, of my 4 accounts, my original main is MR18 and 1 of my MR0's has MR18's worth of mastery points 🙂 both played just as much as the other, cant tell which is main or alt anymore.  And yeah after steve did his new player twitch playthroughs a while back thats when i started on a 2nd MR0 alt to see all the stuff i missed after some time away, my last alt is MR5 which is the bare minimum needed to get the main questlines done and get excal umbra.