Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which looter shooter in 2019? (WF, Anthem, Division 2, Destiny 2)

--END--Rikutatis

On 2019-02-13 at 1:16 PM, Loza03 said:

I feel like you might just get a biased answer on the Warframe forum...

Oh, I realize that and agree with you. But I'm not too interested about unbiased opinions here, just what the WF community thinks about these new games and which ones they're willing to check out, if any. 

Pick 2.

Pro tip Warframe is always a free option so if you want to divert your wallet somewhere else go for it. 

I do want to try Anthem, but it's way to up in the air.. Personally I think I'm just going to save for year membership on WoW classic, I know exactly what I'm paying for already.

And Warframe will be on/off my main/side babe. 

But that roaster of games for Switch is getting hard to refuse and I feel I need a breath of fresh air. 

Well Anthem is a ton of fun so far.

First major obstacle (and so far the most difficult opponent in the game) was the 30 minutes it took to actually log on to the servers after launch. Good job EA. And yeah I know, it was only 30 minute, and if this had been some small developers first foray into multiplayer games I'd easily have forgiven it. But this is a company that frankly should have both the money and the know-how to run game servers, and that charges you to get to play the game before anyone else, so I don't think being a bit salty about it is unreasonable. 

But once that was fixed, everything's great. I had lots of hickups and framedrops during the demo, but those are all gone and the game runs smoothly. And it's lots of fun so far. Dollar prices for new skins seems to be set around 8 dollars. It's too early to say how long it will take me to grind the coins in game for that same skin.

2 minutes ago, rune_me said:

Well Anthem is a ton of fun so far.

First major obstacle (and so far the most difficult opponent in the game) was the 30 minutes it took to actually log on to the servers after launch. Good job EA. And yeah I know, it was only 30 minute, and if this had been some small developers first foray into multiplayer games I'd easily have forgiven it. But this is a company that frankly should have both the money and the know-how to run game servers, and that charges you to get to play the game before anyone else, so I don't think being a bit salty about it is unreasonable. 

But once that was fixed, everything's great. I had lots of hickups and framedrops during the demo, but those are all gone and the game runs smoothly. And it's lots of fun so far. Dollar prices for new skins seems to be set around 8 dollars. It's too early to say how long it will take me to grind the coins in game for that same skin.

I've had a few additional issues, a minor UI one is that subtitles get stuck on my screen occasionally and refuse to disappear, as well as pop ups appearing for my friend and not me.

E.g. Apparently he got a pop up about a Statue in Tsarsis after garnering enough faction rep. I walked by it twice before seeing it as nothing appeared for me. Same for a store that's "unlocked" (despite being unlocked the whole time) at level 10.

A slightly more major one is that, due to my friend having it installed on an SSD, he loads in a fair bit faster than me. The start dialogue then starts before I've even got into the mission, causing me to miss the first couple of sentences of every single mission, which is... absolutely infuriating tbh. 

I'm enjoying it, but I feel like a lot of it is still relatively unfinished, which is a shame when the official launch is a week away.

Just now, --END--Rikutatis said:

I might pick it up if the story and setting turn out to be pretty good. Destiny 2's lackluster (and sometimes cringe worthy) story and writing is what really turned me off from it initially. 

Story seems pretty good so far, but tbh my opinion doesn't hold much weight, even to me. I don't generally get worked up over story, even if it's a bad story it won't phase me much.

There's plenty of lore to discover, character development is decent imo and largely unforced which is a plus. 

I haven't found myself cringing at anything yet, besides perhaps the shortsightedness of the Devs's attempts to make the game console friendly, and the issues I've listed above.

Cant say anything about division or anthem , I been playing warframe for years and just recently I got destiny 2 complite collection .

I wish I could get refund for D2 , finished entire game in just 5 days and rest ( pvp and grinding light levels to max ) dont interest me.

Warframe and Destiny. Warframe is my 'main' game (sort of), but the content is already kinda dry for me lately, so spending more time on Destiny 2 than warframe.

Kinda want to play Anthem, but the $60 price tag along with all the issues that the reviewer said kinda put me off though. I'll just wait till bioware fix those issues and drop more content to it. Probably my system are also better when that happen  ;).

I just dont see a reason to shell out 60 bucks on something that comes from EA when I have a F2P game that costs me way less and is already a solid gameplay experience. In addition to that I already have a free copy of Destiny 2 that I havent tried yet.

I also see no reason why The Division 2 is even on the list. Why would I wanna play some Defiance/Fallout/DayZ fusion-wannabe game without any type of monsters, zombies, mutants or aliens. Nor are there any options to handcuff someone and then force feed them with bleach, raw/cooked human bodyparts or a rotten fruit.