Jump to content
(PS4)d_HopeCraft_b

Questions about being a Region Chat Moderator

Recommended Posts

So, as a PS4 player, i noticed that not many Moderators come to EU (Europe) region, so, I was wondering, how are Moderators selected or chosen ? And how many moderators are assigned to EU region and where can i see the list ?

I searched and all i could find was that there was no application you could send and that DE is the one to pick their Moderators, but how do they pick ? Are there specific quality's they search on players ? Is it based on their influence on the community of Region Chat ? Is it based on how long they have played that game or their knowledge of it ? Is it based on the relation between said player and DE ?

If anyone knows anything about this i would love to know, since EU has some cases of "poor behavior" and not having a Moderator to put them in place during what i can say is the time most players are online is quite bothersome, and I would enjoy to know if i could ever even have the chance of taking up the role since I spend a lot of my time on Warframe talking whit everyone in Region Chat and i think i may have the quality's to do so.

Thank you for your time.

Edited by (PS4)d_HopeCraft_b
Misspell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can really do nothing but continue contributing to the community and hope DE takes notice and approaches you directly at some point. It would be nice if there was an application.

Your in-game hours and knowledge of the game mean little as far as I know, since I have seen moderators with 600 hours. You don't really need a deep understanding of Warframe to be a Moderator. I feel that quality should be required for Guides of the Lotus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, (PS4)d_HopeCraft_b said:

So, as a PS4 player, i noticed that not many Moderators come to EU (Europe) region, so, I was wondering, how are Moderators selected or chosen ? And how many moderators are assigned to EU region and where can i see the list ?

I searched and all i could find was that there was no application you could send and that DE is the one to pick their Moderators, but how do they pick ? Are there specific quality's they search on players ? Is it based on their influence on the community of Region Chat ? Is it based on how long they have played that game or their knowledge of it ? Is it based on the relation between said player and DE ?

If anyone knows anything about this i would love to know, since EU has some cases of "poor behavior" and not having a Moderator to put them in place during what i can say is the time most players are online is quite bothersome, and I would enjoy to know if i could ever even have the chance of taking up the role since I spend a lot of my time on Warframe talking whit everyone in Region Chat and i think i may have the quality's to do so.

Thank you for your time.

I should probably be on the North America servers and it's a complete mess a lot of the time. Lots of trolls trolling, happily bypassing the Kickbot filters and gleefully tricking newbs into bans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Voltage said:

You can really do nothing but continue contributing to the community and hope DE takes notice and approaches you directly at some point. It would be nice if there was an application.

Your in-game hours and knowledge of the game mean little as far as I know, since I have seen moderators with 600 hours. You don't really need a deep understanding of Warframe to be a Moderator. I feel that quality should be required for Guides of the Lotus.

I see, thank you for responding, yea a application would be nice, i guess its just about luck in the end of the day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, (PS4)d_HopeCraft_b said:

I see, thank you for responding, yea a application would be nice, i guess its just about luck in the end of the day.

Well it's not luck. There is certainly some qualification and process, it's just not open to players. I would love to earn the opportunity to volunteer for moderation, but I know it's one of those things that you just do your best at and hope you are in the right direction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...