Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Feedback and Thoughts on Hildryn

DustyFlash

To start: yes I know she is not released, thank you for informing me.

Passive: "Shield Matrix"

Energy pickups instantly start shield recharge. Dashing gives some DR (or invulnerability) (altho rolling already gives DR, and so does parkour). And you have some Borderlands 2 Shield Gating, which can obviously be pretty abused (As long as you have 1 shield you won't take damage to health when you should be killed by the damage. ex: 1shield 400health, enemy does 450, you live with 400 hp left). You also don't use energy, and instead use shields.

The Passive alone is 4+ passives in one, which is a bit crazy (rip chroma). So far its a decently good frame despite being easily abused for its shield gating.

Now the Abilities:

Balefire:

A very slow charged pistol when unmoded that launches rockets, similar to ogris. If moded it will probably be on par with a Bows Charge Rate which is acceptable. We don't currently know the damage potential or stats of the weapon, but its sort of useless when you can use something else than a pocket bow, in the devstream it was used against level 200 which couldn't show off what it could do, otherwise its better to stick to a normal weapon. I would double the charge rate personally, and hopefully increase the AoE a tiny amount (if it has any)

Shield Pillage:

Its a Molecular Prime like ability that steals shields and armor from enemies, also removes status effects, but thats only useful 66.6% of the time. Infested have no shields, they can ocassionaly be buffed to have armor but thats very small, we also don't know what the % of armor/shields stolen are. I would personally make it so it always restores shields based on how many enemies it interacted with. Additonally, I hope that the ability does not require FoV to work, otherwise that would be a direct nerf to its purpose.

Haven:

An AoE aura like ability that buffs ally shields and damages enemies. The damage seemed lacking (tho they were level 200), and the shield buff on allies is kinda useless as they do not posses any Shield Gating to benefit from the bonus shields. I would make it so allies can benefit from the shield gating passive once every 10 seconds(or more) (cooldown starts when they lose all shields, whether its from 5 million damage or 10 damage)

Aegis Storm:

Strong CC and AoE damage ability. I have only two issues with the ability itself:

1. Your movement is extremely restricted (as you will move very slowly, allowing distant enemies to easily take you out)

2. The Field of View is obnoxious to play with. (The frame covers 50% of the screen durring the devstream)

3. Many of the older tilesets punish her (and some other frames) for flying into areas that she "is not supposed to be in" despite the respective area not being a huge issue perhaps.

These are my current thoughts on the frame as a summary:

She can be very powerful, however some of her abilities don't quite hit the spot or need a bit of tuning.