Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is the best kitgun in your opinion

Kegaryu

Question

18 answers to this question

I spent about 80 Forma and 10 Catalyst on Kitguns. They're all good.

The parts depend somewhat on preference but each gun type has limitations that sway it in one direction.

Rattleguts probably has the most variation. It's between Gibber and Lovetap for grips, I've tried all of them. Gibber handles the best and deals with armor quickest. Also doesn't have an annoying Impact proc. Lovetap has high recoil but is a lot more ammo economic and more raw damage for un-armored.

Tombfinger can vary a little. Splat and Bashrack are generally the extent though because the pistol can double proc status making it require less to both deal with armor and have raw DPS. I never saw reason to use anything but Haymaker on it.

Gaze like Rattleguts can vary a good amount. Range being the first and preference. Splat will give the highest DPS secondary beam weapon in the game though that's not exactly saying much it will perform decent. Bashrack melts armor a bit better obviously and Sparkfire does the same but is more consistent in it's kill speeds. The innate Punch-through is what helps sell Gaze as a weapon. It's single target can be a little underwhelming.

Catchmoon doesn't vary much at all. The best it can do for Status is a Gas build if you wanted. Otherwise it's Haymaker and Splat all the way.

EDIT: Oh I have basic TTK head-shot videos on many of these. They're not full tests though as I was comparing against another player's build who wasn't testing properly. Ideally you want TTK on body-shots, head-shots, armored and unarmored for each weapon.

Edited by Xzorn

Sure, kitg really depend on ur style . I wasn't thinking gaze kitg was going to be good enough . - But when i lvl it, i did like it alot n i put 5 forma in it with a riven. Really good n i use it everyday now especially with slova . So u Should try all kitg for sure n pick what u did like n put the right parts in it for u style .

10 minutes ago, Kegaryu said:

Hi. I really want to craft some kitguns, but I don't know which parts are better for them. Can I please get some opinions about that?:)

This is where your playstyle will probably determine what you'll build, at least initially. 

You can build everything, but obviously that is rather time consuming and uses a lot of resources. 

I like automatics. My present favorites are Rattleguts variants, particularly heavy on crit. I also rather like a slow, crit-oriented Tombfinger for supplementing autofire primaries, when you might want a secondary that isn't so ammo hungry. I've been meaning to build an armor stripping RoF/status oriented Rattleguts, but simply haven't gotten around to it. 

I haven't built the other two since I don't favor beam weapons and I haven't felt compelled by the weirdo handcannon/plasma projector that is Catchmoon. That might change, but for now I'm content with the other two and rather favor Rattleguts in most situations. 

1 минуту назад, Sloan441 сказал:

This is where your playstyle will probably determine what you'll build, at least initially. 

You can build everything, but obviously that is rather time consuming and uses a lot of resources. 

I like automatics. My present favorites are Rattleguts variants, particularly heavy on crit. I also rather like a slow, crit-oriented Tombfinger for supplementing autofire primaries, when you might want a secondary that isn't so ammo hungry. I've been meaning to build an armor stripping RoF/status oriented Rattleguts, but simply haven't gotten around to it. 

I haven't built the other two since I don't favor beam weapons and I haven't felt compelled by the weirdo handcannon/plasma projector that is Catchmoon. That might change, but for now I'm content with the other two and rather favor Rattleguts in most situations. 

Thanks, apreciate it

9 минут назад, (PS4)salem9080 сказал:

Good Parts haymaker , splikiller or something like that name i dont remember . U shouldn't have promblem picking what part just look at It's stat n pick the best together 🙂

Thanks

13 минут назад, (PS4)salem9080 сказал:

Popular kitg now are catchmoon n rattlegut. But as i say, it depend on ur opinion n not ppl opinion 🙂

And if I have a riven for rattle, what stats are better for it? 🙂

4 minutes ago, Kegaryu said:

It depend on what part u pick with it. Some part add status some part add cc. n So But u should build it for status n riven for cc cd or close to it :) . Damage n multishot is good to. Will increase ur dmg n status

Edited by (PS4)salem9080

3 minutes ago, Kegaryu said:

This is a tricky question to answer because it all comes down to the Grip/Loader combination you're using.  Any Kitgun Riven can be good with the right set of parts.  With this in mind, the only two positives I can consistently name are damage and multishot.  After that, a third positive and any negatives come down to your personal preference and part choice.

As an example, I have a Rattleguts Riven that adds Multishot, Fire Rate, Status Duration, but it also adds more recoil.  A more Status-oriented loader with either Lovetap or Haymaker, allowing the added fire rate to make up for their inherently slow fire rate, would be the best suited Rattle for the job, as the recoil is relatively easy to compensate for.

2 минуты назад, Xzorn сказал:

I spent about 80 Forma and 10 Catalyst on Kitguns. They're all good.

The parts depend somewhat on preference but each gun type has limitations that sway it in one direction.

Rattleguts probably has the most variation. It's between Gibber and Lovetap for grips, I've tried all of them. Gibber handles the best and deals with armor quickest. Also doesn't have an annoying Impact proc. Lovetap has high recoil but is a lot more ammo economic and more raw damage for un-armored.

Tombfinger can vary a little. Splat and Bashrack are generally the extent though because the pistol can double proc status making it require less to both deal with armor and have raw DPS. I never saw reason to use anything but Haymaker on it.

Gaze like Rattleguts can vary a good amount. Range being the first and preference. Splat will give the highest DPS secondary beam weapon in the game though that's not exactly saying much it will perform decent. Bashrack melts armor a bit better obviously and Sparkfire does the same but is more consistent in it's kill speeds. The innate Punch-through is what helps sell Gaze as a weapon. It's single target can be a little underwhelming.

Catchmoon doesn't vary much at all. The best it can do for Status is a Gas build if you wanted. Otherwise it's Haymaker and Splat all the way.

Thank you, that's very helpful:)

6 минут назад, Sintag сказал:

This is a tricky question to answer because it all comes down to the Grip/Loader combination you're using.  Any Kitgun Riven can be good with the right set of parts.  With this in mind, the only two positives I can consistently name are damage and multishot.  After that, a third positive and any negatives come down to your personal preference and part choice.

As an example, I have a Rattleguts Riven that adds Multishot, Fire Rate, Status Duration, but it also adds more recoil.  A more Status-oriented loader with either Lovetap or Haymaker, allowing the added fire rate to make up for their inherently slow fire rate, would be the best suited Rattle for the job, as the recoil is relatively easy to compensate for.

Thank you!

9 минут назад, (PS4)salem9080 сказал:

4 minutes ago, Kegaryu said:

It depend on what part u pick with it. Some part add status some part add cc. n So But u should build it for status n riven for cc cd or close to it 🙂  

I see, thanks a lot!

My suggestion would be to roll your riven and see what the riven pushes you more towards.  It kind of works in reverse compared to normal weapons since you can customize the kitgun to what you want it to be.  If you get a killer crit riven, build towards crit.  If you get a good status riven, pick parts that lean it that direction.  You could also just build a kitgun that sits in the middle (i think you can get 25% crit 25% status gilded) if you want a hybrid. I'm a crit guy, so I use haymaker and splat on everything but rattleguts, where I went with the lovetap.

In terms of one being better than another, they all kill really well, so it would depend on your weapon preference really.