Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unique Rolls for each Warframe.

Keyhound

One of the aspects I think Warframe kinda drops the ball is how many of the "passives" dont feel like they add that much to a frame, but there's another thing that should also feel diferent when playing each one, the rolls. right now, only a few frames possess a unique effect to their rolls, like limbo's "rift dash", for that reason, I compiled a list with some examples i belive would add that extra flavor for each warframe, that is unfortunatelly lacking.

Atlas       - Stone Rush: Atlas will rush foward and petrify any enemy he comes in contact with.
Baruuk    - Disarming Dash: Baruuk will disarm any enemies he comes in contact with while rolling.
Chroma   - Chameleon Change: Swap Chroma's color effect,(to me, chroma is a missed opportunity, while his idea is good, i belive he should have a way of swapping his "color" in a mission, to do that, and still give control for players, i think it would be nice if we could have a unique option on his customization, allowing us to select 4 colors in his "rotation", that way, a player could leave all 4 the same, if he wants a single effect or customize as s/he sees fit and use the roll to swap to the next one).
Ember     - Phoenix Dive: Ember turns into a fire bird that procs burnning to enemies around her(as well as herself) dealing minimal damage, this would make her passive MUCH better, as players could stay on fire for as long as they want.
Excalibur - Iaido Slide: basically, enemies that are close enough to Excalibur would be affected by a slash proc.
Frost       - Flash Freeze: freeze enemies he comes in contact with while rolling.
Gara       - Glass Door:  Gara leaves behind a single "wall" of glass.
Hydroid   - Corrosive Wave: Hydroid turns into a wave(similar to his 1, but MUCH smaller and shorter), any enemy caught will lose their armor for a few seconds.
Inaros     - Sand Wave: Inaros turns into a sand wave that blinds enemies he pass through, opening them for finishers.
Ivara       - Hunter's Trap: Ivara leaves behind a small trap that will lock any enemy that steps into it in place, making them unable to move for a few seconds,
Loki        - Disapearing Act: Loki turns invisible for a second, while leaving behind a clone, forcing enemies to lose agro on him.
Nidus      - Devouring Frenzy: Nidus will damage any enemy he touches during his "roll", and heal an amount relative to the damage he caused.
Revenant- Corrupting Fog: Basically a shorter version of his 3, but with a much smaller area.
Saryn      - Virulent Touch: Enemies that come into contact with saryn are infected by her spores.
Volt          - Arc Jump: Volt turns into a bolt of lightning that discharges electric arcs on enemies close enough when he rolls, proccing eletricity on any enemy caught.
Wukong  - Divine Myst: Wukong Turns into a myst, that heals allies and put enemies to sleep.

Those are a few examples, some of them would be small changes, but enough to make rolls work as another skill. Some, like hydroid's, could be tweaked to turn his gameplay around a more active debuffing style, while others like ember's, would give them some reactive CC and even boost their damage potential.

1 hour ago, Keyhound said:

One of the aspects I think Warframe kinda drops the ball is how many of the "passives" dont feel like they add that much to a frame, but there's another thing that should also feel diferent when playing each one, the rolls. right now, only a few frames possess a unique effect to their rolls, like limbo's "rift dash", for that reason, I compiled a list with some examples i belive would add that extra flavor for each warframe, that is unfortunatelly lacking.

What other frames have unique rolls besides Limbo? 

Limbo only gained the rift dash upon his rework since the changes removed his original 2nd ability Rift Walk, the ability that let him enter the rift. Not sure how that justifies adding spammable pseudo-abilities for every frame.

Edited by OmegaZero633

4 hours ago, Keyhound said:

Chroma   - Chameleon Change: Swap Chroma's color effect,(to me, chroma is a missed opportunity, while his idea is good, i belive he should have a way of swapping his "color" in a mission, to do that, and still give control for players, i think it would be nice if we could have a unique option on his customization, allowing us to select 4 colors in his "rotation", that way, a player could leave all 4 the same, if he wants a single effect or customize as s/he sees fit and use the roll to swap to the next one).

This has a significant effect on Chroma's kit and has no place being part of a survival skill. Limbo works because he is dodging in and out of a space where he is essentially invulnerable to anything in the opposite plane.

The rest are variations on free access to the frame's signature abilities, abilities that are balanced around costing energy.

4 hours ago, Keyhound said:

many of the "passives" dont feel like they add that much to a frame

Unless specifically designed with the passive in mind, they aren't supposed to.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Unless specifically designed with the passive in mind, they aren't supposed to.

I will highlight the reply of this particular wise one. Passives are not supposed to be anything except Flavour Text for the frames, unless the frame is specifically built with its passive being an exception to that rule.

One thing that all frames have, even without unique animations for them, is 75% damage reduction during a roll or evasive move. This is already incredibly powerful and you should be using it more.

Without removing that function, no frame is going to get any passive function on their roll, and one thing that absolutely NO frame has in their passive is something that actually hurts the enemy. Damage is not free. You have to cause it directly with abilities or weapons. Passives can trigger from damage instances, like Ash and Saryn having extensions on Status procs. Passives can cause a CC effect, such as knock-down when the frame is knocked down, or freezing enemies when they cause damage to you. But just being able to roll around and inflict Slash? Nope. Being able to just Roll and proc Fire while triggering a function that lets you gain back 10 Energy Per Second while gaining 35% power Strength? Nope. Literal free casts of Spores or Petrify or Invisibility or Freeze? Nope.

When will people in this Forum stop trying to get powerful game mechanics without any kind of balance? I mean... seriously.