Sign in to follow this  
(XB1)poodlebingo 65

Chasing Tail

I think that the title describes the current situation with this game.

Despite me posting negative comments about this game (as if that's of any significance!) I feel for DE. They were the ones who, against all odds, developed this amazing game. David and Goliath, against the power brokers, not given a chance, written off, and more importantly not backed financially. The Founders put their faith in this game and supported DE. Big Commitment. DE responded by listening and developing an immersive and exciting game. Most of us (?) are in admiration of their will to survive and produce a game that could not only survive but expand. I think that this expansion will be either their making or undoing (state the obvious). I can telling you bugger all about the ins and outs of keeping a game like this alive. I don't understand what's involved and really, apart from spending large amounts of £, all I want is to do is enjoy and look forward to playing this game. I'm losing this enthusiasm as the need to grind increases and the grindwalls become larger. Don't tell me that farming and grinding are what this game is. I've done this for long enough without the process becoming soulless, unenjoyable and, unfortunately now, a necessary part of DE's business model.

What's the point of this rant? (It's not meant as a rant)  Nothing really, but I hope that these comments don't become a eulogy. Some of the posters on this forum are so switched on and free thinking perhaps they can nudge DE, if they're listening?  

1 hour ago, (XB1)poodlebingo 65 said:

Don't tell me that farming and grinding are what this game is

I hate to break it to you. But it is. It's a free to play loiter/shooter. Nothing is going to change that. I'd you feel you are burning out just take a break from what you are currently trying to farm for. Little steps at a time. I'm only rank 3 with Little Duck. I'm not trying to rush it.

• Upvote 1

Sorry. Not trying to rush it . Maybe too many hours in game. 4000hrs plus.

I'm beyond what you're saying. I'm also fed up with this and need a change. I think that you're new to this and there's lots to do . Good luck with that.

And here I thought you were going to ask why Kubrows don't chase their tail in the landing craft. Something that never came to mind until now...

...i really need it now.

As for your comment on the grind, yes it takes longer than it used to, but how enjoyable it is hasn't really changed. What did happen is that we have been doing it for YEARS, by all means we've grown tired of it.

Edited by TheRealShade