Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno battle royale??

(PSN)ITS_TH3GOD

With battle royale taking the gaming industry by storm, what you all think if warframe was to get in on it? But with a twist, instead of it being the warframes, it'd be the tennos. They'd have all the current mechanics but with the addition of body armor(since tennos dont have "armors or shields"). The reason why i suggested that it be the tennos instead of the frames is cause it seems that a lot of people are turned off by warframes pvp ways of movements(me included) i mean yall remember how it turned out for COD when they did that..so with the tennos, it'd be feet "mostly" on the ground and hunting for weps and gears..rewards would be banners, emotes, logos,color schemes, capes(all of which would be ranked by tiers, highest rare tier would have animated designs).

1 minute ago, (PS4)ITS_TH3GOD said:

what you all think if warframe was to get in on it?

Let me look at the two hundred threads where someone had the same idea as you  (except they had it before you, obviously)...

Let's see...

Oh yes. The consensus is "please stop with this terrible idea".

1 minute ago, Kaotyke said:

In genuine curiosity: Is this considered spam at this point?

My genuine feeling is: yes. This sort of threads by now has reached the infamy of "hey what about an auction house".

But I am amazed by how every single thread is written like OP has had a novel idea that no one else has ever had, and they just have to write it down for the world to see.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Dhrekr said:

Let me look at the two hundred threads where someone had the same idea as you  (except they had it before you, obviously)...

Let's see...

Oh yes. The consensus is "please stop with this terrible idea".

My genuine feeling is: yes. This sort of threads by now has reached the infamy of "hey what about an auction house".

But I am amazed by how every single thread is written like OP has had a novel idea that no one else has ever had, and they just have to write it down for the world to see.

Aww dang...i thought i was the only with the tenno instead of frame idea 😞

1 minute ago, (PS4)ITS_TH3GOD said:

Why not? It'd be a win win situation if you ask me...more people would play PvP which would more or less benefit the devs since some people could get really into that idea.

we didn't ask you. and we already have PvP, just take a look at it and you'll know this is a no go.

• Like 1

Just now, (PS4)ITS_TH3GOD said:

Why not? It'd be a win win situation if you ask me...more people would play PvP which would more or less benefit the devs since some people could get really into that idea.

People who play Warframe don't want to play PvP.
We want to play PvE. DE's numbers are showing this pretty clearly.
So no, that's not a win for the players. And DE will just put time into a game-mode that nobody will play. No win for DE, because the wasted their time.
The word you were looking for is a lose-lose-situation.

Btw. would DE host servers for this new mode? They don't host servers for any other mode.
Or would there be a host for this PvP-mode? Just imagine PvP with 200 ms ping. The only one who has a working game is the host.
I wonder who would win such a match.

• Like 1

Just now, (PS4)ITS_TH3GOD said:

Aww dang...i thought i was the only with the tenno instead of frame idea 😞

It's not what most people write, but I can swear I read at least two of them.

Also, by saying "battle royale but with Tenno" you attract the wrath of both the people who hate battle royale, and the people who don't enjoy using the Tenno. You're kind of antagonizing two chunks of the playerbase instead of one.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hypodermique said:

we didn't ask you. and we already have PvP, just take a look at it and you'll know this is a no go.

You dont have to ask someone for an idea for them to put it out there, if that was the case we wouldn't have evolved as a race.. I did look AND played all of em, if the PVP in the game was even close to being good then more people would've played it..heck even the devs dont care about it..thats how bad of a state it is.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, (PS4)ITS_TH3GOD said:

Or it would be a lose/lose as the devs spend time developing a game mode most people seem to be vehemently against, therefore taking time away from other things. I doubt they'd hire more/new devs just to work on pvp, and while they can absolutely spend their time on what they want, I'm sure most people would rather, they did not.

4 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:

It's not what most people write, but I can swear I read at least two of them.

Also, by saying "battle royale but with Tenno" you attract the wrath of both the people who hate battle royale, and the people who don't enjoy using the Tenno. You're kind of antagonizing two chunks of the playerbase instead of one.

Well the reason why i thought of the tennos is cause i thought it'd be cool to actually have the tennos holding guns,swords, etc etc like actual soldiers which imo would've satisfied both the people that dont like it(cause its too weak and feels weird to use and how cheesy they're to die) and the people that dont like pvp most cause of all the warframes dotting around.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, (PS4)ITS_TH3GOD said:

What you mean?

why would they introduce a PVP, BR gametype knowing ittl be just as popular and populated as all the other PVP in warframe.  Warframe has always been mostly a team based co-op horde shooter, even with its pvp bolt-in's that were added to stop people whining about no pvp, it remains team co-op at heart.

Add a BR mode has been the meme/april fools joke for many companys for obvious reasons (because sheep are always sheep) the only singular exception i can think of is Totally Accurate Battlegrounds (which was born exactly out of an april fools).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (NSW)flightlessfox said:

Or it would be a lose/lose as the devs spend time developing a game mode most people seem to be vehemently against, therefore taking time away from other things. I doubt they'd hire more/new devs just to work on pvp, and while they can absolutely spend their time on what they want, I'm sure most people would rather, they did not.

While i do agree with your point but I'll also that having diversity is a good marketing mechanic for any games, meaning people that usually play pve only could pop every now and then in pvp to play it with going to fortnite, pubg, COD, or even apex(it came out for free and is already quite popular, which is what im saying).

• Like 1

But has been proven time and time again that Warframe players DO NOT play Warframe for PVP. The Conclave is a ghost town, most people go to get the cosmetics, and then never touch it again. Warframe is not a game well adapted for PVP imo, and I doubt making it a notoriously already uneven game mode if not done correctly, would entice people to PVP. There are other games for that. One game does not need to do everything. 

Just now, (NSW)flightlessfox said:

But has been proven time and time again that Warframe players DO NOT play Warframe for PVP. The Conclave is a ghost town, most people go to get the cosmetics, and then never touch it again. Warframe is not a game well adapted for PVP imo, and I doubt making it a notoriously already uneven game mode if not done correctly, would entice people to PVP. There are other games for that. One game does not need to do everything. 

they might have played PVP more if it wasnt for the glaring imbalance between frames in PVP, in PVE its no issue, but for PVP its a bit of a joke for many frames, it would only have ever worked had there been a Generic Warframe only used for PVP to get round that issue.

1 minute ago, Methanoid said:

they might have played PVP more if it wasnt for the glaring imbalance between frames in PVP, in PVE its no issue, but for PVP its a bit of a joke for many frames, it would only have ever worked had there been a Generic Warframe only used for PVP to get round that issue.

Or pre-set, pre-balanced loadouts. Maybe based on enemies? That could be fun.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Methanoid said:

why would they introduce a PVP, BR gametype knowing ittl be just as popular and populated as all the other PVP in warframe.  Warframe has always been mostly a team based co-op horde shooter, even with its pvp bolt-in's that were added to stop people whining about no pvp, it remains team co-op at heart.

Add a BR mode has been the meme/april fools joke for many companys for obvious reasons (because sheep are always sheep) the only singular exception i can think of is Totally Accurate Battlegrounds (which was born exactly out of an april fools).

I believe the pvp mode in warframe isnt popular due to the movement modr being brought into it, as i stated before we all remember what happened to COD when they did that, how their game sales went drastically down cause people were turned off by it, i believe its the same case for warframe and thats why i offered the tenno idea which would be boots on the ground. Perfect example is APEX which came out just couple weeks ago and its already very popular cause its different, it has not only the battle royale feel but also gave the players abilities which none of the other BR has.warframe/tennos already have it in their core so it'd be easy.

Oh boy another one of THOSE posts. *sigh* Now many times to we have to tell you guys "No" we won't have an auction house and "No" we won't have Battle royal!

This battle royale thing is an ongoing meme at DE's studio at this point! Want proof? At the latest Dev Stream 123 Steeve openly joked with other game companies' policies about season passes, limited edition stuff, pre-orders and the battle royale BS

The problem with the "jump on the bandwagon" idea is that the wagon already left.  Apex doing well is kind of a surprise, but it did launch as Free To Play and it does offer a different take than the two existing leaders.  (I guess sort of how Smite managed to do okay by *not* doing MOBA exactly like LoL and Dota.)  But it does mean that the millions of people who are dying to play Battle Royale already have *three* major choices, and a horde of clones and wannabes.  Even if PVP wasn't basically ignored by the Warframe playerbase (which it is) there's not much change of some mythical "PVP audience" switching to Warframe for the battle royale mode.  Using Tenno would actually work against making it easy to drop in and try - you have to unlock most of the map and quite a few story missions to get access to the Tenno.

Plus there's the issues that would be brought up giving them actual weapons.  We don't know whether or not they age, but Tenno *look* about fourteen.  The last thing Warframe needs in terms of PR is some of the "agenda driven" gaming sites posting pictures of Tenno holding recognizable weapons and going off about Warframe's new "child soldier Battle Royale, where armies of teenage avatars are encouraged to slaughter each other."  😕

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, (PS4)ITS_TH3GOD said:

What you mean?

You have no idea how many times this has been asked.

And it would not work with P2P connection, for a BR Mode, DE would NEED Dedicated Servers those are not cheap, to the point the only ones that can do this thing and not bankrupt  from the top of my head are: EA, Activision-Blizzard, EPIC games and the PUBG's developer.