Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

can you get "married" in-game?

irisillych

Anyway, OP, I wish you a better outcome in real life regarding the current situation regardless of what I said earlier. Perhaps there may come a day where you can wear the white dress for real down the aisle, as you would deserve. Life is indeed an unfortunate series of events at times, I acknowledge that. 

It would be regrettable if dreams were limited to a poor in game substitute for what should be. Anyway, I wish you the best from this point onwards.

8 hours ago, irisillych said:

This is a weird question, but my fiance and I have been together for 10 years (11 in May!), and we both play together. He's been around since Hydroid deployed, and I gave in last year and it's been a short 1000 hours.

However, we can't get married IRL due to weird insurance stuff surrounding my health (not life threatening, just expensive) and his ability to support me. To try and summarize what our lawyer said: if we did get married I would have to go on his insurance, and that wouldn't cover my needs.

So, for the time being, we can't be physically married. We can be engaged, bf and gf, I can call him my dad for lols, but no marriage. We can't have any sort of public ceremony to celebrate being together. We're just...together. 

I can't really put into good words how much it kind of sucks the fun out of me sometimes. Like, yeah it's just a certificate that says we're officially Mr and Mrs, and we're both pooling our toy collections together, but it means something. He's the sweetest guy in the world, he makes me laugh every day, and he's so understanding. He sits down with me and helps me out with trivial things and doesn't make me feel small for needing help. He's enthusiastic about helping...everyone! Anyone! I could gush forever about him because he just makes me so happy! He even laughs at my bad jokes, my worst puns and dad jokes!! and he makes really good mac and cheese. 👌👌👌

And it sucks that we can't have a piece of paper that says "haha you like each other" because of insurance.

So while the real world is just going to be how it is, how can two tenno like us get hitched in-game?

As others have been saying with the talk with DE and possibly decorating a dojo. You could also look at using a relay, as a public part of the wedding that way most of strain would be on the server and not an individual host. But none the less, I hope you keep us up to date, video game weddings are the best. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ricardo58 said:

You can ask DE Rebb and Megan to marry you, they've done it before.

Off topic, but do you not feel the weirdness of the phrasing here?

Are you sure you can ask for Rebb's hand in marriage? I know some people who would die for that opportunity. 

I just came here to wish good luck you and your partner and hopefully you can someday finalize that status. For in game ceremony I could suggest a large garden with some nice decorations like trees or a gate. The other what I can imagine is a nice " heaven " marriage which is simply some obstacles or dojo panel decorations what you build up to the top. 

I don't know your timezone so I can't promise any partake in this event but if you ask for a priest then I can suggest some forum search because pretty sure there are few priests who plays the game. 

@Padre_Akais is a perfect fit since the padre mean father. Despite I don't know him but his name at least cool.

Cheers and good luck!

• Like 5

@irisillych , 

First off... Congratulations!

Real love is the hardest thing to find and it sounds like you have.  I wish circumstances favored your situation more though.

I would definitely suggest trying for the Nuptia if you can just to take your day of days as over the top as possible but, absent that, if you should need someone to preside...I am happy to do so...and promise to keep my commentary short 🤣

Edited by Padre_Akais
  • Like 4

59 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

@irisillych , 

First off... Congratulations!

Real love is the hardest thing to find and it sounds like you have.  I wish circumstances favored your situation more though.

I would definitely suggest trying for the Nuptia if you can just to take your day of days as over the top as possible but, absent that, if you should need someone to preside...I am happy to do so...and promise to keep my commentary short 🤣

Thanks!! You can ramble lmao, any kind of presiding person would be appreciated since if we tried to do this we'd just turn into giggling and or crying.

4 hours ago, Padre_Akais said:

over the top

That's where I am going to struggle mightily because my brain immediately kicked into overdrive thinking of ways a day like this could be made super special and memorable.

The overall scope is gonna have to be the couple's choice, of course. but i know everybody loves a big celebration around here

• Like 2

3 hours ago, notlamprey said:

That's where I am going to struggle mightily because my brain immediately kicked into overdrive thinking of ways a day like this could be made super special and memorable.

The overall scope is gonna have to be the couple's choice, of course. but i know everybody loves a big celebration around here

like honestly i'd love the primetime marriage because heck who wouldn't but it's more about "i don't know what i'm doing i just want to have a good time telling everyone how much i love my fiance because he's a great person"

3 hours ago, (XB1)UpgradeAcorn989 said:

well this entire thread is the best thing I've ever seen in my entire life, I love the idea of getting married in game, and I hope your problems straighten themselves out in time

stop ya'll are making me doki doki