Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestions to make the Arch guns feel like the 'BIG GUN"

Shaburanigud

While I'm waiting for the archgun rivens I don't think just boosting archguns would make them that viable. Let alone FEEL like the BIG GUNS from the sky.

I hope they give better mods and characteristics to the archguns soon cause as of now outside of profit-taker, its still a lackluster compared to my primary/secondary.
Or just remove the stupid cooldown and instead change the limit to mobility(as in no parkour and double jump). Then we can put it aside with the other weapons once we start giving them proper mods. IMO the each archgun should each be given a characteristic augment mod with +dmg to give more characteristic and a boost factor to become viable.

I propose...

Imperator(Vandal):

Spoiler

As the most basic heavy weapon, I think it'd be nice if we emphasize on the 'Heavy' weapon part. By pressing alt fire you lose all of your mobility. Instead you gain +100% more dmg/crit chance/status chance/fire rate. You can return to normal by pressing the alt fire again which every time it's pushed will trigger a reload. Our first heavy weapon

Corvas:

Spoiler

The charging shotgun which is quite useless. I suggest that every time its fully charged, the Corvas creates a small shield on where it is pointing (As big as Volt's 3) which reduces all incoming projectile/hitscan weapons by 90%. For every dmg it has blocked during the game, the corvas gains additional multishot and additional fire rate through out the game. Notice that the dmg/fire-rate will not reset even if you do unarm it. This way the Corvas becomes a grower as long as the fight grows and you don't fall out of ammo. Cap should be at something like 150% multishot/fire-rate.

Cyngas:

Spoiler

As the status monster, for every status effect applied to the enemy, it will earn +20% dmg. Everytime a status procs, the enemy will proc a gas proc that also applies all the victim's other status effects to nearby enemies as well(5~10m). Gas pellets to weaken and melt the enemies.

Phaedra:

Spoiler

Since its a lot similar to the Imperator, I think it should be different to the Imperator. I'd think It'd be nice if we add an overheat mechanic. Based on how long it shoots, each bullet will earn additional heat dmg based on current fire rate. If spool hits max, heat dmg bonus also hits max(+150% heat dmg). Reset every time it has to spool again.

Velocitus:

Spoiler

As the sniper and probably the most hardest to use, I think we should compensate that. Once fully charged the Velocitus shot will gain +50% dmg and infinite punch through against all enemies and terrain punch through of 20m. The velocitus will also fire a small shockwave that stuns all nearby enemies both nearby the shooter and the target. Giving it a bit more CC for survivability purposes. The ultimate railgun.

Grattler:

Spoiler

The Grattler is in a wierd spot that its innate punchthrough messes up its dmg. This mod should be applied after that is fixed. WIth that out of the way, the mod is simple, +5m punchthrough and explosive splash dmg will occur everytime it gets into contact with something(enemy, terrain, ally, object etc. etc.). This makes the weapon much more dangerous and deadly at the same time.

Dual Decurion:

Spoiler

As the only weapon thats an Akimbo, I'd like to emphasize its comparatively light weight characteristic. For that, all the mobility restrictions do not apply to this weapon. Evrytime you crit, you gain 40%/80%/120% crit-chance/crit-dmg and reduced reload time(-30%/-60%/-90%) and extra fire-rate(20%/40%/60%) for 20 seconds. The berserker of Archguns. Buff is lost if you swap weapons. 

Fluctus:

Spoiler

The powerhouse of the archguns, Simply put, don't need a lot much from what it already has. So I suggest usability. The mods adds an alt-fire which switches the base weapon trigger from semi-fire to automatic fire with additional fire rate, projectile speed and range. If you push the alt-fire again, you will turn to a charge-shot. The Charged shot will fire a single projectile that gets larger as it goes, all enemies hit by this will proc an electric proc stunning enemies in the process.

These are just my ideas but I would like to hear more to make the 'Big guns' feel actually like big guns. 

Edited by Shaburanigud
Changed format so it isn't a wall of text.
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Shaburanigud said:

By pressing alt fire you lose all of your mobility.

If your suggestion involves taking key elements of the game out of it, it will not work.

14 hours ago, Shaburanigud said:

each archgun should each be given a characteristic augment mod with +dmg to give more characteristic and a boost factor to become viable

Why would this be a mod?

9 hours ago, peterc3 said:

If your suggestion involves taking key elements of the game out of it, it will not work.

I guess I wanted to emphasize on a type of siege mode. As if you go into full auto shred.
But then again, I guess it could just be changed to "When stationary, your dmg/firerate/crit ramps up to 100% more. lose bonus if you move".
Anyway wanted to emphasize on a temporary siege / Full shred minigun mode.

9 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Why would this be a mod?

I thought giving it as an option would be better because some may prefer to put it a riven in there instead. But, If it becomes a basic mechanic that would be great.
Don't know if DE would allow that though. Not to mention alot of the stuff I said above was meant mostly for Atmosphere mode than in Archwing mode.

On 2019-02-12 at 2:06 PM, peterc3 said:

Barring augments, doesn't Mesa's 4th ability already do this where you lose all mobility?  Same for Banshee.

Having an archgun do that would make sense for a "heavy weapon".

• Like 1

On 2019-02-12 at 3:55 PM, Shaburanigud said:

While I'm waiting for the archgun rivens I don't think just boosting archguns would make them that viable. Let alone FEEL like the BIG GUNS from the sky.

I hope they give better mods and characteristics to the archguns soon cause as of now outside of profit-taker, its still a lackluster compared to my primary/secondary.
Or just remove the stupid cooldown and instead change the limit to mobility(as in no parkour and double jump). Then we can put it aside with the other weapons once we start giving them proper mods. IMO the each archgun should each be given a characteristic augment mod with +dmg to give more characteristic and a boost factor to become viable.

I propose...

Imperator(Vandal):

Reveal hidden contents

As the most basic heavy weapon, I think it'd be nice if we emphasize on the 'Heavy' weapon part. By pressing alt fire you lose all of your mobility. Instead you gain +100% more dmg/crit chance/status chance/fire rate. You can return to normal by pressing the alt fire again which every time it's pushed will trigger a reload. Our first heavy weapon

Corvas:

Reveal hidden contents

The charging shotgun which is quite useless. I suggest that every time its fully charged, the Corvas creates a small shield on where it is pointing (As big as Volt's 3) which reduces all incoming projectile/hitscan weapons by 90%. For every dmg it has blocked during the game, the corvas gains additional multishot and additional fire rate through out the game. Notice that the dmg/fire-rate will not reset even if you do unarm it. This way the Corvas becomes a grower as long as the fight grows and you don't fall out of ammo. Cap should be at something like 150% multishot/fire-rate.

Cyngas:

Reveal hidden contents

As the status monster, for every status effect applied to the enemy, it will earn +20% dmg. Everytime a status procs, the enemy will proc a gas proc that also applies all the victim's other status effects to nearby enemies as well(5~10m). Gas pellets to weaken and melt the enemies.

Phaedra:

Reveal hidden contents

Since its a lot similar to the Imperator, I think it should be different to the Imperator. I'd think It'd be nice if we add an overheat mechanic. Based on how long it shoots, each bullet will earn additional heat dmg based on current fire rate. If spool hits max, heat dmg bonus also hits max(+150% heat dmg). Reset every time it has to spool again.

Velocitus:

Reveal hidden contents

As the sniper and probably the most hardest to use, I think we should compensate that. Once fully charged the Velocitus shot will gain +50% dmg and infinite punch through against all enemies and terrain punch through of 20m. The velocitus will also fire a small shockwave that stuns all nearby enemies both nearby the shooter and the target. Giving it a bit more CC for survivability purposes. The ultimate railgun.

Grattler:

Reveal hidden contents

The Grattler is in a wierd spot that its innate punchthrough messes up its dmg. This mod should be applied after that is fixed. WIth that out of the way, the mod is simple, +5m punchthrough and explosive splash dmg will occur everytime it gets into contact with something(enemy, terrain, ally, object etc. etc.). This makes the weapon much more dangerous and deadly at the same time.

Dual Decurion:

Reveal hidden contents

As the only weapon thats an Akimbo, I'd like to emphasize its comparatively light weight characteristic. For that, all the mobility restrictions do not apply to this weapon. Evrytime you crit, you gain 40%/80%/120% crit-chance/crit-dmg and reduced reload time(-30%/-60%/-90%) and extra fire-rate(20%/40%/60%) for 20 seconds. The berserker of Archguns. Buff is lost if you swap weapons. 

Fluctus:

Reveal hidden contents

The powerhouse of the archguns, Simply put, don't need a lot much from what it already has. So I suggest usability. The mods adds an alt-fire which switches the base weapon trigger from semi-fire to automatic fire with additional fire rate, projectile speed and range. If you push the alt-fire again, you will turn to a charge-shot. The Charged shot will fire a single projectile that gets larger as it goes, all enemies hit by this will proc an electric proc stunning enemies in the process.

These are just my ideas but I would like to hear more to make the 'Big guns' feel actually like big guns. 

i like the low mobility idea. perfect negative for a  heavy weapon.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...