Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New possible hacking puzzles in Gas City..gonna be a big pain on console.

(XBOX)YoungGunn82

TBH my thoughts on hacking are that it should be removed from the game, period. It doesn't fit the high paced nature of the game.

And adding non-skippable hacking as difficulty is laughable (looking at sorties or nightmare missions), as if that was actually in any way hard. It's just annoying when you have to stand still for 2 seconds pressing random buttons or mashing space.

Warframe is a shooter not a puzzle game. If I wanted to play connect the dots I'd go to play some flash version of it on the web.

Edited by HugintheCrow
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

Warframe is a shooter not a puzzle game. If I wanted to play connect the dts I'd go to play some flash version of it on the web.

You've clearly been playing a very different game to everyone else then.

Puzzles exist in Warframe all the way through, from quests to regular missions. Its much more than just a shooter.

I for one welcome some new ciphers to test my skills on.

• Like 12

4 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Puzzles exist in Warframe all the way through, from quests to regular missions. Its much more than just a shooter.

I for one welcome some new ciphers to test my skills on.

He's been playing the same game as me, though. I don't see how Warframe is anything other than a looter shooter.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Everyone else?

And yet, for some reason everyone else in this very thread is already talking how to basically remove those hacks from existing with cyphers.

Edited by HugintheCrow
  • Like 1

Are you really bothered by 10-seconds puzzles during any missions ?

They kinda break the flow from time to time, I like them. Never using cyphers. And stop talking about "skillz" please, if you wanted to show off your insane "skillz" you wouldn't be playing a horde-shooter TPS.

Edited by Chewarette
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, Etzu said:

Well the new system won't be more painful than the previous corpus cipher ? The concept is identical, click on spot to rotate them, just coller resolve puzzle compared to the previous one.

Sure, Corpus is easy with a mouse, but with a controller it isn't just simple "click on a spot". It is move left stick to the dircetion of the node you want to rotate and keep it in that direction -> use left or right bumber to rotate. Accidentally moved the stick slightly? Well you now rotated a node you didn't want to and most likely lost your chance to get it right in time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HugintheCrow said:

TBH my thoughts on hacking are that it should be removed from the game, period. It doesn't fit the high paced nature of the game.

And adding non-skippable hacking as difficulty is laughable (looking at sorties or nightmare missions), as if that was actually in any way hard. It's just annoying when you have to stand still for 2 seconds pressing random buttons or mashing space.

Warframe is a shooter not a puzzle game. If I wanted to play connect the dots I'd go to play some flash version of it on the web.

Devs already thought of that. Thats why you have ciphers. Use them if you want to skip hacking. 

• Like 1

il y a 5 minutes, Leyvonne a dit :

Sure, Corpus is easy with a mouse, but with a controller it isn't just simple "click on a spot". It is move left stick to the dircetion of the node you want to rotate and keep it in that direction -> use left or right bumber to rotate. Accidentally moved the stick slightly? Well you now rotated a node you didn't want to and most likely lost your chance to get it right in time.

I mean, the pain won't be much more for controller than it is already right now for controllers. But the difficulty difference between controller and mouse solving will be way higher yep.

1 hour ago, o0Despair0o said:

If you really think that these ciphers require any skill, you're probably the only one who's actually being challenged by them.

Have you ever done the fast Grineer hack without a macro? That has some pretty substantial muscle memory.

Skill in Warframe includes muscle memory and knowledge of mechanics. New hacking animations don't really interest me, but they do have a skill element if you want to consistently get a fast hack during a Sortie.

1 hour ago, Chewarette said:

And stop talking about "skillz" please, if you wanted to show off your insane "skillz" you wouldn't be playing a horde-shooter TPS.

Feels6x3Man.

Edited by Voltage

10 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Skill in Warframe includes muscle memory and knowledge of mechanics. New hacking animations don't really interest me, but they do have a skill element if you want to consistently get a fast hack during a Sortie.

Even Sortie hacking isn't that over-the-top complicated. From my experience I feel like that the Corpus one (my personal favorite) requires  2D (which I noticed an improvement after starting to play osu! a year ago), and the Grineer one is just muscle memory.. which somehow I still cannot master.. 

feelsbadman

28 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Have you ever done the fast Grineer hack without a macro? That has some pretty substantial muscle memory.

Feels6x3Man.

Ha, that puzzle is ez. 

2 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

"OMG I have to think a little bit and not just afk though the hole game. But I want to win all missions to 100%!"

In my opinion they should make more things like the hacking games. Spy missions are my favorite because it's not just look at anything and they die and you win.

It's really a shame that Warframe is so easy... and people still refuse to make some parts harder. And that "skill" is a thing that you laugh about here. That is the only thing I hate about Warframe.

I wonder how badly that will be affected by a lagging host...

I'm not exactly a fan of hacking puzzles, they're not hard just time consuming and they take me away from my main reason for being there...

Also if we have a ship that can hack the alarm to stop an alarm or a countdown... why can't it hack the entire system so I don't have to...

I like how some people took the "cant wait to test my skills with my ciphers" or "Skills" seriously when ciphers are involved, the point of those sentences is that its there so we dont have to hack unless its a sortie.

I like hacking because its different, im so sorry to those that want another basic game thats straight forward and has no unique parts of it. Im also sorry to those that get annoyed by probably the easiest function in the game (especially grineer wise). Getting rid of something thats been here forever just because a few of you dislike the fact that it exists ALL OF A SUDDEN, or because your new to the game and you think its okay to throw your opinion and believe its the RIGHT THING TO DO even though you probably know nothing of the game then please, stop, get some help.

16 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

I wonder how badly that will be affected by a lagging host...

I'm not exactly a fan of hacking puzzles, they're not hard just time consuming and they take me away from my main reason for being there...

Also if we have a ship that can hack the alarm to stop an alarm or a countdown... why can't it hack the entire system so I don't have to...

A lagging host? For one thing even if I had bad wifi I doubt a lagging host would be my issue. And Ive never once had a laggy experience hacking, not one. Time CONSUMING?! Bruh... Bruuuuh.. it takes 10 seconds out of your time to hack a console. It takes literally no time. Now I'm just seeing excuses to make it dissappear. Is there some sort of player illuminati im not aware of that decide we should try and make this and that look bad and get it removed for our sakes? 10 seconds... Its just pressing A like 7 times if youre not sad enough.

• Like 1