Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New possible hacking puzzles in Gas City..gonna be a big pain on console.

(XBOX)YoungGunn82

2 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

*laughs in 10x Cipher Bundle*

guess I won't be doing Jupiter Sorties until I get used to that system. I will practice hacks when I'm undetected, but in combat, these things are just getting Ciphered. 

I agree. But during Sorties doing these in a hurry might become rage inducing. Unless hopefully implemented right.

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

27 minutes ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

Corpus ciphers using a controller are just bloody awful.

According to the data DE released, we have no troubles with hacking (hint: our times are good).

Edited by Chappie1975

1 hour ago, (XB1)Lwyu said:

A lagging host? For one thing even if I had bad wifi I doubt a lagging host would be my issue. And Ive never once had a laggy experience hacking, not one. Time CONSUMING?! Bruh... Bruuuuh.. it takes 10 seconds out of your time to hack a console. It takes literally no time. Now I'm just seeing excuses to make it dissappear. Is there some sort of player illuminati im not aware of that decide we should try and make this and that look bad and get it removed for our sakes? 10 seconds... Its just pressing A like 7 times if youre not sad enough.

Actually yes a lagging host CAN affect hacking, but then I play on pc so it might be more easily seen by us.  It's more obvious with the grineer ones than the corpus ones due to the way you need to 'hit a timer'.

10 seconds in warframe is a large amount of time, even my average sub 5 seconds is enough to 'pull you away' from the action.  Don't forget they're not just needed for hacking spy missions, we have this lovely annoyance called corpus glass.... it gets broken in one room (usually by a spin to win player), you fix that, you go on to another room with glass, you get locked in because that same spin to win player has just broken another window....

As to people not wanting them...why do you think so many people take ciphers with them... while I'm not calling for them to be removed, I'd be more than happy to have them removed.  Either way it still doesn't explain why we have a ship that can stop a countdown, disable the alarms but it can't control things remove the need for hacking, which it's clearly had to do to stop a countdown or disable an alarm....

Edited by LSG501

1 hour ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

I prefer Corpus to Grineer, Corpus doesn't require twitch reflexes...it's just a radial menu.

These new puzzles seem fine, assuming the pivot point isn't fiddly to select, I assume we won't be able to use the d-pad to choose nodes. because the virtual mouse is so awesome 😞

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

I used the think they were difficult with a controller but after several hundred consoles hacked without a cipher they eventually become trivial.  Now I may fail 1 in 100 hack attempts.  But that's usually because I'd had too much to drink.

Edited by (PS4)Ashagin
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, (NSW)Evilpricetag said:

Unless it's a rescue sortie on Lua. If you don't wait for the team 1-2 people very well might not have enough time to try everything. 

Have actually gotten fast enough to check them all (dude is always in the last one) in time to do that solo.

Man.  Some people act like hacking in Warframe is impossibly hard.

I use a controller. I play on the X and my average hack time for any cipher is less than 6 seconds.  says so in my profile tab in what could be called your start menu.  I don't even bother using auto hack ciphers because it takes me so little time to hack even the corpus ones.  Corpus trick is to do outer ring first.  It's literally that easy.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

If you really think that these ciphers require any skill, you're probably the only one who's actually being challenged by them.

I doubt yourself from three or four years ago when you started playing and just got to Stolen Dreams would agree with you

5 hours ago, LSG501 said:

I wonder how badly that will be affected by a lagging host...

sure, if you're trying to thread the needle and get the Hack completed in that last hundred Milliseconds or how long it takes for you to regain movement after finishing - that could fall apart with a very laggy Session.
but the Hacking Menu is Clientside ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Doesn't look bad, but really it doesn't seem to fit well with the game. I was mostly expecting that they would make an Orokin hacking mini game of which doesn't need to be as complex as the ones you play when playing The Sacrifice quest, if you know what I mean. Making something like what they're showing here, uh... I don't know, it just doesn't feel right.

3 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Are you sure.... because I've actually seen this lag I'm talking about and it sure isn't my end with my hardware.

uh, quite so - if you needed authorization on every moving element form the Host on Hack Menus, you wouldn't be able to use them even if you were playing with someone that lives a couple streets away from you, let alone a different Country.
you move the Elements and well, solve the Puzzle of your own volition. it would be insane to try and be Host authoritative on moving those elements.

like i said, the Time Limit on the menu or how long it takes for you to open the Menu or regain control of your Character when you're done could get gross with a terrible Session.

8 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

it feel like its from bioshock's puzzle, going say no because it look too easy.  If they wanted make something hard give us a puzzle box to try open it then everyone will be losing their cubes.

Pretty much what I thought. Those Bioshock puzzles were the bane of my life. The simpler ones aren't too bad, but the more complicated ones...lets just say I found it easier to buy a hack / key (forget what they're called) than solve the puzzle.

10 hours ago, rune_me said:

He's been playing the same game as me, though. I don't see how Warframe is anything other than a looter shooter.

Really?

What about all the puzzles on Lua? Octavia's Anthem? The War Within? Saya's Vigil?

In fact most of the quests require you to either complete puzzles, or gather fragments / components / whatever, to either build gear or gain new information.

Plus cipher terminals exist on practically every tile set on every world.

Sorry - can't take statements like that seriously at all. Just wilful dismissal of an integral part of the game, based on nothing more than your personal dislike of them.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

2 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

What about all the puzzles on Lua? Octavia's Anthem? The War Within? Saya's Vigil?

Sorry - can't take statements like that seriously at all. Just wilful dismissal of an integral part of the game, based on nothing more than your personal dislike of them.

I don't remember any puzzle in the War Within, I just remember really not liking the quest. But if there were possibles, they obviously were not important enough to leave a lasting impression on me. There's no puzzle in Saya's Vigil at all. And solving the puzzle rooms on Lua took me less than 2 hours, out of the 1000 hours I've spend in this game. That doesn't qualify as an "integral" part of the game. That's barely an afterthought. 

That being said, I don't really care if you take my statements serious or not. That was never a requirement for me making them.