Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Madurai - Phoenix Talons / Spirit

(PSN)ru2cool

Question

I have been doing some research on the madurai focus school and noticed the phoenix talons / spirit passives.  Per the wiki, each of these abilities are multiplicative to other damage increases.  The examples given were serration (phoenix talons) and hellfire (phoenix spirit).  If I understand that correctly, then the buff for each mod would be as follows:

Serration 165% * 25% = 206.25%

Hellfire 90% * 25% = 112.5%

So, with that in mind, I have a few questions:

• Is the wiki correct in stating that the phoenix passives are multiplicative to other damage increases?
    • If so, is my understanding of the formula correct?
    • If not, how is the buff actually applied?
  • Does phoenix talons boost Chroma's vex armor damage buff since it works like serration?

4 answers to this question

Its kinda confusing. It seems talons and spirit are only added as bonus damage to the initial hit and won't affect status procs. Also, there's only certain weapons it takes effect with

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/7b3wzm/since_i_keep_reading_this_madurais_phoenix/

Edited by OminousVortex

21 hours ago, OminousVortex said:

Its kinda confusing. It seems talons and spirit are only added as bonus damage to the initial hit and won't affect status procs. Also, there's only certain weapons it takes effect with

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/7b3wzm/since_i_keep_reading_this_madurais_phoenix/

I actually found that thread when I was originally searching for more info on the passives.  However, I noticed that it was posted a year (maybe closer to two) ago.  I assumed there may have been an undocumented change to the passives since then.  When I looked on the wiki edit history for madurai, I noticed that the verbiage was changed from 'additive' to 'multiplicative' on 9/15/2018.  Hopefully, someone who is good at number crunching in the simulacrum will be able to confirm the present state of the passive buffs.

I looked into this and it applys before chroma buffs (I dont know were it the cain of multiplyers it slides in. but here a re my results (I dont have the skills on max but ist enough to test went from: unbuffed 7723-8512 (difference 789)    buffed 17401-19179 (difference 1778)   feel free to post this information to other discussions were it is still unclear.

heres a screenshot: http://prntscr.com/mtzet4