Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yeah, If you could make a "turn off riven overflow notifications" option, that'd be great.

sir_deadlock

I hit my cap. Not like, the 90 riven cap, but I have more rivens than I'm supposed to.

Here's the thing. I'm fine with not having more.

Can you please stop reminding me nearly every menu transition? I get it, I have too many. Please stop reminding me. I know. Please stop!

Just let me turn off these notifications. You want to make it so I can't get more until I make space? I'm fine with that. Fantastic. Just peachy. But please stop notifying me that the game has forced me to have an overflow capacity.

Is it vitally important that I have space? Tell you what, how about you don't allow me to receive rivens if I don't have space? Don't even let me be eligible. Give me an anasa scultpure or credits. Whatever. I'm getting really annoyed with this.

So annoyed that I'll delete rivens? No. That'd be reckless. I earned these pieces of junk and I paid to store them. It's not my fault the game is trying to strong arm me into buying slots. Even if I did, it's just a matter of time before those fill up too.

Please turn off the notifications. If I shouldn't have more rivens, don't offer them to me. That's fair. Don't turn off features like trading, don't remind me constantly. Fix this, please.

-------

P.S. Sorry to anybody reading this who sees my replies getting moody. I found this issue to be extremely upsetting and was annoyed that somebody was acting like it was my fault that I was being notified, not just once when I logged in or when I tried to do something riven related, but after every menu change, after every mission and every day during the login reward hour. It was happening way more than it reasonable should and I didn't like being told that it's my fault I'm being constantly hounded.

I didn't ask for an overflow account and I don't want one. It's more trouble than it's worth.

I've since gone ahead and dissolved rivens. I just couldn't stand it anymore. The problem still exists and is waiting for me the next time a riven ends up in my inventory.

I hate this part of the game.

Edited by sir_deadlock

8 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Sounds like you didn't pay to store the extras currently in your account. Just delete them.

If I'm not supposed to have extras, it shouldn't be possible to have extras. That's not my fault. They need to fix things on their end or let me keep what I've got without being hassled.

Besides, you know that eventually, I'd run into the same problem, right? This happens at 90 too. At that point, it's impossible to buy more slots, but still possible to have an overflow.

Edited by sir_deadlock

Just now, sir_deadlock said:

If the game is generating spam that requires user intervention in order to continue playing the game in a reasonably functional capacity, that needs to be addressed immediately.

Then address it. Delete the extra Rivens.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sir_deadlock said:

If I'm not supposed to have extras, it shouldn't be possible to have extras. That's not my fault. They need to fix things on their end or let me keep what I've got without being hassled.

Besides, you know that eventually, I'd run into the same problem, right? This happens at 90 too. At that point, it's impossible to buy more slots, but still possible to have an overflow.

Its true, best I can suggest is try to find them a home with some other players through trade. Hopefully, that will make getting them when you are at max as you are something of a reward instead of less endo than the other reward options by far.

Just now, peterc3 said:

Then address it. Delete the extra Rivens.

Can you please tell me how that will fix the design issue my feedback is addressing?

Thank you for trying to troubleshoot a work-around for my personal instance of this complication, but it's just going to pop up again... and again... and again... and every time I get another riven until somebody finally fixes this issue. Even if I buy the 90 slot cap, it'll keep happening. And not just to me either, it'll happen to everybody throughout the entire game.

That's a lot of frustration to be putting out there. Nobody likes being pestered at every turn. I'm asking to have an option to avoid this in the future too, not just a temporary fix.

18 minutes ago, Urlan said:

Its true, best I can suggest is try to find them a home with some other players through trade. Hopefully, that will make getting them when you are at max as you are something of a reward instead of less endo than the other reward options by far.

The way I see it now, I'm being punished for playing. Getting rivens comes with the looming fear of hitting my cap and getting these awful annoying notifications. I'm sick of buying more slots for these white elephant gifts. I want to stop receiving them.

Take me off the list. I don't want more.

Edited by sir_deadlock

Its a free to play game

that means DE needs to make money from transactions; like Riven Slot Purchases

the adverts to Buy aren't going away, neither will they stop dropping rivens on you to try and tempt purchases. It's all a vital part of the Marketing

get used to it or Quit and find a game that you Pay/Subscribe for directly instead.

4 hours ago, sir_deadlock said:

The way I see it now, I'm being punished for playing. Getting rivens comes with the looming fear of hitting my cap and getting these awful annoying notifications. I'm sick of buying more slots for these white elephant gifts. I want to stop receiving them.

Take me off the list. I don't want more.

I can understand that, sorry I can't really help though.

OP's request is reasonable.  That popup appears every single time you enter your orbiter: coming back from missions, dojo, Cetus/Fortuna, etc.   We don't HAVE to get rid of it immediately, we can do it later in the day. Like when you're waiting for people to come online if you plan on selling/giving it away for example. But in the meantime you will be pestered by that popup constantly.  It could be toned down a bit, make it appear only once when you log in and when you try to do sorties.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MystMan said:

It could be toned down a bit, make it appear only once when you log in and when you try to do sorties.

Exactly!

I get that a large part of rivens is a way to make money on more slots. I'm okay with being reminded that I don't have enough space to do certain things, but I only want to be reminded when I'm trying to do those things; like how the foundry reminds me when I don't have enough slots for the weapon I try to claim, but it doesn't open a pop-up after every mission telling me I can't claim my weapon from the foundry until I buy more weapon slots or sell/discard a weapon.