Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LightZodiac

Add operator arcane which generates energy

Recommended Posts

With Zenurik and 1-2 of Arcane Elevate/Repair/Nourish player can use his operator to generate energy for himself and his team as well as heal his own and teammate frames and... since picking any other school means losing the energy generating ability other schools kinda fall into niche use.

Vazarin has this awesome ability called Protective Dash... but I lose the ability to generate energy and I can already heal using arcanes so it's not really all that competitive, pass except for niche use (bounties).

Mandurai gives me +25% damage... but I lose the ability to generate energy, pass except for eidolons (niche use).

Unairu gives me awesome ability to cloak teammates and give them damage reduction for a couple of seconds because I have no energy, pass. (Chromas uses it for Eidolons... and that's pretty much the only use of this focus school).

Naramon good for leveling melee weapons and Valkyr (Hunter Adrenaline teeheee), again niche use.

Now let's say there is an arcane which .eg gives a weaker version of Energizing Dash... and we have two slots for operator arcanes.

Now I could use one healing arcane and one energy arcane and have a bit of healing and a bit of energy with any school. Or I could use two energy arcanes with Vazarin for more energy and great heals and nothing else (really outside of heals that school sucks). I could combine two energy arcanes with zenurik to have really good energy gain but no healing... etc.

Share your opinions and thoughts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So you want to remove anything that resembles balance from the focus schools?

You're supposed to choose between the energy regen and making things (like defense objects) permanently invulnerable with healing added.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are many ways to generate energy aside of Zenurik.

[Arcane Energize] if you need lots of it. Death Cube's [Energy Generator] if you are able to do some kills with your weapons. [Rage] if you are running any armored warframe. Also, surprise surprise, efficiency mods exist.

Zenurik is addictive, it makes you forget how to actually get some energy. How did we actually play this game before it was added, eh?

 

Also, may I ask, what kind of builds you are using? Because you speak like you always have maxed [Blind Rage] on you while having no [Flow], so any energy you accumulated is disappearing after a single cast. I just can't imagine a gameplay when I couldn't make a single step without refreshing Zenurik touch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Zanoza-chan said:

There are many ways to generate energy aside of Zenurik.

[Arcane Energize] if you need lots of it. Death Cube's [Energy Generator] if you are able to do some kills with your weapons. [Rage] if you are running any armored warframe. Also, surprise surprise, efficiency mods exist.

Zenurik is addictive, it makes you forget how to actually get some energy. How did we actually play this game before it was added, eh?

 

Also, may I ask, what kind of builds you are using? Because you speak like you always have maxed [Blind Rage] on you while having no [Flow], so any energy you accumulated is disappearing after a single cast. I just can't imagine a gameplay when I couldn't make a single step without refreshing Zenurik touch.

Weird flex but OK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Zanoza-chan said:

There are many ways to generate energy aside of Zenurik.

[Arcane Energize] if you need lots of it. Death Cube's [Energy Generator] if you are able to do some kills with your weapons. [Rage] if you are running any armored warframe. Also, surprise surprise, efficiency mods exist.

Zenurik is addictive, it makes you forget how to actually get some energy. How did we actually play this game before it was added, eh?

 

Also, may I ask, what kind of builds you are using? Because you speak like you always have maxed [Blind Rage] on you while having no [Flow], so any energy you accumulated is disappearing after a single cast. I just can't imagine a gameplay when I couldn't make a single step without refreshing Zenurik touch.

he meant for the operator

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Naftal said:

So you want to remove anything that resembles balance from the focus schools?

You're supposed to choose between the energy regen and making things (like defense objects) permanently invulnerable with healing added.

Honestly the fact that you essentially phrase it "do you want energy regen... or one of those other schools" kinda illuminates just how strong the regen is. We should be choosing between 5 balanced schools, not 1 good overall school vs 4 niche schools.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AXCrusnik said:

Honestly the fact that you phrase it "do you want energy regen... or one of those other schools" kinda illuminates just how strong the regen is. We should be choosing between 5 balanced schools, not 1 good overall school vs 4 niche schools.

I phrased it "do you want zenurik or vazarin", not what you said.

I'd say at the moment Zenurik, Madurai, Naramon and Vazarin are pretty balanced while Unairu is worse.

It's just that newer players like their energy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, MasterBurik said:

120?cb=20141113233927"Why does everyone forget about me?"

 

Because Zenurik doesn't require you to farm polymer bundles?

 

4 minutes ago, Naftal said:

I phrased it "do you want zenurik or vazarin", not what you said.

I'd say at the moment Zenurik, Madurai, Naramon and Vazarin are pretty balanced while Unairu is worse.

It's just that newer players like their energy.

IMO Zenurik gives you the energy to do what the other 4 schools do (or close enough) but with Warframe instead of operator abilities, while also giving your team energy. But more importantly using operator abilities is kinda a pain without energizing dash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AXCrusnik said:

IMO Zenurik gives you the energy to do what the other 4 schools do (or close enough) but with Warframe instead of operator abilities, while also giving your team energy.

And some frames will give you energy like Zenurik. I don't see your point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Naftal said:

And some frames will give you energy like Zenurik. I don't see your point.

Zenurik means you don't sacrifice a potentially more impactful frame for just energy support. IMO I think it's more like Vazarin and Zenurik are balanced. Where you would take Vaz for healing if you don't need more energy. The rest are niche use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AXCrusnik said:

Zenurik means you don't sacrifice a potentially more impactful frame for just energy support.

It means you do sacrifice a potentially more impactful focus school just for energy support though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AXCrusnik said:

Because Zenurik doesn't require you to farm polymer bundles?

After a certain point in your crafting progression, they just start to pile up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Naftal said:

It means you do sacrifice a potentially more impactful focus school just for energy support though.

Well that's where our opinions differ. The way I see it if you're trying to be as efficient as possible there isn't a potentially more impactful school compared to Vazarin and Zenurik. You either take the energy and use it so your team can do what the other schools do with that energy, or you take Vazarin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MasterBurik said:

After a certain point in your crafting progression, they just start to pile up.

They only drop on 2 planets, Mercury and Uranus. As of right now we don't have a lot of reasons to go there outside of Polymer Bundles. They do pile up, until you stop farming Equinox or find Mercury XP farming boring. I use Zenurik in large part because the energy pads ate away most of my Polymer stash, and I don't want to run Stephano over and over again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AXCrusnik said:

They only drop on 2 planets, Mercury and Uranus. As of right now we don't have a lot of reasons to go there outside of Polymer Bundles. They do pile up, until you stop farming Equinox or find Mercury XP farming boring.

Venus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Naftal said:

It means you do sacrifice a potentially more impactful focus school just for energy support though.

Just out of curiosity did you completely level all schools?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 час назад, Air-mage сказал:

he meant for the operator

I know how to read.

What I'm talking about that there's totally no need to add more energy sources, especially for operator. It feels like "let's add another one multishot mod for secondaries, cuz two already existing mods are not enough for my particular needs".

This game, in most cases, offers you two ways: mastery or teamplay. Teamplay means having EV Trinity nearby ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Mastery means you are able to get enough energy (or you are able to lower your need) and still be effective. Want to have even more energy? Well, I want pizza right now, and nobody's going to deliver it improve your mastery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Zanoza-chan said:

I know how to read.

What I'm talking about that there's totally no need to add more energy sources, especially for operator. It feels like "let's add another one multishot mod for secondaries, cuz two already existing mods are not enough for my particular needs".

This game, in most cases, offers you two ways: mastery or teamplay. Teamplay means having EV Trinity nearby ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Mastery means you are able to get enough energy (or you are able to lower your need) and still be effective. Want to have even more energy? Well, I want pizza right now, and nobody's going to deliver it improve your mastery.

You sound like "hur dur you should just git gut like I am".

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LightZodiac said:

Just out of curiosity did you completely level all schools?

 

I miss some irrelevant nodes from Vazarin and Unairu but otherwise yeah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 час назад, LightZodiac сказал:

You sound like "hur dur you should just git gut like I am".

Well... uhm... yes? If you spell it so.

You are complaining about being unable to [do the thing] when there are many ways to do it and thousands of other players have succeed in it. I suggest you to learn and practice. Learning gives knowledge, practice gives skill, combined they will resolve your problem. I even gave you a list of goals, and none of them are hard to obtain or very endgame. Adding new OP items to the game that already has plenty of OP items will also resolve your problem, yes, but if so - this game will become even more ezmode than it has become during last 2 years, I do not appreciate it, and I'm not alone with such opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Naftal said:

I miss some irrelevant nodes from Vazarin and Unairu but otherwise yeah.

Great so we already know that Zenurik gives energy, with Zenurik you also get +60% melee channeling efficiency, which makes zen and naramon compete for best melee focus .

With Temporal blast you get to slow down enemies by 80% for 15 seconds it will also stun whole groups of enemies for that duration, and the best part is slowdown works against starchart bosses, basically your operator is kinda having a "mini slova" with you at all times. lvl100 boss sortie, just void blast the boss and unload into him while he spends the next 15 seconds in slow-mo mod.

The combination of Lightning Dash, Void Static, Void Singularity makes Zenurik operator the best DPS and CC against mobs of all schools, just void dash three times around the enemies and then stay in Void Mode, you get 3 ball lightnings continually zapping the enemies, + Void Static additional damage for a total of 3.700 dmg/s per enemy and you pull all enemies within 20 meters toward yourself. This works just great through the starchart (I had missions where I played just as operator end ended up doing more damage then the rest of the team), at higher levels damage is insignificant due to the armor but the CC is still there.

It's not like zenurik has only energy, and being able to generate energy with other school would suddenly upset the whole balance and Zenurik would become crap.

There is no balance to begin with, all nodes in Zenurik are already great and to top it off it's the only school that gives us energy, being able to generate energy with other schools equipped would make schools more balanced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LightZodiac said:

Great so we already know that Zenurik gives energy, with Zenurik you also get +60% melee channeling efficiency, which makes zen and naramon compete for best melee focus .

 With Temporal blast you get to slow down enemies by 80% for 15 seconds it will also stun whole groups of enemies for that duration, and the best part is slowdown works against starchart bosses, basically your operator is kinda having a "mini slova" with you at all times. lvl100 boss sortie, just void blast the boss and unload into him while he spends the next 15 seconds in slow-mo mod.

The combination of Lightning Dash, Void Static, Void Singularity makes Zenurik operator the best DPS and CC against mobs of all schools, just void dash three times around the enemies and then stay in Void Mode, you get 3 ball lightnings continually zapping the enemies, + Void Static additional damage for a total of 3.700 dmg/s per enemy and you pull all enemies within 20 meters toward yourself. This works just great through the starchart (I had missions where I played just as operator end ended up doing more damage then the rest of the team), at higher levels damage is insignificant due to the armor but the CC is still there.

It's not like zenurik has only energy, and being able to generate energy with other school would suddenly upset the whole balance and Zenurik would become crap.

There is no balance to begin with, all nodes in Zenurik are already great and to top it off it's the only school that gives us energy, being able to generate energy with other schools equipped would make schools more balanced.

Channeling is worthless and does absolutely nothing to make melee better. Naramon is best for melee, next is Madurai, then whatever.

I don't have need to waste time to do tricks like that against bosses. I'll just kill them fast.

I don't need small CC. I either use a proper CC from some frame or I just kill enemies. There's really nothing in between.

What the trees offer me:

Zenurik = energy regen

Naramon = melee combo counter lasts and best void dashing with its huge aoe

Madurai = more damage (either from passives or from void strike)

Vazarin = invulnerable objectives/other friendly targets

Unairu = double operator damage

Everything else is at best a cute gimmick that isn't worth anything to me or at worst a node I don't want to activate at all because it just makes the operator worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Zanoza-chan said:

Well... uhm... yes? If you spell it so.

You are complaining about being unable to [do the thing] when there are many ways to do it and thousands of other players have succeed in it. I suggest you to learn and practice. Learning gives knowledge, practice gives skill, combined they will resolve your problem. I even gave you a list of goals, and none of them are hard to obtain or very endgame. Adding new OP items to the game that already has plenty of OP items will also resolve your problem, yes, but if so - this game will become even more ezmode than it has become during last 2 years, I do not appreciate it, and I'm not alone with such opinion.

I'm not complaining, I'm suggesting my suggestion is aimed at making other schools more viable, and your list of goals doesn't really solve that.

Other then that thank you for your suggestion for me to improve my skill, I already have Arcane Energize, which I acquired by hunting about 180 eidolons, I'm using Blind Rage on two of my builds, Nidus and buff Rhino, neither of which require great efficiency, although I'm quite sure I could use said mod on other frames as well considering I have Zenurik and Arcane Energize, and Energy Generator and Hunter Adrenaline and Rage, and yes I do use efficiency as well as Flow mods on my builds which are all quite great.

Also I fail to see how adding arcanes which generate energy manages to make the game more EZ mode then it already is? I mean I already have tons of energy while using Zenurik, adding two energy arcanes on top of that would give me even more energy which I don't really need and I would lose healing arcanes by doing that.

So when you feel like flexing i suggest you first make sure that you are talking to a player who is worse then you, maybe try playing more on Earth and Venus... Mercury at best, because all you managed to do is make yourself look not really all that smart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...