Hunter Adrenaline is not Better than Rage... a common misunderstanding?

ThePersonBehindYou

Question

From the Description it says

Their functions

Hunter Adrenaline:

Convert +45% of Damage On Health to Energy

You can even wiki this or link it in-game to see

Rage:

Convert +40% of Damage On Health to Energy.

Take note:

There is no specific amount of energy you will gain... and I will explain

So the numbers...

45% on Hunter Adrenaline

40% on Rage...

Does not dictate the energy you will gain

BUT the damage you require for it to activate the function of the mod...which is stated to give you energy... No amount specified..just energy.

So let's ANALYZE carefully

Hunter Adrenaline States...

That it will CONVERT 45% Dmg DEALT ON your Health to Energy...

Yes? We can understand that in simpler terms:

"I will HAVE to take 45% Dmg of my enemy's weapons directly to my health. To earn Energy (no amount specified)"

But here... Rage states:

Converts 40% of damage on health to energy.

Which btw.. to simplify..

"IT only takes 40% dmg of my enemy's weapon for it to activate and give me energy (no amount of energy specified)"

So ...

Would you want 45% dmg dealt ON you? Or 40% dmg?

Obviously... we want to take LESS dmg from the enemy directly to our health to gain energy right? Cuz more damage to our health means we're one step More closer to dying or being downed cuz you're depleting More health

It doesn't STATE that those percentages refer to the amount of energy you will get from the damage... no.. those percentages are referring to the amount of dmg of the enemy to your health...

The percentage refers to the Damage

Not the health...

Soo if an enemy deals 1000 dmg

And I use Rage.

It requires 40% of 1000 dmg to my health to start gaining energy.

Meaning I need to get hit by 400dmg  on my health bar for it TO WORK

While Hunter Adrenaline requires you to take 45%dmg from the enemy

Which btw the 45% of 1000dmg = 450dmg

Which may not sound so much 

But in a sense

You will have to take MORE dmg from your enemy for Hunter Adrenaline to start working.

Would you want to get hit by more dmg? So you can gain energy?

Yes or No?

NO...

Hunter Adrenaline does NOT give you 45% MORE energy if you get 45%dmg from the enemy.  No

Rage does not convert 40% of dmg to your health to 40% energy. NO

Rage is better than Hunter Adrenaline 

Case closed.

Why else...would DE make it a gold rare mod? While Hunter Adrenaline is a Bronze/Brown COMMON mod.

If you say otherwise... go ahead and explain. Try to change my mind. Try to tell me I am wrong in this intetpretation of the mod.

Well, it doesn't work like this. It just actually converts the percentage shown on the mod of damage taken to your health into energy.

If it worked like you suggested, it would be the best to use these mods unranked.

Mod rarity has nothing to do with how good a mod is. It's just about drop chances and how much endo/credits it costs to upgrade it.

• Like 11

^ Damn, I got sniped.

You misunderstood entirely what the mods actually do. Let me completely simplify it.

An enemy does 100 damage to you. If you use Max leveled Rage, you only gain 40 Energy. If you use maxed level Hunter Adrenaline, you gain 45 Energy. 

It has nothing to do with how much damage you take before you gain energy: It's about how much energy you gain when you DO take damage. 

Edited by KaijuKraid
  • Like 1

Heh, lots of people beat me to it.

--

The mods read 'Converts x% of damage on health to energy'. This means:

Energy Gained = Damage Taken to Health * (x / 100)

So if you are using Rage, and take 100 damage to health, you will get 100*(40/100)=40 energy.

If you're using Hunter Adrenaline, for the same amount of damage you will get 100*(45/100)=45 energy.

--

Rage is a gold, rare mod because it was released into the game as such way before Hunter Adrenaline was added. Hunter Adrenaline is a (relatively) common drop, but from the Plague Star event, which only happens occasionally.

Edited by Tzolkat
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ThePersonBehindYou said:

Ok it gives you More energy... sure...

Would you like the dmg on your health more? YES or no?

What others are trying to explain to you is that neither mod is gated by how much damage you take.  Once you take damage, you start gaining energy.  Rage doesn't start working before Hunter Adrenaline.  They both start working the moment you take damage.  HA gives you a better conversion of health lost to energy back.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ThePersonBehindYou said:

Would you like the dmg on your health more? YES or no?

Would you like to gain more energy from the damage inflicted upon your frame? Yes or no?

Hunter Adrenaline is better in a sense that it gives more energy for the damage inflicted upon the frame.

Rage on the other hand provides better usage of mod space (especially important when using umbral mods).

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, (XB1)x ARTaco x said:

it converts a pct of dmg on health to energy like the math that others posted. i don't think there's a thresh hold it has to reach to activate just from reading then mod. why do you interpret it like that? did you test it?

As a matter of fact... I did.... and I started to doubt Hunter Adrenaline... when I tested it on Wukong and Mesa Prime.

I died quicker than I can quickly activate the skills I need to prevent death or being downed. 

Based from my observation

When I equipped Rage.

I had more time window to activate my skills to prevent me from dying fast as I was taking dmg

So to me...it feels like I earn energy faster on Rage

(The skills I am referring to are: Wukong's 2nd ability and Mesa's 3rd ability)

I started with 0 energy on both

While switching from Hunter Adrenaline to Rage.

Edited by ThePersonBehindYou

1 minute ago, ThePersonBehindYou said:

As a matter of fact... I did.... and I started to doubt Hunter Adrenaline... when I tested it on Wukong and Mesa Prime.

I died quicker than I can quickly activate the skills I need to prevent death or being downed. 

When I equipped Rage.

I had more time window to activate my skills to prevent me from dying fast as I was taking dmg

A better test would be to measure the damage taken and how much energy is gained from known sources.  If you can turn on friendly fire in the Simulacrum and grab a friend that can tailor specific damage numbers while you try HA and Rage, that would be a much better test.

4 minutes ago, ThePersonBehindYou said:

When I equipped Rage.

I started with 0 energy on both

While switching from Hunter Adrenaline to Rage.

what i would do is use inaros(just because he has a massive health pool) and use a single butcher in the simulacrum and then see how much energy you get after each hit. that should show definitively which one gets you more energy.

• Like 2

Hmmm u are confused. Hunter is better for sure. u get more energy back from the hit then rage . u lose same health tho. n they all start working when u get damage from an enemy. A good thing is if u have enough armor it will help u take less damage but u still get energy if u take dmg. Just less dmg on health from the hit. n to say It's good they made another mod like rage . It's good for us, think about it. u can use both tho like on wukong . n it work very well with quick thinking mod. Is even if u don't agree. It's a good mod to have in the game. Lol 

3 minutes ago, (PS4)FatMacBrbn said:

One has a cost of 9pts (Rage), the other a cost of 11pts (Hunter Adrenaline) when modding.

I honestly don't consider a mere 5% difference worth the extra 3 points of modding points. I go with Rage every time.

Yes sometime i use rage when It's an umbra build . Because of no space. But if normal build , then hunter for sure.

• Like 2

It was one Corrupted Heavy Gunner.

I forgot to mention I was in my Simulacrum to test it

I wait for times it needs to reload so it can shoot continuously until it stops to reload again... I gained energy quicker on rage

I didn't let it hit me until it is ready to fire as I test how fast I gained the energy.

I'm purposely getting hit on its line of sight by just standing idle until the time I need to move and activate the abilities

I kept doing it over and over and discovered how Rage is making a huge difference. I see numbers increasing faster on my energy bar.

So I was like.... "why doesn't Hunter Adrenaline feel like what it's supposed to be. Why am I getting results that are not what I am looking for despite of the fact its the only mod I have to replace to see the difference it has compared to rage?"

So yeah ok... I'll accept it... you gain more energy on Hunter Adrenaline.

But how is it slower in my tests?

So my mind was questioning what the 40% or 45% on those mods are really meant for. So I came to the conclusion it' the percent requirement to gain energy.

I dunno... it's weird but it convinced me. Also... coincidentally it has a lesser drain so I also factor that on why it is better

2 minutes ago, (PS4)salem9080 said:

3 minutes ago, (PS4)FatMacBrbn said:

One has a cost of 9pts (Rage), the other a cost of 11pts (Hunter Adrenaline) when modding.

I honestly don't consider a mere 5% difference worth the extra 3 points of modding points. I go with Rage every time.

Yes sometime i use rage when It's an umbra build . Because of no space. But if normal build , then hunter for sure.

YES... OH MY GOSH