Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whiteboards & Roadmaps: an Update

[DE]Steve

10 minutes ago, PsychoSunshine said:

Could someone explain to me what "pay to sleep" means, please?

It’s a riff on the term “pay to win” which refers to games where time-limited (and/or time-consuming) content is the only non-cash way of acquiring certain things; you can either stay up all hours of the night waiting for a specific alert, and kick yourself for missing it because you went to bed at 1AM and it went live at 4AM, or you can pay with cash to have the item now.

Basically, as Alerts exist now, you’re either Always Checking Warframe Tracker and dropping everything to do the relevant alert, or you have to pay. Since Wolf of Saturn seems to be converting Alerts into syndicate/standing challenges, you will be able to do them at the times of your choosing, and use accumulated standing to buy the special stuff.

31 minutes ago, [DE]Steve said:

You can expect a full Melee Phase 1 workshop with diagrams, videos, and information next week. This tells you everything you need to know about our roll out plans and changes. The Melee changes themselves aren't coming this week.

I'm honestly more excited to read and participate in this dev workshop than everything else on that whiteboard put together. Melee 3 is a sea change for Warframe and it's been in the works for a very long time; what it entails and how it comes together will radically reshape the core gameplay experience in (what seems to be) a really cool way.

No more Pay to Sleep.. so does this mean in the future I won't have to drop everything or miss out when a good alert pops?

Related, but in a different system.. could day/night cycles be looked into? I've tended to get soft-locked on some objectives for weeks to months because when I have time to play, the things I'd like to do are locked behind the in-game day/night cycle on Earth and don't become available again until after I have to stop playing.

Just now, Tzolkat said:

No more Pay to Sleep.. so does this mean in the future I won't have to drop everything or miss out when a good alert pops?

Related, but in a different system.. could day/night cycles be looked into? I've tended to get soft-locked on some objectives for weeks to months because when I have time to play, the things I'd like to do are locked behind the in-game day/night cycle on Earth and don't become available again until after I have to stop playing.

Yes that is exactly what it means - no more dropping everything for an alert that you need.
Right now day/night isn't on 'fix now' list - focusing on the whiteboard development for now.

To this day i am still amazed at this game and the group of developers that made their dream come true. Make no mistake Steve, among the chaos of gamming atm, warframe is still a gem worth playing, it was worth playing years ago and you guys keep giving us reasons to keep playing.

Excelent job.

53 minutes ago, [DE]Steve said:

jfBABCH.jpg

My honoured Tenno Skuum,  

soon.

• Warframes 3: You've seen Javelin Zarya  and Limbosette (two of the six upcoming Warframes).
  • Deck 12 - CC Simulator Exploiter
  • The Gas City 
  • Melee 2.9 
  • The 'Wolf of Ayatan Sculpture grind' 

But it's February - and none of it's live.  very soon

Sooooon:

• soon
  • soon
  • soon
  • sooner 

Fixed

Archived