Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whiteboards & Roadmaps: an Update

[DE]Steve

Thank you for the information @[DE]Steve.

A few questions:

Considering the blurring of the lines between ranged and melee play, will there be a benefit to being a dedicated player of ranged/melee as much as there will be to juggling foes in the mix of plays?

Will there be an option to keep dedicated melee rather than mixing them?

Eg. When I have a full set of primary, secondary and melee - E is my quick melee and F is my switch to dedicated melee. When in dedicated melee, left click becomes my attack button rather than E. Will there be a way to keep this without the mix up play style for those who enjoy slower or methodical play?

Final question which is a little off topic;

Will there be an AI/stealth 2.0 overhaul in the future?

At current, AI seemingly know where you are when you get spotted or they're searching for you. Stealth being part of a Ninja's kit would mean we have some counter play to being spotted (not mentioned invisibility because it is OP for stealth runs). Joey Zero released a video speaking of stealth and potential tweaks to it - with how well fishing and conservation has done in players enjoying the slower game modes compared to Sanctuary Onslaught. Perhaps a Hunting Sim style game to introduce stealth 2.0 and allow us to use the parts from the kill to create weapons/armour and syandanas. Thus the slower the mission, the rewards need to feel rewarding too for taking the time to track and kill a beast (see the Hunter:Call of the wild).

Thank you 🙂

-Phyrak

Small suggestion:

Once melee 3.0 will hit us, it would be cool, to be able to pick up weapons, which I dumped for MR fodder, to be able to buy back from market for credits fully build.

Lets say, that those weapons were not interesting enough for me, but with 3.0, they can be cool as hell and I dont want to grind for them again.

Hello fellow players & @[DE]Steve

Seeing some update about that road map has burned a new flame in me for the coming future of Warframe.. but in the present time the alert system and the "paying for sleeping" is a bit bad for the new players.eg Initially when i wanted to farm Vauban's neuro it came after 5-6 months after the last vauban part alert & came at around 3 am in my time zone.

Also as i am not a veteran i cant complain about endgame stuff but i am a bit bored as there no new incentive to continue the grind.. grind is also now a bit on the time consuming side as seen in activities like floof hunting and fishing stuff.. this has made me not play warframe as much any more as i used to play when i was lower MR ... Forma is also a time consuming part as we need to re-level up the gear in order to use it efficienty and i also dont understand why we make meta builds if the low lvl enemies are oneshot by rank 30 stuff with not fully ranked mods and an average build...🤔

Hopefully i am expecting some changes or updates so that the amount time invested gives a good fruit in future content .... Liked the road map but the time lag between implementation and thinking of new ideas is very bad for players such as me ,due to not being able to give adequate time to the game due to time crunch  🤔🤔

Thanks a lot for reading this ..😁

Cheers and have a nice day 😎

Coffee ?

Excited for 2019!

All I know is that Melee 3.0 isn't complete without the following:

1) Camera pitch affecting attack direction. When enemies are below us on a ramp, and we look down to melee them, the melee plane of attack needs to tilt down towards them so they can be hit. Likewise for swatting down flying drones nearby. 

2) Ability to disable finishers, either on the equipment page or in options. Some builds really make use of finishers, but many builds become vulnerable trying to kill enemies single-file while their allies swarm over to fire on the unintentional finisher user. Don't force layers to slide attack or do some other trickery when another player is mindlessly spamming finisher procs everywhere. 

Thanks! Those will greatly improve melee quality of life. 

Dear Steve,

Will Wolfie there solve the continued spread of activites and systems in place on Warframe? Right now everything is disconnected, we need to do specific missions for specific purposes/resources and with only a few hours to play per day "I feel finner butter spread over to wider bread" (to quote Bilbo in LOR). Many things are created and because they serve 1 purpose, once that is achieved it is quickly discarted (just the other day I did an Infested Salvage and thought to myself: "This is really fun why don't I play this more often?... Oh right, no good/new rewards"). I hope to we see more Integration or/and Building-on-Top existing "mechanics" than just new shinny things.

Also, I am feeling more and more that the content(?) created is just there to "lock" me in the game. The Archgun launcher is an abrupt slap to the face (specially after Archwing Launcher), why wasn't this implemented to use in ALL archweapons from the get go? And the Profit Taker really "takes" everything... Vaulable resources (Atmos, Repeller, etc) are locked behind rank and RNG (with only 1 reward per mission, unlike Konzu or Eudico bounties) AND the missions don't even reward VOX SOLARIS standing? A member of my clan was even looking to trade for Atmos that he needed to rank up Vox Solaris and we couldn't even do THAT!... Looks shady, real shady Mr. Steve.

I've seen the number or players decreasing since last November and Fortuna did not help. With other triple A titles comming this year I don't think this helps the game or the Community at ALL.

Thank you for listening.

Love the direction the games been going in the last few years. Absolutely love you guys bringing the game to Nintendo switch too!

Cant thankyou enough how great this game plays in handheld. Keep reading our feedback and understand its all a result of the passion we've found from your work.

Just remember dont make any change unless it improves the game and the experience.

On 2019-02-13 at 12:08 PM, RhythmScript said:

It’s a riff on the term “pay to win” which refers to games where time-limited (and/or time-consuming) content is the only non-cash way of acquiring certain things; you can either stay up all hours of the night waiting for a specific alert, and kick yourself for missing it because you went to bed at 1AM and it went live at 4AM, or you can pay with cash to have the item now.

Basically, as Alerts exist now, you’re either Always Checking Warframe Tracker and dropping everything to do the relevant alert, or you have to pay. Since Wolf of Saturn seems to be converting Alerts into syndicate/standing challenges, you will be able to do them at the times of your choosing, and use accumulated standing to buy the special stuff.

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks!

this was posted last Wednesday on the 13th... we've been waiting on the next frame since last month. its nice you wanted to delay her release to release her with a quest (granted most of us are going to buy her and not do the quest) and release her with the melee changes. but uhh… its...its kinda been a minute since the last actual update..

I mean.. she looked done since she was last shown. the melee changes looked done since they were last shown (considering that its literally just getting rid of quick attack and inputting quick switching as well as directional ground slams which granted a warframe already has that -- zephyr, hoping that they'll be more to it at this point like a reticle change or reticle customization or something). Other than that, the only thing I can think of is new dialogues and a bounty in fortuna… for hildryn's quest...

can we atleast get a new workshop post or something to update us on the progress of the next actual update? I don't about anybody else but, I just log on do like 2 kuva missions, then sit around for like 5 minutes hoping for red text for an actual update then log off. I don't even need the kuva.

They really learned alot from last year, with content creators and the community criticizing how the year was a drag with long periods of content drought which DE thought could fill with TENNOGEN ( LMAO ).

They learned how to do even worse, cus it's the 20th of Feb and nada de nada saw the light, AT LEAST last year we had one frame already despite the fact it took 2 QoL passes and changes after the release and we had that huge weapons revisit which at least was SOMETHING.

Congrats !!! When i'm about to think i saw the worse of the worst ( between delays, announcements of features that are abandoned and never see the light or lack of content ) you truly succeed to surprise me once again !

Great start of the year...absolutely MARVELLOUS !!!!

43 minutes ago, arm4geddon-117 said:

They really learned alot from last year, with content creators and the community criticizing how the year was a drag with long periods of content drought which DE thought could fill with TENNOGEN ( LMAO ).

They learned how to do even worse, cus it's the 20th of Feb and nada de nada saw the light, AT LEAST last year we had one frame already despite the fact it took 2 QoL passes and changes after the release and we had that huge weapons revisit which at least was SOMETHING.

Congrats !!! When i'm about to think i saw the worse of the worst ( between delays, announcements of features that are abandoned and never see the light or lack of content ) you truly succeed to surprise me once again !

Great start of the year...absolutely MARVELLOUS !!!!

the tenno masamune that was suppose to be released with revenant (people keep calling it a two - handed katana, which literally, that's what a masamune is). AND everyone was super hyped for it since it was coming with its own stance.... I like how they didn't even mention this weapon since a rather large majority of the community was hoping for a new weapon type in game.

the giant grineer digging robots that were suppose to be in poe that got scrapped.

the chainsaw melee from ghouls that were said do-able and constantly asked for

hydroid,zephyr, mesa prime trailers are obviously not going to happen.

Khora took like 6 months (still don't know how you rush and delay something at the same time)

2018 -- every update was for tennogen for the same warframes over and over just about. 

2019 -- all but 3 warframe partners completely left warframe for anthem and apex. MEANWHILE, OUR LAST UPDATE WAS LITERALLY DECEMBER 18TH, 2018.

to be honest, we've should've already gotten hildryn last month. and then this month should've been equinox prime, next month wisp, after that ivara prime, and so on. But that's IF warframe was still dedicated to this release "windows" of theirs -- they've fallen off. Hildryn is about to be 2 months delayed come march 1st.

and in between those release dates somewhere -- all the "events" and "content" they promised on their little whiteboard.

*looks around*

where they at?

oh war on grineer, corpus, and infested?

*If you're a newer player the rewards from them are arguably "ok"*

a primed variant of a warframe that has no synergy anymore, get ready to use one ability over and over. Oh, you only get 10 of each relic, don't forget about rngesus where it normally takes at max 20 rads for that one primed part you want. Although I remember needing literally 54 rads for mirage prime when she first came out.

boosters?

who actually needs boosters? affinity, resource, credit boosters? 

oh right, newer players. 

ember and frost prime unvaulting.

….is ember prime even worthe 40p rn? Literally, if I had a set I would just give her away for free to some poor and unfortunate soul who for some reason wants her. 

56 minutes ago, Cubewano said:

tomorrow according to de staff tweets

The twitters imply next week for the update, this Friday for a Devworkshop thread. The Devstream was moved to next week mentioning that this update is being worked on for next week.

Archived