Jump to content
[DE]Steve

Whiteboards & Roadmaps: an Update

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Urlan said:

The twitters imply next week for the update, this Friday for a Devworkshop thread. The Devstream was moved to next week mentioning that this update is being worked on for next week.

yup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hace 21 horas, RedToothKaki dijo:

the tenno masamune that was suppose to be released with revenant (people keep calling it a two - handed katana, which literally, that's what a masamune is). AND everyone was super hyped for it since it was coming with its own stance.... I like how they didn't even mention this weapon since a rather large majority of the community was hoping for a new weapon type in game.

the giant grineer digging robots that were suppose to be in poe that got scrapped.

the chainsaw melee from ghouls that were said do-able and constantly asked for

hydroid,zephyr, mesa prime trailers are obviously not going to happen.

Khora took like 6 months (still don't know how you rush and delay something at the same time)

2018 -- every update was for tennogen for the same warframes over and over just about. 

2019 -- all but 3 warframe partners completely left warframe for anthem and apex. MEANWHILE, OUR LAST UPDATE WAS LITERALLY DECEMBER 18TH, 2018.

to be honest, we've should've already gotten hildryn last month. and then this month should've been equinox prime, next month wisp, after that ivara prime, and so on. But that's IF warframe was still dedicated to this release "windows" of theirs -- they've fallen off. Hildryn is about to be 2 months delayed come march 1st.

and in between those release dates somewhere -- all the "events" and "content" they promised on their little whiteboard.

*looks around*

where they at?

oh war on grineer, corpus, and infested?

*If you're a newer player the rewards from them are arguably "ok"*

a primed variant of a warframe that has no synergy anymore, get ready to use one ability over and over. Oh, you only get 10 of each relic, don't forget about rngesus where it normally takes at max 20 rads for that one primed part you want. Although I remember needing literally 54 rads for mirage prime when she first came out.

boosters?

who actually needs boosters? affinity, resource, credit boosters? 

oh right, newer players. 

ember and frost prime unvaulting.

….is ember prime even worthe 40p rn? Literally, if I had a set I would just give her away for free to some poor and unfortunate soul who for some reason wants her. 

 

Someone had to say it. 

Well done. 

Edited by (PS4)robi191291
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-02-20 at 2:15 AM, lexandritte said:

Are we getting workshops or updates this week?

No the devs are busy playing anthem.

  • Haha 2
  • Woah 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, RedToothKaki said:

the tenno masamune that was suppose to be released with revenant (people keep calling it a two - handed katana, which literally, that's what a masamune is). AND everyone was super hyped for it since it was coming with its own stance.... I like how they didn't even mention this weapon since a rather large majority of the community was hoping for a new weapon type in game.

the giant grineer digging robots that were suppose to be in poe that got scrapped.

the chainsaw melee from ghouls that were said do-able and constantly asked for

hydroid,zephyr, mesa prime trailers are obviously not going to happen.

Khora took like 6 months (still don't know how you rush and delay something at the same time)

2018 -- every update was for tennogen for the same warframes over and over just about. 

2019 -- all but 3 warframe partners completely left warframe for anthem and apex. MEANWHILE, OUR LAST UPDATE WAS LITERALLY DECEMBER 18TH, 2018.

to be honest, we've should've already gotten hildryn last month. and then this month should've been equinox prime, next month wisp, after that ivara prime, and so on. But that's IF warframe was still dedicated to this release "windows" of theirs -- they've fallen off. Hildryn is about to be 2 months delayed come march 1st.

and in between those release dates somewhere -- all the "events" and "content" they promised on their little whiteboard.

*looks around*

where they at?

oh war on grineer, corpus, and infested?

*If you're a newer player the rewards from them are arguably "ok"*

a primed variant of a warframe that has no synergy anymore, get ready to use one ability over and over. Oh, you only get 10 of each relic, don't forget about rngesus where it normally takes at max 20 rads for that one primed part you want. Although I remember needing literally 54 rads for mirage prime when she first came out.

boosters?

who actually needs boosters? affinity, resource, credit boosters? 

oh right, newer players. 

ember and frost prime unvaulting.

….is ember prime even worthe 40p rn? Literally, if I had a set I would just give her away for free to some poor and unfortunate soul who for some reason wants her. 

 

masamune was actually tied to melee 3.0 just heads up.anyone who thinks we would be getting that before melee 3.0 has to be kidding themselves.

probably because it was going to be a bad idea. things get scrapped in development process all the time. 

never heard of a ghoul with a chain saw.

you know fortuna, garuda, sacrifice, umbra, reverent, baruuk, chimera quest, also a bunch of new mods and weapons.  was in 2018 not 2019. so n tennogen was not the "only thing."

"completely left warframe."  RIGHHHT. if you watched any of there actual video you would realize none of them are actually enjoying anthem.

Warframes never had a dedicated release window. things get finished when they are finished. if you think your some god at programming, art design, animation, etc and can determine when they should meet "YOUR TIME TABLE."  then go apply to DE.

how i read the rest of your post.

"Me, Myself, and I."

your not the only player DE has to cater too.

How dare DE make stuff for new player. ( I smell elitism entitlement)

personally as some one whos played this game since 2013 i will be glad to have  affinity weekend so when i have to burn my opticor for opticor vandel it doesn't take an age to get that 7 foruma on it.and i actually am running low on credits after having to endo some primed mods fully and build a bunch of experimental kitguns and zaws so again speak for yourself.  54 raids for mirage? sounds exaggerated. i only needed 10. try running with friends. (and if you don't have friends go and make some)  I've had bigger issues getting none primes then primes. and the only time i ever spent money on this game.  50$ back in 2014 and that was for a bunch of color palettes.

also people are always going to want a prime frame. regardless of YOUR opinion on them. be it for the mass amount of mastery rank they give or just to try out there kit. or hell just to have them.

has DE slowed down on updating with new content?

yes is that necessarily a bad thing? no.

shesh how short everyone memories are i remember when people complained about DE releasing to much stuff and not working on bigger projects. now after they start working on bigger projects  like railjack, the new war, wolfs of saturn, completely reworking Jupiter and scrapping alert system for a brand new system.

all of a sudden everyone changes tack to "NOT ENOUGH UPDATES WHAA."

design-patterns-for-mobile-applications-

you want big updates with lots of stuff, then your going to have to wait longer. you want fast releases the your going to have to put up with lots of buggy messes and coding issues.

you can't have both.

 

 

the only complaint i can agree with is the prime trailers.

 

but honestly they don't really do much in terms of gameplay.

 

Edited by hazerddex
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 4
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hazerddex said:

masamune was actually tied to melee 3.0 just heads up.anyone who thinks we would be getting that before melee 3.0 has to be kidding themselves.

probably because it was going to be a bad idea. things get scrapped in development process all the time. 

never heard of a ghoul with a chain saw.

you know fortuna, garuda, sacrifice, umbra, reverent, baruuk, chimera quest, also a bunch of new mods and weapons.  was in 2018 not 2019. so n tennogen was not the "only thing."

"completely left warframe."  RIGHHHT. if you watched any of there actual video you would realize none of them are actually enjoying anthem.

Warframes never had a dedicated release window. things get finished when they are finished. if you think your some god at programming, art design, animation, etc and can determine when they should meet "YOUR TIME TABLE."  then go apply to DE.

how i read the rest of your post.

"Me, Myself, and I."

your not the only player DE has to cater too.

How dare DE make stuff for new player. ( I smell elitism entitlement)

personally as some one whos played this game since 2013 i will be glad to have  affinity weekend so when i have to burn my opticor for opticor vandel it doesn't take an age to get that 7 foruma on it.and i actually am running low on credits after having to endo some primed mods fully and build a bunch of experimental kitguns and zaws so again speak for yourself.  54 raids for mirage? sounds exaggerated. i only needed 10. try running with friends. (and if you don't have friends go and make some)  I've had bigger issues getting none primes then primes. and the only time i ever spent money on this game.  50$ back in 2014 and that was for a bunch of color palettes.

also people are always going to want a prime frame. regardless of YOUR opinion on them. be it for the mass amount of mastery rank they give or just to try out there kit. or hell just to have them.

has DE slowed down on updating with new content?

yes is that necessarily a bad thing? no.

shesh how short everyone memories are i remember when people complained about DE releasing to much stuff and not working on bigger projects. now after they start working on bigger projects  like railjack, the new war, wolfs of saturn, completely reworking Jupiter and scrapping alert system for a brand new system.

all of a sudden everyone changes tack to "NOT ENOUGH UPDATES WHAA."

design-patterns-for-mobile-applications-

you want big updates with lots of stuff, then your going to have to wait longer. you want fast releases the your going to have to put up with lots of buggy messes and coding issues.

you can't have both.

 

 

the only complaint i can agree with is the prime trailers.

 

but honestly they don't really do much in terms of gameplay.

 

1. the masamune wasn't tied into melee 3.0, it was literally revenant's original signature weapon before it was changed to phantasma. (why do you think the masamune had revenant's style to it -- the whole ghostly sentient look? and if you had watched that dev stream when they had first showed it off -- THEY LITERALLY SAID IT THEMSELVES "THIS IS COMING WITH REVENANT" where it at then?)

2. the fact that you havn't heard nor seen the ghoul chainsaws nor the whole debate on making it a weapon wieldable by tenno nor the dev stream where the guy literally said "we're working on it" --  speaks volumes.

3. after the ghoul chainsaw quote I skipped everything else you had typed since I assumed it would be as ignorant as the previous two points.

4. this isn't a big update. its a new warframe/warframe bundle. a new quest for the warframe. and melee 2.9. GRANTED --- after waiting this long for it, I'm willing to bet that they're going to try and toss in the whole wolf of Saturn thing and Jupiter tyle set's rework into this update and maybe the next tennogen round -- because -- my god this game is dry af right now, and it needs a big update at this point.

5. "you want big updates with lots of stuff, then your going to have to wait longer. you want fast releases the your going to have to put up with lots of buggy messes and coding issues. you can't have both." -- first off, yes you can get a fast release of new content with absolutely 0 bugs. try playing literally any other game besides warframe that fits (popular/good games obviously). Secondly, never in the history of warframe has DE ever released an update that was bug free no matter how long we were forced to wait. So please, don't even try to defend them on that aspect, its just laughable. A for effort to DE though, they're getting a little bit better at the scripting.

Oh, btw -- I scrolled up for a moment to actually try to read what you said and .. i'm sorry how long have you played warframe to actually think warframes didn't have a release window? I've already explained the whole release windows thing -- i'm not going to read the rest of this, please refer back to point 3 as to why lol

  • Haha 2
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hazerddex said:

masamune was actually tied to melee 3.0 just heads up.anyone who thinks we would be getting that before melee 3.0 has to be kidding themselves.

oh one last thing I want to mention -- Khora was the one who was tied into melee 3.0 because originally her 3rd ability was going to switch her damage types out between puntuce,impact, and slash. They wanted to figure out how to tone down slash while also making puncture and (especially) impact better or just as good. Which is why she got delayed and rushed at the same time for I think 6 months then got nerfed and buffed and buffed some more as well as your usual bug fixes.

 

that is all

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, RedToothKaki said:

1. the masamune wasn't tied into melee 3.0, it was literally revenant's original signature weapon before it was changed to phantasma. (why do you think the masamune had revenant's style to it -- the whole ghostly sentient look? and if you had watched that dev stream when they had first showed it off -- THEY LITERALLY SAID IT THEMSELVES "THIS IS COMING WITH REVENANT" where it at then?)

2. the fact that you havn't heard nor seen the ghoul chainsaws nor the whole debate on making it a weapon wieldable by tenno nor the dev stream where the guy literally said "we're working on it" --  speaks volumes.

3. after the ghoul chainsaw quote I skipped everything else you had typed since I assumed it would be as ignorant as the previous two points.

4. this isn't a big update. its a new warframe/warframe bundle. a new quest for the warframe. and melee 2.9. GRANTED --- after waiting this long for it, I'm willing to bet that they're going to try and toss in the whole wolf of Saturn thing and Jupiter tyle set's rework into this update and maybe the next tennogen round -- because -- my god this game is dry af right now, and it needs a big update at this point.

5. "you want big updates with lots of stuff, then your going to have to wait longer. you want fast releases the your going to have to put up with lots of buggy messes and coding issues. you can't have both." -- first off, yes you can get a fast release of new content with absolutely 0 bugs. try playing literally any other game besides warframe that fits (popular/good games obviously). Secondly, never in the history of warframe has DE ever released an update that was bug free no matter how long we were forced to wait. So please, don't even try to defend them on that aspect, its just laughable. A for effort to DE though, they're getting a little bit better at the scripting.

Oh, btw -- I scrolled up for a moment to actually try to read what you said and .. i'm sorry how long have you played warframe to actually think warframes didn't have a release window? I've already explained the whole release windows thing -- i'm not going to read the rest of this, please refer back to point 3 as to why lol

what you think your saying. "I have a very educated objective opinion."

what your actually saying "but what about ME it should be what I WANT. not about new players or other players or players who play differently then ME!"

they actually mention melee 3.0 in dev stream. anyone who paying attention knows that it would actually be tied to that and not the reverent. you honestly think they would release an entire new weapon type for melee while they were working on melee 3.0? only to have to go back and rework that entire weapon type again to fit with melee 3.0

oh god i don't know/care ghoul enemies weapon as a melee weapon when we literally are bleeding  melee weapons out the wood works  how dare i have an opinion.

says the person who thinks fortuna, garuda, sacrifice, umbra, reverent, baruuk, chimera quest, also a bunch of new mods and weapons. were not released in 2018 and only tenno gen was. where were you during 2018?

like how the war within had a release window that it met. oh wait. or the sacrifice. oh wait it didn't or UMBRA. yes i am notice a release window?l of no release windows?

its shows how little you know what your talking about when you say railjack, the new enemy faction, new war, completely reworking how alerts work, melee 3.0 which will overhaul the  dozens melee mods. isn't a big update.

also DE doesn't have AAA work force size. expecting AAA timing when most AAA game companies can't even deliver on the quality warframe has is kinda sad.

also

dark souls 1-3 all still have bugs.

monster hunter world has bugs

Doom 2016 still has bugs

Xcom 2 has bugs that never got patched and have to be modded to fix.

elder scrolls skyrim (what ever edition.) still has bugs

 

Image result for you're a sad strange little man

this is not a debate your too self centered to actually be considered some one to debate with.

also your 3rd. "point." shows your not good at debates.

only shows you have no actual counter argument and are trying to blow it off. but nice strawman.

 

 

as for your other comment with khora that was for damage 3.0 not melee 3.0

(which we still don't have damage 3.0 probably after they sort out melee weapons.)

Edited by hazerddex
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's strange that so many want to give DE passes on some of the bug-laden messes that get tossed out and never fixed. The team is smaller than some studios, but it's tiny by no means. The issue with the continual bugs is development that runs all over the place with too little focus on finishing touches and clean up. The UI update is incomplete and was released in an unnecessarily unpolished state. PoE still has bugs that have existed since it's launch, some of which end up making entire runs go to waste. Fortuna has its own suite of bugs. Weapons/cosmetics get broken during updates and languish that way for months; sometimes they never get fixed. Frame rates have never returned to max for some people since the particle update and despite sending in logs as requested the source of the issue has never been located and repaired.

I give credit where it's do and am glad to see things like the removal of raids in order to repair them to a functional state. I wish things along those lines were the focus of more development time going forward so that the game could really shine in all the ways it's capable of doing so. It sounds like the Gas City update might be more in that vein so here's hoping. Fixing what already exists and making it work as it should will yield a lot more retention than pumping out broken content. There's lots already in the game that's underutilized and again, from the sound of the roadmap the focus is on rounding out and revamping current systems and making what comes next turn out for the best. I'd love it if more players supported the idea of the happy middle ground of content balanced with fixes rather than running headlong towards and constantly shouting for something new.

Edited by True_Naeblis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@hazerddex Quality takes time?

Yes normally, but just look at the recent content they released, especially For Tuna took forever and was as buggy/flawed as PoE.

Nothing against defending your favourite game/developers, but without criticism DE wont ever improve (atleast if they aknowledge the criticism)

and it wasnt even a good defense either...

Edited by RAZORLIGHT
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-02-13 at 10:39 PM, [DE]Steve said:

waiting

for "Enemy and AI" feedback subforum.

No, seriously...enemies are stagnated.

     From recent previevs i only saw hit reaction improvement.  Do they duck and dash to cover after getting damaged? Not that clever yet. 

Also, Melee 3.0 Enemy tweaks?  Heavy units getting resistant to staggers, melee launching and CC abilities, while Lighter ones can recover from knockdown faster.... or something like that?

Better melee attacks for enemies? Let em use their Sheev/Prova fast too?  Give em ability to block "simple" combos? Heavy, block breaking attacks?

 

Need that subforum anyways.  You know...The Data. Forum Chorus. 

 

#makethesergeantgreatagain.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kainosh said:

for "Enemy and AI" feedback subforum.

No, seriously...enemies are stagnated.

     From recent previevs i only saw hit reaction improvement.  Do they duck and dash to cover after getting damaged? Not that clever yet. 

Also, Melee 3.0 Enemy tweaks?  Heavy units getting resistant to staggers, melee launching and CC abilities, while Lighter ones can recover from knockdown faster.... or something like that?

Better melee attacks for enemies? Let em use their Sheev/Prova fast too?  Give em ability to block "simple" combos? Heavy, block breaking attacks?

 

Need that subforum anyways.  You know...The Data. Forum Chorus. 

 

#makethesergeantgreatagain.

Take my upvote.

Enemy ability use could use a look. Maybe cut down on the spam and instead have enemies try to combo abilities instead? Fewer instances of CC and the like under more predictable conditions (and thus, more reasonable dodgeable) but more significant if you get caught.

  • Satisfied 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@@[DE]Steve

looks like a lot to get done / hopefully not super stressful.

  • Any chance there will be a Riven mod capacity adjustment....  (90 doesn't seem to be enough for every weapon in game)
  • Syndicate Weapon additions?
  • Any chance to add a module for the ship (missing one to the right of the syndicate - maybe an earth/cetus clock)?
  • Tennogen Noggles?
  • Umbral Forma's?
  • Lunaro Rework/removal?
  • PVP-Conclave - rework (go in with normal builds / no conclave load out)?
  • Dojo room capacity increase (since we're crafting rooms for decorating / contests)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-02-13 at 8:39 PM, [DE]Steve said:

ynvblOoai-lRuQX8Pd6egZZI31S2R0CiOitfSrsAWlNu364Gufhv6Jm4qy9uK_kqqTneKP-c1AD8Erf3KNHTwoadntrwzKelcz7-LUa1d8Bzyvp0CQADjMThOpe64WIkL7AG7hXZ

My honoured Tenno,  

I hope you like my arrows - if you don't feel like reading, those arrows are what we're developing to ship soon.

 

  • Warframes 3: You've seen Hildryn and Wisp (two of the three upcoming Warframes).
  • Deck 12 - Exploiter: There's been cryptic videos in both of this year's Devstreams... blink and you'll miss it. Something is coming and I'm not just thinking about the Opticor Vandal.
  • The Gas City has been developing week over week and it's way more than 'just' an art remaster.
  • Melee: is something I tweet about (maybe too much)?
  • The 'Wolf of Saturn' stands out as something that replaces Alerts, gives challenges, and introducers new characters.

But it's February - and none of it's live. We are developing it all - and pushing ourselves to deliver innovation and quality very soon (because we know you're probably bored waiting).

Sooooon:

  • You can expect a full Melee Phase 1 workshop with diagrams, videos, and information next week. This tells you everything you need to know about our roll out plans and changes. The Melee changes themselves aren't coming this week.
  • You can expect a full 'What's happening to Alerts' workshop next week as well - bye bye 'pay to sleep'.
  • In the coming weeks, the Wolf will howl.
  • Also in the coming weeks a PC mainline update that brings you Hildryn, 'Exploiter', and Melee Phase 1 (it'll be part of the mainline, not coming this week).

Now I have to go finish all these things with the team, send coffee.

 

*reads whiteboard* * gets excited* *sees picture of literal white board* awhhh Q_Q I was hoping this was about new k-drive parts and mods T_T cause snowboarding :< ;_; I love the idea of having more combinations possible and fancy mods to get even faastuurr~ OwO!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Instead of a jupiter rework why not just make the new tiles rework one of jupiter's moons. And i know some of them is nodes just rename them.

Edited by b4timert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where is the archwing, chase down the the annoying bomber dropship mid-level air to ground gameplay? (The missing fun reminder)!!!

And add weapon usage of some sort to hoverboards and better control for it?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is there a reason a reason why you guys over at DE aren't discussing a better and more fair way to improve the in game market system when it clearly recognizes we already own parts of the product that is being sold at full price especially in deluxe bundles as well as other bundles that aren't discounted, like the garuda bundle for example. I just earned her for free as well as the weapons in the fortuna grand bundle, even though it was a huge grind, the bundle still says I own half the bundle already and yet the price is still at 960 plat. the other garuda collection bundle says I own 2 of items already in the bundle that is still yet again being sold at full price for 565 plat.

this tells me that Digital Extremes does not give a sht about their community in the slightest since it has been 7 years since the Warframe has launched and this issue still hasn't been fixed. the whiteboard says it all since the market system hotfix was no where to be found. bravo DE, bravo.https://youtu.be/_z0jbB3oIfY is my review of your marketing strategy.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

would be awesome if they launched empyrean day of tennocon....  since its been a year now since we first saw it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-02-13 at 2:39 PM, [DE]Steve said:

Now I have to go finish all these things with the team, send coffee.

What kind of coffee? o.O

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-07-01 at 10:28 PM, (PS4)SCHEISER said:

would be awesome if they launched empyrean day of tennocon....  since its been a year now since we first saw it.

HAHAHAHA

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's kind of great going back through all of this, and seeing where people are willing to plant their flag.

 

First off, DE has been working on this game longer than any other developers with the exception of WoW.  Please remember there was a starter drive, then closed beta, then the ongoing open beta.  Years later we are still in an open beta, and if you read the ToS you'll have to understand that literally nothing is finished or ever promised to be finished.  You click through that agreement, and fail to see that there's literally no push or reason to make this game officially not a beta.

 

Next, DE isn't altruistic.  They are a company developing a product, designed to intake enough funds to continue development indefinitely.  They do this by offering cosmetics, and certain progress limiting items behind a pay wall.  Read: if you can live with the limited "free" slots awarded then you either grind and burn content or are fine being MR 10 at best.  This isn't bad, but it must be acknowledged because the business model has to sustain them while they're floating between content patches.  If you want something else go buy an indie title.  What is pushed out the door is generally feature complete, and there's no in-game purchases because you spent the money up-front.  I'd suggest Enter the Gungeon, Stealth Bas****s, or any other number of good titles offering shooter game play and devoid of the shenanigans.

 

DE's bugs aren't excusable.  Likewise, the bugs from other games are not excusable.  My favorite example is Bethesda's Fallout 3 and 4.  3 was a buggy mess, 4 is a buggy mess, and the first thing most people install is the community unofficial patch.  It was "ok" because of the mod support, and then they released Fallout 76.  Dumpster fire.  Mods still not supported, bans for something as simple as resolution mods, and tying frame rate to physics is a failure of epic proportions.  You'll note that Fallout 76 is not doing well.  Let's look at the other end.  A couple of developers, releasing a complete game, which had to be pushed up due to leaks, and then constantly adding more content with bug fixes which didn't take dozens of pages or require 12+ months.  The game in question is Terraria, with Red being the sole developer for a long time (there were/are others, but the whole team is the size of the DE streaming group).  This may sound harsh, but Warframe should focus on being like Terraria, not being slightly less buggy than Fallout 76.

 

7 months down effectively.  Railjack is literally more than a year in the making, with nothing but scripted trailers.  It's promise is to bring the disparate bits of this game together....I look forward to being impressed but hold none of my breath.  2 frames out, Wisp and Hildryn.  2 frames demonstrates, Grendel and Gauss.  Gauss steals the charge of Baruuk, speed of Volt, units of Mag (yes, magnetic flux density), and it's claim to fame now is running over water.  Still waiting on Melee 3.0 a year later, with the gradual changes seeming to not be enough to not frustrate.  I for one hate that quick melee from the scanner requires reselecting the scanner.  More frustratingly, block stunning means that you can literally die by bullet penetration because the melee weapon was out and you couldn't fire back in a horde situation.  Amalgams are good...except the broken scaling is still an issue and their erratic movement isn't a challenge so much as a frustration.  They'd be better if the regularly spawned as an even, like the G3; also the miserable drop rates mean that you can at least farm for war parts at the same time as Odomedic and Gale Kick.  The less said about all that still needs to be fixed with Nightwave the better.  I'll agree that earning a single warframe slot every 12-13 weeks is better than not, but with 65 current frames and an average of 8 new frames every 52 weeks you'll literally never be able to earn anything more than enough slots for the primes.  It's not been on the whole a great year for content, unless you love that tennogen.  Joking aside, fashion frame is endgame is a depressing reality.  Especially when Umbra level power is 4 per year at a maximum, with Aura forma costing so many forma and having such a terrible drop rate (if a new player can even earn aura mods consistently) that new power isn't just grind locked but obfuscated behind a pain wall.

 

So, is the board being followed in a meaningful way...?  I call it no.  Items there are being ticked off insanely slowly, and the amount of bugs is not shrinking.  I've run into 3 doors that refused to open in the last week, Kuva Siphons not spawning during the mission, and dozens of inst-kills because the enemy decided that spawning a nullifier 5 meters from my position while I was capturing a target (and thereby stripping protection) was a reasonable thing to do.  If the bugs were less aggressive I could agree that quality content takes time.  I have to disagree because nothing in Warframe launches well.  If Railjack launches, and the ship simply fails to load the outer hull texture I wouldn't be surprised.  This is why I don't agree that DE deserves the "just wait for it" acceptance.  They deserve to be pushed to create content consistently, and to fix the bugs they inevitably cause.  Heck, letting them get away with half baked deliveries emboldens more promises that they cannot keep.  DE deserves criticism, lest they become Bioware or Maxis.  To those who don't have the same background, both Bioware and Maxis evolved the most under heavy criticism.  Both of them lost their way when they became darlings, and people assumed that some magic made them invulnerable.  DE needs to not have that happen, given all the media praise offered for things like removing gambling mechanics (in the face of incoming crackdowns), and being "good" free to play when they actively allowed rivens to become a gambling black market.  It's our job to keep them honest, and the price of that is to heavily criticize that which we enjoy (and sound like "troll hate mobs" according to the developers).  If we want better we have to ask for it. 

  • Applause 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What i know so far

DE has multiple projects in the works , many that we know and many that we dont. When i do something is better to do one thing at a time , finish it and then move on to the next one.

Would it be better that we had new war right now and then railjack and then duviri and then reworks and then and then , one at a time and not all together at the same moment with no possibility to finish anything in time?

if i was DE i would have been frustrated being late all the time and not being like a month late but 1 or 2 years late for everything, no dates, no roadmaps , nothing for sure when you have 10 things on your hands you cannot hold nothing certain.

logic says just focus on one thing at a time for god sake and finish them in proper timeframe

i am bored with seeing things i will get a year later its lame

so the correct timeframe or roadmap is BUGS, UI, Quality of life Updates, Every new frame has a quest , old frame quests, prime trailers AND THEN lore lore lore New War, Railjack, Duviri, and everything else and all that one at a time , finish then next one

  • Like 1
  • Woah 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...