Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whiteboards & Roadmaps: an Update

[DE]Steve

On 2020-01-08 at 8:19 PM, yarl5000 said:

I think you will never be happy then if your view of "content" is so narrow and arbitrary. 

What about Jupiter rework then? It gave us a new boss fight (with lore) and gamemode it was something they worked on and finished and put out, it also gave us a whole new event, and new areas to explore on the Jupiter tiles, new scanables for more lore, new enemy type.

Also I don't think you know how project flow works.  Not everyone is needed all the time for a project.  You don't need the concept artist once that portion is done, the UI guys can have the UI set up before you have the cost balance done, your animation people won't be needed as heavily once their work is done and you want them working on the next thing since it takes so long at times. 

reworks its not new content

and project flow is nothing to do with having 10 projects at your hands. when animation artists have 10 project at their hands they will do slow work. its not that i dont know how it works its that i know how DE works and that is with no real planning.

• 4 weeks later...

rework other planets, regular warframe / purpose of non-prime warframe / regulate weapons / rework or add new features to nodes and operator content.

overall i see operators and orbitors/relay content stagnant, syndicates have a very outdated feeling and the loot is dedicated and masked or convoluted, no daily bonuses for visiting or allying, defeating traps and ninjas, partaking in pvp, or facing hordes proved unpaying and had no types of rewards to keep me going, i can picture some archwing items, hud improvements, new abilities, and mods as something promising, but i want to go back to learning more about each school focus without requiring a lense, maybe that some abilities for the operator unlock, or freeb-paths, passives for warframes for example are not always enjoyed or favorable, so with the operators focus on each school / string they could be improved, equip glyphs, sigils, and visiting relays is a decent way to get free loot, overall.

looking foward to anything that you can do with fortuna further the elevators and outdoor activities, more enemies, new loot and rewards for bounties, this can mean that other soldiers show up, or bosses, exploiter orb and the larger creatures and spiders have no convincing cosmetics or blueprints, you can add some scannign system to keep fortuna interesting to players who rather not engage, the scanners can be upgraded, UI rework is around teh corner, so i think its a good time to manifest the proper cetus and relay environments are missing new shops, new NPC and featuers for the bounties and rank systems to be somewhat exciting,

i picture a metronome or something like interesting lights and pets which we dong have for konzu or the other npc, fortuna has a lot of bells and whistles, they have kitgun, earth is large, venus is big , but they both lack more varients on the tilesets, this can be more interactive or explosive things, gathering items, tools, minning and fishing update can include other types of loot, nakak shells or pearls, and kuva, fish eat and scavenge all the time, especially in the orbvalis lagoons, those fish should always have items, and special attacks against the fishermen and playeers who shoot at the water, something that worked was adding the thunder rod, but this spear can be used in combat effectively, even with a riven or future modifications we have to think about how it could be upgraded before players get to the second dream or umbra,

citizens and relay life is boring from what i see, also the robotics in the players ships, dog gets bored, minigames and fun is locked behind each clan / dojo, so when players hear lunaro or pvp they throw-up and complain about awful loot, and i think the mood is a bit serious considering that the rewards are difficult to interpret or obtain at a low cap. Robotics # Kitparts, such as bowgens, crossbows and aughments for old weapons would be a quick addition for pvp, we have to consider taht not everyone want to pledge to a syndicate or know how to customize, so some temporary bonuses and boosters could be aquired from visiting some game areas, exploring and defeating enemies in some planets this can be included with the weather changes, or how they find some loot, drop, a chest! locker or something interesting could mean that they can temporarily shoot ice, or reload faster if they find a rift or remnant, such as a wisp from the plains of eidolon to be encouraging to pick up, ferrite and other veins/quatz can depress some weapons and warframes functions, movements can be enhanced or reduced to increase the playcap, or manifest guardians and deities, such as bees and honey, the forest guardians could appear if you kick the nest, excavators can be moldy or reactivated through a console to make earth maps better, and found jammed or requiring a key, this opens up lore and progg for syndicatese, and ordis / Cy introductions, 

i though railjacks and kuva lich content only problem was that they took a big bite out of new player content, and caused alot of pandemonium, i played all the way until i got my first lich and built my railjack, but i never felt really rewarded until i got to space, it took alot of days of abandonment and crafting before i knew to equip lenses to get focus points, so rail jack occasionally did reward a large sum of points for the operator schools, but it was nothing interesting to unlock or find, since the loot is warframe and ship based its a really bad place for new players who are willing to try new content, instead you could have cy and other new npc dwelve into the existing planets with fresh loot, new enemies or escapes from space, crashed ships, badguys who survived railjack, etc.

there should at least be some new tile set improvements or aftermath from the wars in space, cetus has some lowgrade shields built, but relays and other planets have nothing much of magic, and really outdated loot types which have no replay or recrafting bonuses, say i replay and i get a mesa neuroptics, its totally garbage to me, its sold for credits, instead of used for learning some further passives or ability modifyers, traits, and augments, randomized or temporary bonuses, i can get really crazy about how holding mesa's detached blueprint or head allows you to wield dual phamtoms and a ghost starts screaming, but thats somewhat thic, each planet has their own niches and lore to add quirks, vampire mode lacks things that are unpredctable or rewarding, but there is a lot to like, i woulnt mind seing more redveil and such enemies who are caught in a spell, or have OUTCAST or rebelled status on them, then they are like liches, kings of ice or aim to cause deficits in pvp and ranks, lunaro or rigged paly but it should also be rewarding, not horrible.

'd be good to see some riders head over to racing and arcade games from warframe, makes for interesting 
DLC of the Vent kids in Nintendo games, or EAsports, i cant think of any games befcause i only play warframe nowadays, but otherwise i'd say SSX, Sega racing and super mario / wii / switch / mii plaza, they can be round cartoons who are free like spaghetti.

Can we add fixing all the conclave bugs to the whiteboard? It's been many months now and people are still steamrolling entire matches with the crazy overpowered melee stuff since melee 3.0. I don't know who decided that all dual swords should kill every frame in 1 shot on slide attack, but that person is clearly making bad decisions. The telos boltace ragdoll is also not fun, especially since it often pushes players out of the map which even /unstuck cannot fix. Lastly, adding kuva bramma to conclave using its PvE stats so that it 1 shots everybody in a large AOE is obviously a mistake, but it's a mistake that would be extremely easily avoided if even one developer as much as remembered that conclave even exists.

1 hour ago, Sevek7 said:

Can we add fixing all the conclave bugs to the whiteboard? It's been many months now and people are still steamrolling entire matches with the crazy overpowered melee stuff since melee 3.0. I don't know who decided that all dual swords should kill every frame in 1 shot on slide attack, but that person is clearly making bad decisions. The telos boltace ragdoll is also not fun, especially since it often pushes players out of the map which even /unstuck cannot fix. Lastly, adding kuva bramma to conclave using its PvE stats so that it 1 shots everybody in a large AOE is obviously a mistake, but it's a mistake that would be extremely easily avoided if even one developer as much as remembered that conclave even exists.

yeah i love conclave to also have other new things, rework UI and rewards, maybe a daily booster or visitors bounties that one can complete like nightway, which allows the conclave to be visited regularly and popularized, i think conclave has a lack of enemies and is difficult to understand for most new players, and the loot is really grim since its mod based, and operators also get nothing, so am looking foward to seeing more than a few new robotic mods and zaws added, like exclusive dogs and captured animals with armor, like a pet bird is cool, or a few new robots and archwing gear/weapons, but also some amps, kitguns, and updates for the relay, this can be additional EQ animatons, music, and temperament to forge how the conclave feels upon entering there could be some different animations adn daily rewards, and each time you visit a randomized set of modifiyers, since there are so many planets and relays there should also be other NPC and reward types, preserving different seasonal events and gift shop which are usually removed is great way to allow new players to capture some free loot.

yeah there are some silly bugs and things which make conclave feel really monotone, i think that the bigger improvements will come once they add other announcers and reward types, loot, excavators, and additional targets or bonuses, this can be dogs and rolelrs, or a drop zone to defend in some maps for extra points or loot, gluphs, and ephemerals which ;ast temporarrily, or give some type of detriment or bonus, but doesnt have to overpower the otehr team, the pvp hall or lobby is extremely lonely and has no  incentives also, so alot of players will just run to the fridge, i did not know how to turn off the off-set feature on for a while so the only way i could play PVP was by inviting random players on my friends list and from my clan, pvp is really outdated and awful as far as i know, especially the rewards and per rank items, the incentives, and match/point/loot, there should be a few modes which lock players to one type of weapon and rewards based on those types of weapons can be mods and kit-parts like ZAWS and augments like arbitration, this lets players playtest and BETA new warframes, equipment and gear for participating, Destiny 2 has a crucibles LAB in PVP is really decent, but am looking fowards to DE adding more unique rewards, for those players still doing LUNARO, and PVP, at least give out more decorations, glyphs, and blueprints, gotta go.

Archived