Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Genesix6

If you can't remove standing cap, then make a separate one for spending item

Add 2 different standing, one is for ranking up and one is for spending. Now I know this useless to some players because they have reached max rank, but this actually improve the progression system in PoE and Fortuna a bit better, because when you are farming or grinding for stand, you can't spend any standing on anything because you will be delaying yourself to gain the next rank.

Also this would give the benefit to buy the atmo/repeler/gyromag system without delaying yourself.

5 minutes ago, Genesix6 said:

because when you are farming or grinding for stand, you can't spend any standing on anything because you will be delaying yourself to gain the next rank.

that's the point though: it's a time gate to stop people from ranking up too quickly and then complaining there is nothing else to do. without these caps, a syndicate wouldn't even take a day to rank up to maximum, which is no good when Syndicate Grind is supposed to be a large part of warframe.

I get it, you don't like timegates, nobody does, but they are there for a reason. 

The system we have now works fine. It's a time gate that forces you to think where you allocate points as you rank up.

21 minutes ago, Genesix6 said:

Add 2 different standing, one is for ranking up and one is for spending. Now I know this useless to some players because they have reached max rank, but this actually improve the progression system in PoE and Fortuna a bit better, because when you are farming or grinding for stand, you can't spend any standing on anything because you will be delaying yourself to gain the next rank.

Also this would give the benefit to buy the atmo/repeler/gyromag system without delaying yourself.

Nope, you must farm get over it. It's boring, it's long but we all did it. You have plenty of things to do while you wait and also it works as a good way to measure your investment in the game since Devs don't want you to burn out.

I wouldn't even worry about the open world content until your mr15+.  Complete all quests first.  Try to aquire and lvl all weapons and frames that you can and open all planets/nodes.  I tried POE when I was lower MR and just left it alone for several months after that.  Then after I'd done most of the content I could and had a much higher MR I went back and It was much better progression wise.  Thers so much content in this game that it's much easier to advance if you just tackle content in the order that it was released.

37 minutes ago, Genesix6 said:

You’re asking for twice as much standing.

It’s not going to happen.

At MR14, you can earn 15000 standing per day. That takes roughly 20 minutes or less depending on how you farm it.

15000 x 7 = 105000

20 x 7 = 140 minutes.

You can get 100k standing per week, by investing two hours per week, that really isn’t a tall order, by any means.

While I agree that the rank up standing issue can be irksome, the cap is reasonable. Increasing mastery rank has few advantages and increased syndicate cap is one of them. Not saying that it won’t change at some time, but for now a maxed player can acquire any of their top tier syndicate items in 5days tops.

I don't find the standing system as restricting as many make it out be.
1. Figure out what you want / need first and set that as a goal.
2. Pick your free rank up reward based on your goal.
3. Only buy the stuff you need to get to you goal and save remaining standing to rank up.

For example I prefer to get my standing from mining and fishing instead of bounties -> I prioritize getting better eqiupment for that. Next I checked out what I need for a specific Zaw and bought all the blueprints for it and for the gems & alloy I needed to craft the parts. Now I can just rank up to max and then start buying everything else when I feel like it. Tbh choosing your priorities and not trying to do everything at once is the key to this game.

These caps should only be annoying to veteran players who have done everything else, but these players also obtain the most per day. 

Where as new players shouldn't try to strive so hard in one area you are capable of doing 1-2 missions to cap out, go to plains & fortunately. MR3+?  Make sure your syndicate sigil is on, do their missions to gain more than just your grind cap. 

Do Samaria scans and his mission for beyond grind cap and an alright amount endo. 

Make sure your always building weapons & frames you need that are available to you, at first it might not seem fun to wait 12hours-3days but if you get in the rhythm something should always be waiting in your foundry when you log in. Also feel free to build a second thing you already have, you build your first Rhino or Frost & decide now you don't like them and don't have space.  Maybe you regret it later, well it's there in your foundry waiting. 

Once I decided I want to get to max MR I had to many things fully built to use in a few hours I have to play. 

Also really make sure you don't want a weapon before selling it, to many times I rebuilt something calling it garbage only to realize I was using it wrong. 

4 hours ago, Genesix6 said:

you can't spend any standing on anything because you will be delaying yourself to gain the next rank.

But that's the actual point: If we had separate standing for ranking up and purchasing stuff, it would result in a massive swarm of people with max rank that has purchased at least one syndicate weapon, syndicate syandana or captura existing, making their demand go lower. Also, it won't work, since Simaris doesn't have actual ways to rank up.

Also, spending standing is useful. I mean, at Fortuna and Cetus, you could get stuff that you need (fishing gears and mining gears, as well as blueprints), while Syndicates would provide you with arch-gun and arch-melee parts, mods or weapons that are locked into a reasonable rank, which encourages you to improve.

If DE removes the standing cap, or makes a separate one for purchasing stuff, what would accomplish? Nothing but disappointment, because low rank people would reach the maximum rank by simply saving their credits, trading prime stuff without the need of farming those, and THEN purchasing the rest with platinum.

4 hours ago, Genesix6 said:

This removes any consequence for your choices regarding Syndicates.  DE has shown a desire to implement consequences to the player for their choices, good, bad or neutral. 

This isn't going to change any time soon.