Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Moderators cant properly handle necro'd threads, deleted my newer thread. This one also completely pointless, now...

CazadorDeWulf

This is no realistic game so as far as i'm concerned i really don't care about Waframe being a real gun simulator or not. Most guns aren't even close to 21th century weapons anyway and if one is looking for more specific changes, we can mod our weapons at will. More rate of fire is really easy to get and if you're using prime shred you'll also shoot through doors, walls and large enemies like paper. Something you won't see much in real life with your typical assault rifle.

Tiberon is quite versatile, auto and semi-auto won't necessarily have different mods, we're far from debating about the Euphona prime here. Plus as someone above said i don't get the riven bait in the title. Threads need consistency.

Edited by 000l000

On 2019-02-14 at 7:51 AM, CazadorDeWulf said:

Do you not know what I mean, when I explain that this weapon's fire modes make no sense due to how real life works and that real life + other video games do this sort of mechanic a whole lot better, due to accuracy, familiarity, and the applicability of the following truths, given Stoner's brilliant engineering: 

you're trying to armchair general everyone in the room, but i'm afraid that doesn't work when you aren't correct.

your two main complaints are either out of context or just wrong:

• a Video Game where your Ship has 'Mods' and that no single Fire Mode is to replace all of the other Primary Weapons in the game, since you get all of them at once.
    • (complaining that Auto-fire doesn't outperform everything else in the game for Status application, but it doesn't have to since the Weapon has 3 fire-modes)
  • that you should be able to Macro-fire a Burst Weapon and get the full use out of it. Warframe is far from the only Video Game to simulate Bursting RPM this way, and it's.... pretty accurate to the downside that Burst carries. you can't just keep mashing the trigger at infinity speed and expect it to fire another Burst at infinity +1 speed.
    Shooters which uh, don't prevent oversampling... well let's just say that there is then nothing 'precision' or 'marksmanship' about Burst Weapons in such a case. and in such a case, Burst Weapons tend to need to be nerfed quite heavily to keep them from overperforming, which usually makes Burst Weapons just a bad meme. not Semi-Auto and being able to instantly or nearly instantly Kill, not Auto that has hit consistency and extreme ease of use - but something in between that requires Marksmanship, without rewarding it.
    • if you really want that, Battlefield 3 is calling your name, with an AN-94 that has basically infinite Rate of Fire, able to shoot WELL OVER the Fire Rate it is supposed to have.
    • so, a great solution for someone that wants to talk big about Firearms - get in sync with the simulated cyclic rate of the Burst Fire. especially in hopefully taking notice that the default effective Rate of Fire of Tiberon Primes' Burst mode is massively lower than any Burst Weapon in reality would ever be.
      • but that's okay since this is again, a Game with 'Mods', and that as a Video Game the Damage Output of the Weapon is relatively proportionate to how much Ammo it can throw down range. it's even leaning into favor of getting more Damage for the loss of Fire Rate that it has.

so again "i don't care about Stats" - Stats is everything. this is a Stats based game.

Hi @CazadorDeWulf,

After looking through your post history (specifically threads you have made), none of your topics have been removed by moderators.

Although you requested an old thread of yours to be removed, if you had already posted a new thread that discusses the same exact topic, the two threads were likely merged because they were not only discussing the same topic, but were posted within a short enough time frame of one another (in this case, about a month for your thread(s). 

Just because one of your threads was "old" (it wasn't even archived) doesn't mean it's fine to re-post it. If you feel something is still an issue, you can update the thread of yours that already exists if there is new information you want to include.

As for "necro'd" threads and having your old threads removed... You should make sure that when you request your old threads be removed you also are notifying the moderators (usually with the message you're using to report your post for removal) that you intend to re-post it, you should then wait for the thread to be removed (This is very important because if you re-post the thread before your old thread is removed, this may be interpreted as spamming and may result in threads being removed or merged), and once it has been removed by a moderator then you can re-post it.

I'm going to lock this thread now.