Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sancti Castanas Bugged/Acts really odd with a +Multishot Riven

nanaquewetung

I recently got a +Cold and +Multishot Riven for my Sancti Castanas, and its really showed how old and flawed the weapon is, with lethal torrent and Barrel Diffusion is always threw 3 explosives, and you threw 2 and couldn't throw anymore before detonating, well with my riven it has a lot of issues with that, it shows that it doesn't let you throw out more than 6 at all, so with my riven, what happens is sometimes it throws out 3, sometimes 5, even though it is suppose to be 4 and half the time 5, that aside what happens is that I have to detonate after every throw because half the time it throws out 5 and the next throw will only have 1 in it, also the spread of the stars is insane when it throws out 5, its absolutely unusable in its current state with a multishot riven, the weapon just feels outdated with how warframe plays now a days. Also for whatever reason when it throws 3, the next throw will only throw 2, which is just straight bugged becasue without the riven it throws out 3 then 3 for 6. :/

I feel that they should change it like they did the spira prime because just like the Castanas the spread gimmick is dumb and unusable even more so on the Castanas because it just get you killed.

It should have its max placed stars increased by a lot a tleast to 10 to accommodate rivens, and it shouldnt spread it should be accurate like all the other thrown secondaries, either that or is spread needs to be decreased by A TON.

Thanks for reading, sorry if its a bit lengthy but I really like this weapon and just want to have some fun with it with a Riven, and i want it to be usable.

my problem with castanas is that they dont have any compatability with melee combat, like it would be cool to kick and use martial arts if enemies got too close to your warframe because throwing at close range is just as good as punching, say it has some range based procs or passive attacks that work based on how close you are to the enemy that would determine how you throw or what the explosions can acomplish if you are far away then you can leave a candy trail or decoy, or some leyline trick, the husk and shells from seem very expensive like the price tag of the santi castanas, and should at least feature some modes that allow the players to retrive or use the untriggered, and dismantled devices to good use, sinec they arent always goign to be needed you could perform a duck/crouch to grab them from the floor, or to perfrom some charge up attack, i think its posible because if you dont throw any castanas you can still press the R3 on the remote to call up various tatus effects, or change the types of explosions and the mechanism or shot burst just like the semi-and auto you could then control the magic, last problem to address for the sancti and otehr castanas is that they need to carry a set of knives or pseudo weapon when you run out of ammo, i dont care what it is, a single small knives to swing around or set of smoke bombs to clear if you hurt your leg or are waiting for a team mate when you are on the floor, this games only weakness is that when you are down on the floor you cant melee or call up any abilities, the minimal thing to allow is for more passive traits to cover the games stealth and crouch modes, sprinting versus walking, and the  use of an operator while the warframe is down in the future before we see stance switching and gearslot alocations any changes would be appreciated.

congrats OP, you just learned why you Don't Want any Multishot on a Riven for Castanas.

Barrel Diffusion and Lethal Torrent already bring it to 3 bombs; a nice even multiple of the 6 max. 2 tosses then detonate.

Any Riven that offsets from that is just a waste.

Don't just blindly chase dam/ms "grolls" its not the end all. For castanas, aim for damage/elementals/crits instead.