Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ambulas and other assassinates on sorties need tweaking

Kaein

I cannot stress enough how mind bogglingly frustrating it is to do these. Some of them are reasonably doable. Vor, for example, is a fair boss battle in a sortie. Albeit tough depending on the modifier.

But this latest Ambulas sortie is inexcusable. Enemy elemental enhancement with an 80-100 level assassinate basically makes it to where your entire team gets 1 shot from the orbital cannon, and two shot from the Ambulas.

My squad spent several tries with several builds to get far enough to the second wave of ambulas, only to be absolutely murdered by the sheer amount of elemental explosions cannoning the area and essentially making us unable to be alive for more than a few seconds before going downed again. With us constantly being downed and revived by each other, nobody was doing the objective, which was pretty much an insta fail at that point.

When you add a modifier to a mission, it has to be more carefully considered what that mission is going to entail. Obviously elemental enhancement wouldn't severely affect a purely physical boss like say, Tyl Regor. Enemy physical enhancement wouldn't do too much insanity to the more elemental Sargus Ruk. These would enhance the difficulty without making it impossible.

But for god's sake be more contientious of how those kinds of modifiers can make a mission hard. This current sortie is pretty much impossible due to how those things stack up. Many of us players are tired of looking at the days sortie and realizing there's no way we can complete it, so why bother. Don't slap Sargus Ruk with an elemental enhancement otherwise anybody who even looks at him is going to be instantly burned to death and the mission will be a failure. Don't do physical enhancement to Tyl Regor or else it'll be a drag where he teleports and downs half your team and then vanishes while taking next to 0 damage making the sortie last till next week.

All I'm saying is, just limit the kinds of sorties and modifiers that can be together so they won't be impossible. Consider what the mission will entail, and decide from there what the possible modifiers can be in order to preserve difficulty without making it impossible. 

We love doing sorties. We love the special rewards at the end. Sorties can be really fun. Please consider what I have to say and give us some fixes to make the game more fun.

Thank you.

You do realize that 90% of the Ambulas' encounter damage can be avoided, right ?

When the dropship arrives, you just have to hide behind the containers to actually never be hit by the hard-hitting cannons. The big ship's homing beam and bombardment are... kite-able.

We did it with two Mesas yesterday, we only died when we brainlagged and went in sight of the cannons.

Actually I completed things like physical enhancement (slash) and elemental enhancement (toxin) for Ambulas and it's really not that bad.

Dropping one DPS (out of four) for a Bless Trinity isn't going to kill anyone.

3 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

You do realize that 90% of the Ambulas' encounter damage can be avoided, right ?

When the dropship arrives, you just have to hide behind the containers to actually never be hit by the hard-hitting cannons. The big ship's homing beam and bombardment are... kite-able.

We did it with two Mesas yesterday, we only died when we brainlagged and went in sight of the cannons.

True, it can be avoided early on. But later on the enemies start piling up. You get the bursas, ambulases, the cannons, and other spam that show up all at once. With all of that dropping at once, its hard for anyone to avoid all of that. Healing didn't seem to help much either, given that the squishy healer (me) didn't survive long enough to do much healing with the lack of armor caster frames have. If I even got a mean look from an enemy moa, my frame went down.

Its just a really difficult battle that is excessively hard for something that is supposed to be completable by mid game players. By contrast, yesterdays sortie was an absolute pleasure to do and it was a spy.

13 minutes ago, Kaein said:

True, it can be avoided early on. But later on the enemies start piling up. You get the bursas, ambulases, the cannons, and other spam that show up all at once. With all of that dropping at once, its hard for anyone to avoid all of that. Healing didn't seem to help much either, given that the squishy healer (me) didn't survive long enough to do much healing with the lack of armor caster frames have. If I even got a mean look from an enemy moa, my frame went down.

Mmh, your team was really slow DPS-wise then. I don't know what DPS-Warframes were in your group but enemies should just ... melt, nothing should ever "pile up". Anyway, hiding behind containers while keeping the de-activated Ambulas on sight will just ease the fight by 3000% by removing the Cannons.

I'm not even sure you're supposed to have any Bursa during this encounter. Did you leave an alarm on while running to the Ambulas ?

I'm sure the mentality behind Sorties is that they are the type of high-level mission for the wider audience, but that doesn't mean that all of them are doable by just about anybody. I'm also sure there are many players enjoying the bigger challenge when it arrives (never mind the fact that there are sortie missions that fall into the completely different edge of the spectrum i.e. ridiculously easy, and yes, I'm looking at you Sarge). When missions are tough, you have sometimes to be lucky to complete them which often means that you have to get into a group, random or not, of people that can handle them.

I did that mission with a random group. There was a Revenant, an Ember, a Frost (me) and I can't remember the fourth one. Nothing special about the whole setup I guess. Judging by that, I don't think it's an impossible mission.

• Like 1

I've beaten it in the past solo using only Limbo. Plopped down a bubble to ensure a 1v1 and to protect against normal gunfire from the Ambulas. Stripped armour with Corrosive from my Scepter of Status, Scourge and then did the damage with Sigma and Octantis. Held the enemies back with another bubble, picking off anyone getting past the initial defence with Secondary weapon fire.

Certainly worked well enough after a botched first attempt where I didn't bring the Scourge for stripping.