Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What time/reason for mission failure?

vvambo

Question

Hiho,

I am a loot goblin, its nor curable sry, so if I'm alone in a mission I tend to try to check out every inch, look for ayatan star/sculptures, cephalon fragments and so on...

but it happened at least twice now, that after completing my objective (rescue squads / capture target) I was happily looting... and suddenly I got a mission failed screen.

I didnt really check whether the mission objective had changed away from "get to extraction", but I'm pretty sure I'd have noticed a countdown.

So my question is: what happened there? I am guessing it was a timeout thing, if yes, how long can I take before I have to go to extraction? Does it trigger by completing objective ? Taking dmg (dont think so), dealing dmg,  killing ?

I am even afraid to stay and look for stuff now 😞

5 answers to this question

Rescue can fail if the hostage dies and is not revived. I had the case a lot recently where I didn't have any sound when he was down instead of shooting "Help, please", that's quite easy to miss if you don't have this indication.

Captures can only fail if you don't Capture the guy, i.e. you just "kill" him but don't press X. He'll die a few seconds after, failing the Capture.

You can also fail Sabotages after having done all the steps. Usually the ship will finally explode in the end, but in this case you have a 1-minute countdown to urge you to extract. I think that occurs like... 10 minutes after the sabotage maybe ?

Sabotages on Mars also have a 5-minute countdown before the base blows up, but this one is shown too.

Edited by Chewarette
  • Like 1

I am not really talking about obvious reasons to fail... hostage dead, capture target away / dead, those all make sense and are quite immediate...

The sabotage is also "kind of" announced, the Lotus is telling me to get out bc stuff explodes...

Isnt there anything known about  "idle fail" or sith along those lines?

Something similar happened to me too, I was on Lua trying to solve one of the puzzles, took a massively long time. A timer popped up on my screen, counting down, and the mission fails when it hits zero. But this shouldn't happen just like that, without any warning. I've read here a few days ago that someone else had the same problem as you, if you are sure there was no timer, might be a bug. 

No, in my case it gave me a "failed mission" screen, progress and collected things were lost. (Found an ayatan sculpture the one time, so I was sure loot was lost)
Was a still "blue" node, too. Had to redo the mission to unlock it.

For now, gonna try to check the clock for the 20min.

Edited by vvambo