Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Khora good? Is she worth the plat?

(PSN)TuggerTigerRoar5

Question

She's a fun and decent close-range DPS frame. Tanky, deals a ton of damage with her 1, even more if you combine it with her 2 and 4, and is pretty good at staying alive with her Kavat.

I wouldn't recommend buying any base frames with plats, though.

Edited by KnossosTNC

"I don't really think that there can be a trash frame, just different playstyles", Totally agree with you but hey, their lose 😩

On topic: Farm her, unless the RNG really really not in your favor then consider buying. Dont think there's a frame that "must" be bought with plat(unless vaulted that's a different problem).

I was very lucky getting her parts, only took me a couple tries. So far I like her a lot, great CC, it's durable enough and you can use Venari offensively to strip armor or as a healer to protect NPCs and objetives. A perfect match if there is an Oberon in your group and you like to use an extra kavat/kubrow instead of a sentinel.

Get her playing the game at your pace, save your plat for things harder to get like vaulted primes for example.

you want a simple answer, Yes.

If you have gotten bored of the RNG to farm her and you want to buy her then MOST DEFINITELY she is worth it.

her whip is devastating if you build it right. synergises VERY well with her other skills

and venari her kavat can keep arbitration defense targets alive.

if you don't get khora you are losing out.

Warframe0212.jpg?width=1214&height=683

Edited by SilverRook

She's very good and not really hard to farm. Maybe a bit time consuming, but easy enough. 

She's fairly tough, very mobile, has organic recovery, and can do devastating damage. She also has significant hard CC--she essentially is Vaubon with teeth. Long, nasty, pointy ones. 

Most importantly, she's a lot of fun to play. 

• Like 2

Khora has:

- very good to amazing CC skills

- very good healing and defensive support

- exceedingly high point defence capabilities

- very high to impossibly high resilience via her Venari augment (infinite free revives) 

- ludicrous AoE damage potential, i regularly crit for upwards of 5mln damage

- a very fun and spammy playstyle that's really satisfying; nothing like casting one well placed ensnare on an ESO run and seeing 30+ mobs evaporate on your whiplash

It's like someone rolled into one frame the best parts of Oberon, Excalibur and Vauban. She's #*!%ing amazing. 

That said i still wouldn't recommend spending plat, it's better to just grind her out imo.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

I wouldn't buy a Frame with 2 and a half abilities, so no. Farm her instead.

Her 1 is good (when augmented).
Her 2 is good.
Her 4 is good.

That's already 3, and I'd call Venari "decent", so no idea where you got the 2,5 from because I'm getting 3,5 which is something many frames can only dream of.
I know it's popular to hate on Khora's 4 (thanks for that, Brozime parrots) but it was recently used as area denial for a 14+ hour Kuva survival record attempt. If that's what a bad ability can do, hell, I'll take it.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, marelooke said:

Her 1 is good (when augmented).
Her 2 is good.
Her 4 is good.

That's already 3, and I'd call Venari "decent", so no idea where you got the 2,5 from because I'm getting 3,5 which is something many frames can only dream of.
I know it's popular to hate on Khora's 4 (thanks for that, Brozime parrots) but it was recently used as area denial for a 14+ hour Kuva survival record attempt. If that's what a bad ability can do, hell, I'll take it.

Abilities shouldn't be only good after the augment, that's a problem.

Her 2 is okay at best, and slow. And the fact that the original target's death means losing the entire ability is really bad.

Her 4 is a slight upgrade to her 2. Rehashing abilities with some tweaks in the same Frame's kit is really bad.

Venari is an absolute waste of an ability slot.

Finished getting her to 30 the other day for the first time, can say that it is a whole lot of fun during defense maps to hit her 2 on the first enemy in a wave and watching the rest of the line stack up in one spot as they get ensnared as well. Then you just run over and hit her 1 to whip crack them all and watch them either drop or refresh the snare.

I think with either some range or duration increases her 4 could work extremely well as an area-of-denial effect. Would work extremely effectively on the map Hydron uses at the staircases.

Wasn't able to figure out how to best use her 3 yet. Need to research it.

30 minutes ago, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

Her 2 is okay at best, and slow. And the fact that the original target's death means losing the entire ability is really bad.

Her 4 is a slight upgrade to her 2. Rehashing abilities with some tweaks in the same Frame's kit is really bad.

Not sure her 1 is "bad" without the augment, but it is insanely good with it, to be sure.

I'm not sure I agree about her 2 and 4 being similar. One is simple targeted CC, the other is area denial. I consider her 2 to be like Frost's 2 and her 4 like Frost's 3 in that respect.

I'll agree about her 2 being slow, unless the enemies are high enough level that the damage modifier matters I doubt most people bother with it (including yours truly), just slap them with the whip and get it over with.

If you build for her 1 then her 4 doesn't qualify as an upgrade to her 2 though, as it doesn't give the 200% damage bonus when hitting domed enemies nor does it count domed enemies for the augment (have to hit them with the whip itself). So her 4 doesn't really make her 2 superfluous.

But I can see where you're coming from, even though I disagree on some points 🙂

Edited by marelooke
typo
  • Like 1

On 2019-02-14 at 4:14 PM, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

you clearly haven't played khora NEARLY enough.

1 scales with melee mods - including rivens.

2 ensnares targets can be built for massive range and can also be cast on on targets in strangledome to drag even more targets into the dome. the original target can die and those ensnared still hang about and it you whip THOSE they then ensnare people too. just whip everything!!!

3 venari is pretty passive unless you want to keep things alive - in particular defense targets. bloody life saviour that one !

4 oh boy the strangledome - area denial skill. built for max range can lock down entire areas - couple it with her 2 (see above) to snare more targets and ALL sharing damage whipped into the dome and with her augment basically giving you bloodrush for her whip?  how is this a rehashing of another ability

the damage output khora has is obscene if you build her right. i have 

• Like 2

On ‎2019‎-‎02‎-‎14 at 11:42 AM, marelooke said:

Not sure her 1 is "bad" without the augment, but it is insanely good with it, to be sure.

It's not bad by any stretch of the imagination. The augment isn't necessary out of the box. The augment only comes into its own when enemy levels get very high--higher than you normally see on the system map. 

The aug is very good, though, and can be used to make up for a low strength build. This is assuming enhanced energy generation and/or high efficiency. Spamming powers can be more effective than One Big Hit and this is a case in point. 

Like many things in WF, there's more than one way to get where you want to go. 

• Like 1

I run a high range Khora. Not maxed though. This leads to

1 - spammable "cone" aoe until 34m, interacts with 2 and 4

2 - ensnare a hard aoe disable with a 70m range + 23m radius, interacts with 1 and 4

3 - venari doing catly things

4 - strangledome a hard aoe disable, not needing LoS, with 11m radius + 23m grab radius + interaction with 1 and 2

My primary working from 0-40m (prob higher, simulacrum problems)

My secondary with no range limit.

Ensnare might take some seconds, but I mainly use it to line up guys for nidus, mesa and inaros. Corpus dropships which throw out an ensnared troops, while someone is waiting for them, is kinda funny. Or if someone complains about my dome, why not.. Im flexible.

On default I do not run the augment. On starchart or sortie 1-3 missions I simply have to kill stuff and with the augment its just overkill. I oneshot anyway nearly everything. If it gets harder I sub in the augment and go to town. 

This leads to a frame which starts to aoe disable at 70m, starts to do normaly damage at unlimited range (?), starts to do insane aoe damage at 35m. Plus being fast (!), plus 275 base armor. The bulk is her weakest part, but I cant have everything. Disabling enemies instead of more bulk, rocketed my survivability in high regions anyway.

Yeah, shes damn expensive (!) but worth it.

Edited by Fiewel
  • Like 1

Hey, 

I bought her and I absolutely love her. Her skills are good, she can be a tank, if you build her well. And she is indeed expensive but she was hella worth it. I am a Mag Main but she is good. I bought her right after she was released. Which cost me 375 plat, worth it. Worth it, really. But if I were you, just get the parts. You can still get her. But if you don't feel like it just buy her. 

Also, I agree, no warframe is trash. Only when you just start playing with them lol

Khora is great and scales well to higher levels.

I did try farming her but RNG was really not in my favour. In the end I bought her with a coupon because with a 50% coupon discount and the fact that she comes with her own slot (another 20p you don't have to spend) and a potato installed... makes it a no brainer.

On 2019-02-15 at 12:14 AM, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

You clearly don't know what you're doing with it, then. Yes, Attack mode is a little unreliable with how quickly Venari gets to the target, and Defend can feel redundant with so much hard CC in Khora's kit. They are currently situationally good for targeting lower-priority things while you are somewhere else. These modes could use some work. However:

Slot Venari with Pack Leader, Health Link and Hunter Recovery. Pop her into Heal mode and target yourself. Venari heals Khora for 50HP/sec plus Strength, plus whatever damage she deals, while you heal Venari for a percentage of your melee damage. This level of healing is really solid sustain on a frame that has tons of CC and pretty good AoE damage.

• Like 1

On 2019-02-14 at 9:44 AM, (PS4)TuggerTigerRoar5 said:

Hey, so I was wondering if khora is worth the plat or if she isn't viable. I've seen many comments saying that she is a trash frame (I don't really think that there can be a trash frame, just different playstyles) but I still think she's cool. Can you give me some of your opinions on her. 

Thanks

I pushed her towards a "tanky" path, mostly using her first two abilities (ensnare large groups, then whip them to death). Run her with a smeeta kavat and her new augment mod "accumulation whipclaw" , and watch her rip off faces! (breeze through missions)

I keep Venari in her healing stance, so I can throw a mark on anyone/thing in a "oh-sh**" moment. She's the only ingame mechanic that can heal a rescue target, a defensive target (people pod), and the kuva siphon (regardless of mission type). Most of the time, I'm marking a Tenno that just can't keep on their feet.

She's worth the forma investment, if you have the mindset. The umbral mods make her stronger (I use vitality & intensify), and Venari's "-1" slot is useless. 

I don't know if the drop table of Onslaught was changed since its released, but I ended up purchasing her bundle after not being able to obtain her systems BP after a 28 day grind (only took me a week to grind and build Gara). It may be reasonable to buy her, as her 4-spiked back piece only comes in the bundle. Then, there's the other large back piece that can be bought seperately.

Her biggest obstacle, are the content creators. Videos from her background lore being cut before release, to them not figuring out how Venari is useful. There are a handful from when her augment mods were released, but most won't revisit her and create up-to-date videos.

Good luck.

:loka::perrin::redveil: