Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why did we forget how Mesa's regulators work?

(XBOX)saltyfishboi

I honestly don't need to say anything aside from showing these pictures (which aren't mine I should add).

It bugs me honestly, and makes me not wanna get Mesa Prime. Especially knowing I can't switch to the normal regulator skin. I know that's vain, but I always thought it was a really cool little detail, and I'm a sucker for detail.

https://i.redd.it/xnuptzhcadr01.jpg

https://preview.redd.it/obb5wm657i521.png?width=954&auto=webp&s=d2fab3a866be4ffad3325f05f15dcc65968b4b45

6 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

The real question to ask:
How often do you stay perfectly still and look at your regulators with Peacemaker active?
And if you never do that, why would this even bother you?

In captura. And that's one of many reasons.

Is it really that unreasonable to be a little annoyed by the devs forgetting how their own thing is supposed to work? Her animations are still built for being the guns, her fingers are popping right through the other skins. Clearly someone needs to say something about it, they obviously didn't notice.

"Fashionframe" is the most popular nickname for the game. Aesthetics are arguably a part of it these days.

Edited by (XB1)courperationX

So what do you expect them to do exactly?

You gave no feedback. You just said: "Look at those pictures I got from someone else"

Do you want them to redo the Mesa Prime Skin and her Regulators?
Do you just want to use the regular Regulators?
Or maybe you just want to rant a little bit, and be a "little annoyed"?

6 minutes ago, (XB1)courperationX said:

they obviously didn't notice.

Or maybe they did, and they were fine with her looks?
No, that can't be true. That's impossible...

18 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

So what do you expect them to do exactly?

You gave no feedback. You just said: "Look at those pictures I got from someone else"

Do you want them to redo the Mesa Prime Skin and her Regulators?
Do you just want to use the regular Regulators?
Or maybe you just want to rant a little bit, and be a "little annoyed"?

Or maybe they did, and they were fine with her looks?
No, that can't be true. That's impossible...

You're getting really bent out of shape over this.

Redoing the whole skin would be idiotic, and solve nothing. After all, you want me to assume the devs  see two objects clipping through each other, and think that looks good.

Editing the prime regulator models would certainly be a solution, but it's entirely understandable if that solution is more trouble than it's worth. They have manpower distribution to consider after all.

Allowing players to use the non-primed skin is probably the best overall solution.

So let's just jump on every person that ever pointed out the appearance item they paid real money for is clipping. How dare they report any kind of glitch in the game. It's not like there's a genuine market for aesthetic items, and that some people enjoy that aspect. The audacity I have to let the devs know about something they seemed to be unaware of. It's not like Mesa Prime access costs $80. The nerve I have, for politely informing them of a small oversight.

EDIT: So this response may not make sense in some places. A mod or something probably edited it (and I certainly don't blame them). To put it in a forum friendly manner: I wasn't kind. Just thought I'd explain to readers, because I see no point in going back to fix it. I also wanted to thank said mod for understanding why my response was so harsh, and simply editing such things out instead of doing something more extreme.

Edited by (XB1)courperationX

3 hours ago, (XB1)courperationX said:

Is it really that unreasonable to be a little annoyed by the devs forgetting how their own thing is supposed to work? Her animations are still built for being the guns, her fingers are popping right through the other skins. Clearly someone needs to say something about it, they obviously didn't notice.

Maybe this is the cost of losing Mynki v_v

It is quite sad that the art team would overlook such a specific design choice when making the prime of a frame, but after the butt window I can't say that level of quality/attention is all too surprising. Hopefully DE will one day in the future enable the use of the default pistols with the prime as at least a slight middle ground.