Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Take spy out of sorties or.....

IIDMOII

Or let me use ciphers. 

I'd prefer if spy was removed from the game entirely along with hacking mini games and tossed into the recycle bin.

Until that happens, allow us to brute force past security systems. If I wanted to play tedious clicker mini games, I'll grab Diablo immortal for my phone. 

Don't care how easy it is. Don't care that it's a non issue among veteran players. Don't.  Care. If a sortie has a spy. I simply skip it. If an alert is a spy, it gets ignored. My time and enjoyment is more valuable than whatever reward there might be.

Spy is bad for many reasons. But the biggest issue is that a single random person can fail the entire phase for an entire squad. Poorly designed imo.

Edited by IIDMOII

It's a different pace of gameplay compared to your typical run-and-gun everything.

Besides, Spy has been in the game for so long. If you're having trouble with Spy, take it slow. No one's rushing you, otherwise mistakes will occur and you can miss out some details that make Spy easier than you thought.

The point of spy sorties is so you be more careful than usual and if you mess up you get punished. They are not hard if you know the best way to do them and quickest. The grtineer ciphers are like a stresstest where you have to be good on timing but need to be fast so you dont get cut out by electric proc after many clicks, the corpus ciphers you dont need to spam buttons but need to think a bit so everything is connected well. Spy sorties are usually ment to be done solo so if you mess up you cant blame it on the team or done with friends who know how to do them. As for the use of ciphers in sorties it will just make them easy and you wont be punished for making a mistake and you could then just rush it and use ciphers on everything inside the vault.

EDIT: If you have troubles with triggering lasers I suggest getting Liset and Ait support charges(it will stop the countdown for about 6second i think) and use the mod for increased cipher  time so you can focus more and stress less(at least for the corpus ones)

Edited by AwkwardLazarow

Spy is one of the easier missions to get in Sortie unless it is Kuva Spy. I don't see why anyone would want to get rid of them.

At least you don't have to shoot beefed up enemies.

17 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

Spy is one of the easier missions to get in Sortie unless it is Kuva Spy. I don't see why anyone would want to get rid of them.

At least you don't have to shoot beefed up enemies.

(Unrelated note, I hate the enhancement sorties due to the beefing. Scalings broken enough already, damnit)

Agreed. It's a difference in kind from regular gameplay, but that makes spy more valuable, not less. Vanilla Destiny 1 demonstrates that quite nicely - different missions need to have different structures and objectives. Spy having a completely different objective style that necessitates completely different skills is healthy.

Even Kuva Spy isn't that bad once you get the hang of it. The vaults are more complex but there's still paths through them.

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

Even Kuva Spy isn't that bad once you get the hang of it. The vaults are more complex but there's still paths through them.

They are not hard. It's just annoying and tedious.

• 2 weeks later...

Spy missions are great. don't ask to take away other people's missions because you don't want to learn to do them, that's just something a whining brat only child would say. Grow up and learn to do spies, because they're great. Learning mechanics like nova portal teleporting through lasers, ivara making spy missions pointlessly easy anyway, looking for alternate pathways if you can't learn to hack, and utlizing finesse instead of mindlessly applying mod setups break up monotony of the game.

On 2019-02-14 at 2:54 PM, IIDMOII said:

I'd prefer if spy was removed

Until that happens, allow us to brute force past security  

Don't care how easy it is. Don't care that it's a non issue among veteran players. Don't.  Care. If a sortie has a spy. I simply skip it. If an alert is a spy, it gets ignored. My time and enjoyment is more valuable than whatever reward there might be.

Spy is bad for many reasons. But the biggest issue is that a single random person can fail the entire phase for an entire squad. Poorly designed imo.

You could also play solo instead of getting carried through sorties. in fact, i would prefer if there was a SOLO ONLY challange to sorties. Your lack of caring what anyone else thinks is egocentric and you might as well send Digital Extremes an email instead of asking publicly to remove their content. Perhaps you could learn to do mission types instead of asking for them to be taken out so that you can keep your anti-addiction timer lower. Forcing past security is already a thing in rescue missions, why can't there be any variety? thinking nobody cares about your rant. Nobody Cares. Spys give 3x the amount of rewards compared to an exterminate that is ONLY brute force. Maybe that's incentive to get people to do them.

4 hours ago, Celthric317 said:

I actually wish hacking and spy missions were a bigger part of this game... 

Like an endless version of Spy, similar to how Exterminate, Mobile Defense and Rescue have endless versions in Survival, Defense and Defection respectively.

While we're at it, can we also take Hek/Regor/Ambulas/kuva rescue/moon rescue/moon spy/radiation excavation/defection/whatever other crap that I hate out of sorties too? Sure, I can just skip the days when they're on like I do now, but that denies me a wonderful "opportunity" to add yet another useless ayatan to my immense pile.

I quite enjoy spy and the "hacking"  I do hate the grineer ones on sorties though when you need every node and it goes back and forth, if I just had a few more seconds Id be golden but I am sure I will get their, joys of having an ancient keyboard I guess, does make a nice sound though.

On 2019-02-14 at 3:54 PM, IIDMOII said:

Or let me use ciphers...If I wanted to play tedious clicker mini games...

Oh no, a whopping 6 seconds max to solve the hardest of the hacks. Continue skipping Sorties that include Spy if you want, that just means less noobs I have to drag through them because they normally rely on a crutch and can't handle it getting taken away.

Edited by inelegantOdyssey

I like the puzzles, I like how you cant use the cyphers in sorties as it makes people actually play the game. 

And it makes it funny when someone fails at something they should be able to do easily.

In fact I hope higher mastery ranks from 26 and higher level missions have the puzzles in a timer and wont let you use a cypher.

I would love to see more differing cyphers and puzzles too in later missions.

When those big ships become a reality, I hope they use differing puzzle cypher things, then what is already being used, like maybe a slide puzzle or a turn the differing pieces one like the corpus ones but bigger and or not a septagon but a differing shaped grinneer puzzle.

Edited this in...

Only LUA spies tick me off...as warping in time or having to wall hang on pressure plates is just annoying. 

Edited by PsychicKitty
Lua Spy Note.