Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operator age?

Velaethia

15 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

no exact age confirmed, but they appear to be either pre-pubescent or barely into Puberty, my guess would be in the realm of 12-15 years old. despite all our cosmetic options, facial hair isn't one of them, so that reinforces my opinion.

The females have breasts but they're pretty small. However their voices sound more mature which is why I was thinking a little older then like 12/13. While YMMV the average age men start seriously growing facial  hair is about 16/17. So 15/16 is possible. 

2 minutes ago, Velaethia said:

The females have breasts but they're pretty small. However their voices sound more mature which is why I was thinking a little older then like 12/13. While YMMV the average age men start seriously growing facial  hair is about 16/17. So 15/16 is possible. 

Well, whilst Vocal Chords are a part of aging, it's also a fairly common trope for people to keep their voices when they switch bodies, either to a different body or a younger version, to get across that they're still that character. Maybe the same principle is at work with Operators - their voices match their mental ages (Which seem higher for the most part, most likely due to all the trauma) instead of their biological ones?

31 minutes ago, Velaethia said:

Game design that saved on character model building has them fairly androgynous tbh.

A bit off topic question but still on it: is my impression or the operator grew up a bit after the War Within quest? i remeber the first time i saw on the second dream the voice didn't fited the apearance at all, he looked just too young, but after the War Within i had the impression it got a bit older, maybe was just my impression, probably, but just to confirm?

9 minutes ago, Blobfish86 said:

A bit off topic question but still on it: is my impression or the operator grew up a bit after the War Within quest? i remeber the first time i saw on the second dream the voice didn't fited the apearance at all, he looked just too young, but after the War Within i had the impression it got a bit older, maybe was just my impression, probably, but just to confirm?

Looks? No. But I think the direction they had the voice actors go by the end of TWW and into the Sacrifice does try to reflect their growing experience. 

You may also be thinking of the old skin shaders and facial animations from the time of the Second Dream, compared to the updated stuff in the War Within and the Sacrifice.

Edited by so_many_watermelons
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Velaethia said:

What is the operators biological age? I realise they've been in stasis for over a thousand years but how old were they? I kinda figured 15/16. But idk if there was a confirmed age. 

I imagine operators to be sort of like Aang from last air bender.

he was 12 when he was frozen in ice, and stayed frozen for 100 years.

Sort or making his age functionally meaningless.

To me, they have have the bodies and the form of children, but that’s the only thing “human” about them. IMO

I like to think of my operator as my age and we age together as time moves on. When the second dream came out I was a freshman in high school. Now I’m about to turn 18. So, my operator was 15/16 and now he’s about to be 18 too. 

I know they’ve been sleeping for millennia, and there’s a possibility that void powers can affect their aging, but this is just me. 

Edited by (XB1)A Excal Umbra

I thought the Operators biology was frozen after they were infused with the Void. Plus, they did fight in the Old War, and that could have spanned decades. At least long enough for them to build their own society before they turned on the Orokin leadership. 

I've always imagined them to be 12 - 16, physically. Mentally, much older. 

Edited by Rivyn
  • Like 1

I think they're 14 max.

38 minutes ago, Rivyn said:

I thought the Operators biology was frozen after they were infused with the Void. Plus, they did fight in the Old War, and that could have spanned decades. At least long enough for them to build their own society before they turned on the Orokin leadership. 

They most certainly don't act mentally older, as they still act like teenagers.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n

1 hour ago, Rivyn said:

They've been in stasis the whole time. And now seem to be made out of void energy with new transference from the war within. Which could mean their appearance is based on their state of mind. It is noted that while originally soldiers of the orokin they did have their own society and seemingly governing body with "councillors". who likely came to the conclusion that the Orokin are evil and decided to turn on them. 

1 hour ago, Phatose said:

Impossible to say.  Were they modern day humans, I'd wager 11-14.  But they aren't, and as per Darvo, even without stasis or transference, biologically aging in the Warframe universe is not the same as it is in our world. 

I'd imagine they have technology to augment their lifespan. What I don't understand is the Orokin body snatching. The Continuity aka using transference technology to steal another person's body seems uneccacary. One would assume that hacking your genetic code to stop cells from decaying faster then they replicate as you get older would be much easier. Even assuming they couldn't do that they created the Grineer so why didn't they just grow new bodies that they could fully customise? Rather then pillage colonies across the origin system for the "young and exotic". Seems unnecessary. Evil to be evil. Taking a life to prolong their own when there is a better alternative I just don't really get it. I mean clearly it's what the Grineer Queens do? They grow Grineer bodies to possess. Obviously the Grineer genome is failing due to clone depression. (Which happens when you clone a clone, then clone that clone and so on). 

il y a 4 minutes, Velaethia a dit :

I'd imagine they have technology to augment their lifespan. What I don't understand is the Orokin body snatching. The Continuity aka using transference technology to steal another person's body seems uneccacary. One would assume that hacking your genetic code to stop cells from decaying faster then they replicate as you get older would be much easier. Even assuming they couldn't do that they created the Grineer so why didn't they just grow new bodies that they could fully customise? Rather then pillage colonies across the origin system for the "young and exotic". Seems unnecessary. Evil to be evil. Taking a life to prolong their own when there is a better alternative I just don't really get it. I mean clearly it's what the Grineer Queens do? They grow Grineer bodies to possess. Obviously the Grineer genome is failing due to clone depression. (Which happens when you clone a clone, then clone that clone and so on). 

They kinda had a god complex.

Also they needed an excuse to kill people, because overpopulation. (imagine a society failling like the imperium in 40k but hummanity is too weak to conquer other stars (this is hyperbolic))

Edited by angias

11 minutes ago, Velaethia said:

What I don't understand is the Orokin body snatching. The Continuity aka using transference technology to steal another person's body seems uneccacary. One would assume that hacking your genetic code to stop cells from decaying faster then they replicate as you get older would be much easier.

Basically, it's the party dress principle. You can't wear the same body for 2 centuries, those legs were so 2500s!

2 minutes ago, Iamabearlulz said:

Basically, it's the party dress principle. You can't wear the same body for 2 centuries, those legs were so 2500s!

Which makes me thing that the Orokin aren't Practical at all. (I've said this before but they remind me of the worst of the roman empire taken to it's extremes). They also have no true morals. They are completely immoral and do not particularly value life. Only their lifestyle. Extravagant and unnecessary

5 hours ago, angias said:

They kinda had a god complex.

Also they needed an excuse to kill people, because overpopulation. (imagine a society failling like the imperium in 40k but hummanity is too weak to conquer other stars (this is hyperbolic))

I doubt there was any genuine purpose to body snatching, if over population was an issue they'd probably just wholesale slaughter full societies and make a day of it. 

they just wanted to have an event to fan their egos with, their version of a met galla i'd imagine, and picking from real people rather than clones made the act more exclusive/exotic seeming. prestige is first and foremost for the orokin after all. besides, clones were slaves, why would the orokin allow themselves any proximity to that sort of lowly association, they didn't even like twins because they gave off a clone like feel. 

Edited by Cubewano