Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operator age?

Velaethia

4 minutes ago, Cubewano said:

I doubt there was any genuine purpose to body snatching, if over population was an issue they'd probably just wholesale slaughter full societies and make a day of it. 

they just wanted to have an event to fan their egos with, their version of a met galla i'd imagine, and picking from real people rather than clones made the act more exclusive/exotic seeming. prestige is first an foremost for the orokin after all. besides, clones were slaves, why would the orokin allow themselves any proximity to that sort of lowly association, they didn't even like twins because they gave off a clone like feel. 

Margulis kind of reminds me of Lot from the Old Testament. Basically the one kinda/sorta good person. Who is still a bad person, but is better then the rest. 

10 hours ago, Vlada91 said:

They look like 10 or max 12years old...and definitely they are not 15 or 16 because their body is not grown for that age and + they look small like kids in 10 or 12 years old.

Yeah but that's subjective. They look 15/16 to me. They're just barely shorter then the Cetus NPCs. 

42 minutes ago, Velaethia said:

Yeah but that's subjective. They look 15/16 to me. They're just barely shorter then the Cetus NPCs. 

in cetus they are like some weary short peapol look npc on fortuna in your logic they are 3m? so in the end Cetus npc are not normal they are short race....i have nephew who is 8 year old and he is tall like operator kids....

12 hours ago, Methanoid said:

statis or not, that would still make them thousands of years old, not like their birth date changed.

Possible. Again, they both fought in the Old War, and were around long enough to build their own society, so that's at least a few decades, at the minimum. They're biologically frozen or stunted, at least according to that.

12 hours ago, Methanoid said:

statis or not, that would still make them thousands of years old, not like their birth date changed.

That’s sort of a “🤷🏻‍♂️“ thing for me haha.

Like Aang from air bender, was 12, frozen for 100 years, a few people refer to him as a “112” year old.

In stasis, you don’t really grow or experience anything, to me it’s more like your age halts while you’re in stasis.

This one is entirely up to how you view it though, I guess 🙂

• Like 1

Their physical age is unknown.  We don't know if their Void-induced mutation stopped the aging process, or if their constant exposure to Kuva (from collecting it for themselves or just to thwart Worm) has had any effect.  We also don't know how quickly they aged to begin with.  I think the mission dialogue indicates that Darvo is just over a hundred, and Frohd Bek treats him like a rebellious teenager in that conversation.  The Zariman Ten Zero was intended as a colony ship, so it's possible that some form of life extension was given to the entire crew.

As noted, physically the Operators seem less than fully mature.  (And they very much come across as immature if you haven't disabled the in-mission Operator chatter.)  But it's possible they're vastly older than they look even if you don't count the time they spent in cryo-sleep on Lua.

Biologically, low end I'd say around 16-18. Hell, there are 20-somethings today that look more petite. Also, Operators are not tiny. Average comparisons I've seen have put them roughly at 170cm, so, not that short by today's standards. And I wouldn't call them skinny either. People who train for endurance and just general health and fitness don't have the muscle mass and bodyfat to be, as the youngins call it: EXTRA THICC or ABSOLUTE UNIT. At least that's what I think the kids these days say. 

Cases in point: Brie Larson, leading actress in Captain Marvel. She's 29 and 170cm, and comparing pictures of her in the Captain Marvel outfit with a female operator of a similarly slim outfit gives them very similar proportions. Same with Tom Holland, current lead role for Spiderman, he's 22, 173 tall and while slightly bulkier then a male Operator, still in similar proportions. Or sticking with Spiderman, Andrew Garfield, who played the role before Tom and he was 28 at the time. 

So the point being is that I think people are maybe too heavily influenced by their own biases in this situation. Especially with the early impressions made in Second Dream and War Within. 

As for them acting as "kids". I don't know, again, I know some in their late 20's who are even more childish. Secondly, they had NOTHING even remotely close to a childhood of any form. So them being a bit cranky is sort of justified after going though an Eldritch horror dimension being hunted by their own insane parents, having to fight for CENTURIES and do who knows what else as basically slaves through surrogate genocide WMD bodies then burn an entire civilization (or two, at least) to the ground before being put on ice and then rudely awakened to amnesia after a few thousand years. So them being let off of a leash for the first time in generations, I'd be full of sass too. Could the dialogue and story have been done a bit better? Maybe, but that's the way DE chose to take the direction of this story. We all play as a singular in-universe character. We play as Commander Shepard. We only influence certain aspects, but the character and their story is already made. 

Personally, in my headcanon, I see operators being of many ages. Many, most even, not even being from the Zariman, but later, deliberate creations through more controlled means to bolster the Tenno ranks. I find it laughably dull to think that ONLY children of a very, VERY small age group were the ones to survive the ordeal sane, or at all. What about those who were younger? Is it really just their biological age that determines if one will go insane or die due to void exposure or who turns into an operator? 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Vlada91 said:

in cetus they are like some weary short peapol look npc on fortuna in your logic they are 3m? so in the end Cetus npc are not normal they are short race....i have nephew who is 8 year old and he is tall like operator kids....

And they are all rigs AKA robot bodies. They being that tall is not actually surprising.

It's pretty clear to me, from the whole lore about creating those great Focus Schools and a warrior society, that they're really old, and they're at least "adult" age, if not older, just physically not growing older. This has nothing to do with stasis, IMO. (It's one reason the operator hates being treated like a child, it's not some teen rebellion wanting to be treated like they're older than they are... they ARE older. They fought in the "Old War" and had all those memories wiped, so maybe they have a little mental maturing to do again, or just remembering...)

They seem similar to Samurai who went Ronin when they couldn't stand working for the Orokin anymore (Inaros' storyline for one example - Warframe's Teal'c, parading young perfect bodies for the Goa'uld to possess... Just like the Yuvan for the Orokin continuity...)

We don't know for certain how long the "Samurai" age lasted with them serving the Orokin (at least from what I've read, and I could have missed something), but it seems long enough for them to be "adults" at the least.

I'd never make my operator look all old and bearded, even if given the option, though... they've been touched by the power of the void, never aging - or aging at a perceptibly negligible speed, and they may be completely immortal (judging by how whenever they "die" in operator combat mode, they just get reborn from void energy a few seconds later)

On 2019-02-14 at 3:14 PM, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

no exact age confirmed, but they appear to be either pre-pubescent or barely into Puberty, my guess would be in the realm of 12-15 years old. despite all our cosmetic options, facial hair isn't one of them, so that reinforces my opinion.

I started growing facial hair at around 13, but at the time it was pretty pathetic. I hope that our operators mature throughout the story so someday I can give mine a sick beard.

So I had an event at a non profit I work with and there was a high school sophomore who was doing a presentation on volunteer work in high school. He's 16 years old and he was about the same height and build of the male Op. Idk how people are getting 12. 12 year olds are still complete children.

Edited by Velaethia

You see your OP die in story quests and come back through void energy and they seem to regenerate when they die in OP mode, so do Operators have Regenerative Immortality?

Their Aging process has to be either, drasticly slowed or non existent.

Their bodies show off a 14-17 year old vibe to me.

1 hour ago, ThumpumGood said:

For those of you who are guessing anything below 100 years, the operator has been in a stasis pod for an unknown amount of time just sitting there. You really think they would have more than limited growth?

Put some science to it.

I said "Biological" in my op. So ya... maybe you're the one who should add some science? They may be chronologically thousands of years old. But biologically they obviously are not.

12 minutes ago, Velaethia said:

I said "Biological" in my op. So ya... maybe you're the one who should add some science? They may be chronologically thousands of years old. But biologically they obviously are not.

If you've been alive for thousands of years... you're thousands of years old biologically. The sedentary existence would stunt further development beyond a certain point. Case in point, Wall-E where the sedentary life combined with the type of food they ate made them fat. The stasis the operators are in, they would have stunted height etc, so they would APPEAR to look like children and with the lack of life experience they would have the mentality and naivete of children. But they are adults. It's not the biology as much as it is the mental development.

science man... science.