Jump to content
Schmiddy

The Solution to Diffculty and Scaling

Recommended Posts

Hello there fellow Tenno.
I have been playing this game since the Beta and I love it, till this day. I´m running close to my 4,5k Hours on Warframe and with 2019 looking to be an amazing year for the game,
I cannot wait for the Changes and improvements that will make its way into the game in the next Months.

Now as a somewhat "silent" observer of the forums I´ve been more of a "Reader" than really someone who joins much conversations.
After all these years I do feel like I should throw my few cents into the Mix. 

Now now... I know what you´re thinking: "oh come on not another "scaling rewards"-Thread" and "oh no here comes Mr. Smartypants trying to explain to us why we need it" .
And it might actually be partially true - stick with me for a moment; if you feel like what I´m proposing is absoloute GARBAGE and will completely #*!% up the game, please tell me!

Alright, alright, enough exposition; Lets start.

Now we can somewhat identify different "problems" within the game, now wether you consider them problems or not, is probably up for debate, i´ll just brainstorm for myself here.

-Scaling (Enemies AND players)
-Diffuculty / Cheesyness
-"Progression"

Lets tart with the scaling... now what is scaling? -  or rather, what do I mean by this ? 

Scaling is something that, at least in my approach, will tie into Progression. Now starting out... 
I believe, with all my heart, that enemy armor and hitpoint-scaling should actually STAY THE SAME.
Yes, yes, controversial. But hear me out; it should be limited to special PARTS (at least armor should be) 
With different levels, HP and Armor rating should get higher... but it needs to be limited to different body parts, giving different factions and enemies different feels and tactics to tackle them, making gameplay more interactive. Now that brings us into the Damage territory... i think enemy damage should increase until you reach a certain damage "Plateau" to prevent just randomly getting onehitted from across the room. 

Now what do i mean by "this ties in with progression" ?
Enemy level should, in my opinion, be tied to the players "Gear Score" -  What is that ? 
It should be something similar to the OLD Conclave Ratings, where they would tie a special number to a Mod/Weapon and calculate an overall gearscore for it. 
Why do i believe this is a good approach ? - The answer is simple, to streamline your experience; the "noob" will experience the game similarily challanging than the Veteran... while expanding on the ways a Veteran can tackle the situation infront of him; making it still challanging and interactive while not turning into a "melt the entire room with a click until you get oneshotted"-game that it, somewhat is today (not saying i don´t like it, but i think one can do it better).

Now you would ask... why would´nt you wanna keep down your gearscore artificially to make farming for stuff easier?
The answer is simple, the Higher your gearscore is, the higher your rewards are. Thus gearscore factors into enemy scaling, but also the rewards making it a "there is  actually a reason that i bring my best stuff, because i can get more out of it"-scenario. Including in that, Higher mastery rank gear, would need exceedingly higher resource costs to cut out a clear and understandable player progression something along these lines. 

Gear Score Changes enemy Level -> Enemy level changes Dropammounts and Scaling -> Making it possible to Craft better and better weapons -> these inturn affect your Gear Score


Alright so by this point people might wonder; doesn´t this mean, that some weapons will become obsolete in the "later content" ?
Well, i´ve thought about a solution for this... Maybe a mechanic can be introduced to allow to invest resources and experience to increase a weapons stats permanently making highly personified builds possible that are, till now, only possible by praying to RNGsus and getting a nice Riven. Now this increase in stats would ofcourse increase your gear level, which inturn will try to keep the game balanced for the individual. Now maybe include a cap on it... increasing a certain stat only for a small percent permanently and having a cap to the ammount you can do it to keep things within the range of feasability and "balance".

Now this is just a very barebones approach and maybe just a creative outlet... ofcourse this could be way more refined... but i feel like that something like this will have already came up within the 6 years of Warframe we had.. and there might be a mutlitude of reasons why that approach is flawed... i´d like to have  a civil discussion or maybe just a little bit of brainstorming how we can make our favourite game just that bit more fun. 

Thanks for reading guys! (its 2:35am, so excuse my horrible writing) 

 




 

Edited by Schmiddy
I can´t spell. please forgive me.
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, they got rid of the old Conclave score for a reason, and I doubt they'd want to go back to a similar system.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Atsia said:

I mean, they got rid of the old Conclave score for a reason, and I doubt they'd want to go back to a similar system.

Didn´t they mainly get rid of it, because it just facilitated players onehitting each other ? 
And obviously because they overhauled how conclave scaling as a whole worked.

The conclave rating here was more somewhat of a Blueprint, rather than a 1:1 translation.
 

Edited by Schmiddy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh no, HELL NO, nope, nope, nope, gear score are you nuts? you know how much of a paint in the rear that it?  so you basically wanna make this game like destiny, where everyone is just chasing a number, no thanks I pass, HARD on that, that will completely destroy the freedom of using the stuff you want, because everyone will be force to use weapons they hate just to have a bigger number, what an awful idea.

Thanks, but no thanks.exe

Edited by -NightmareMoon-
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, -NightmareMoon- said:

oh no, HELL NO, nope, nope, nope, gear score are you nuts? you know much of a paint in the rear that it?  so you basically wanna make this game like destiny, where everyone is just chasing a number, no thanks I pass, HARD on that, that will completely destroy the freedom of using the stuff you want, because everyone will be force to use weapons they hate just to have a bigger number, what an awful idea.

Thanks, but no thanks.exe

As i´ve elaborated on; the "gear score" is not only composed out of your Weapons or Warframes but also your Mods, ofcourse this would need to be balanced correctly. 
And as i´ve further discussed in the "making "old" weapons obsolete"-section, there needs to be a way to artificially and permanently pull your older weapons up to par with newer ones.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Schmiddy said:

As i´ve elaborated on; the "gear score" is not only composed out of your Weapons or Warframes but also your Mods, ofcourse this would need to be balanced correctly. 
And as i´ve further discussed in the "making "old" weapons obsolete"-section, there needs to be a way to artificially and permanently pull your older weapons up to par with newer ones.

Is still awful, so that mean people that dont have the mods, will be potentially stuck until they got them, that alone is terrible, the worst kind of artificial drawback, once you put a "number" and tell people, look you cant do this until you reach this number sorry bud, you are stuck doing the same, that is awful, people should be able to do whatever the hell they want and not the game literally forcing you to play stuff you dont want until that miracle drop happen, again destiny crap loot and leveling system.

Edited by -NightmareMoon-
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, -NightmareMoon- said:

Is still awful, so that mean people that dont have the mods, will be potentially stuck until they got them, that alone is terrible, the worst kind of artificial drawback, once you put a "number" and tell people, look you cant do this until you reach this number sorru bud, you are stuck doing the same, that is awful, people should be able to do whatever the hell they want and not the game literally forcing you to play stuff you dont want until that miracle drop happen, again destiny crap loot and leveling system.

But the Game already does that; it is a farming sim. Now if you like that or not. But in current warframe you can´t just "do whatever lolz"; if you want to be somewhat competative (as in actually completing missions) there is a goal and an aim here. This is not Star Citizen where we make the game whatever we want it to be. Warframe has a clear cut out path, a star system that branches off in different game modes and "end game" activites like Sorties, arbitrations etc. . To an extend you´re right, forcing the new player to acquire new mods etc. somewhat exposes them to frustrating farm starting at the way Endo works all the way to essential mods. But we already DO HAVE THAT. 

don´t forget that we also do have somewhat of a Meta in the game. you can do whatever, which is the same thing you can do in the solution that i´ve proposed by the way, but its rather rare that people run around handicapping themselves with their MK1 Braton in Kuva survival... now i´m not saying these people don´t exist, everyone can play the game however they want. That does not change in the solution that i´ve proposed.

Edited by Schmiddy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Schmiddy said:

But the Game already does that; it is a farming sim. Now if you like that or not. But in current warframe you can´t just "do whatever lolz"; if you want to be somewhat competative (as in actually completing missions) there is a goal and an aim here. This is not Star Citizen where we make the game whatever we want it to be. Warframe has a clear cut out path, a star system and just branches off in different game modes. To an extend you´re right, forcing the new player to acquire new mods etc. somewhat exposes them to frustrating farm starting at the way Endo works all the way to essential mods. But we already DO HAVE THAT. 

yes but what are you proposing is going to hurt the game more than helping it, look it like this, I like the furis with his augment, but let's say his GS is 100 but the mission you are going to do require a gun with 3000 GS I can't take it anymore, because the number you put in that gun say it so weak to use it even when I need it just for the HP recovery, you see is awful, and your "solution" of having just a limited amount of what you can upgrade on a  gun is terrible as well, so weapons with BASE lower stats are just screw either way,  basically the whole game will need to be redesing just  to implement such thing, and with the amount of weapons we have that is just impossible.

The GS is inconvenient and serve only as an artificial wall to the player.

Edited by -NightmareMoon-
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, -NightmareMoon- said:

yes but what are you proposing is going to hurt the game more than helping it, look it like this, I like the furis with his augment, but let's say his GS is 100 but the mission you are going to do require a gun with 3000 GS I can't take it anymore, because the number you put in that gun say it so weak to use it even when I need it just for the HP recovery, you see is awful, and your "solution" of having just a limited amount of what you can upgrade on a  gun is terrible as well, so weapons with BASE lower stats are just screw either way,  basically the whole game will need to be redesing just  to implement such thing, and with the amount of weapons we have that is just impossible.

The GS is inconvenient and serve only as an artificial wall to the player.

Don´t take this the wrong way, but from reading this answer I think you might not have understood what i was refering to.
Different missions and nodes should be able to be played like in the base game. The Gear Score just changes the Difficulty, scaling and rewards (as in the quantity of xp and minerals). 
Making it just as attractive for a higher level player to play a normal node, or join an alert, then it is for a player who just started the game.

And as i said, the "some weapons will fall under the Rug" is already the case, most of the Weapons that have been around for more than a YEAR already start getting eaten up by powercreep, now i don´t think that it´s a fundamental problem and Rivens somewhat fix the issue. a good approach would be, to have different Weapons have different "max upgrades" so you can only upgrade their base stats a few times, making it able to, with the right ammount of work, put your braton on the same level with your soma maybe.

Edited by Schmiddy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Schmiddy said:

Don´t take this the wrong way, but from reading this answer I think you might not have understood what i was refering to.
Different missions and nodes should be able to be played like in the base game. The Gear Score just changes the Difficulty, scaling and rewards (as in the quantity of xp and minerals). 
Making it just as attractive for a higher level player to play a normal node, or join an alert, then it is for a player who just started the game.

And as i said, the "some weapons will fall under the Rug" is already the case, most of the Weapons that have been around for more than a YEAR already start getting eaten up by powercreep, now i don´t think that it´s a fundamental problem and Rivens somewhat fix the issue. a good approach would be, to have different Weapons have different "max upgrades" so you can only upgrade their base stats a few times, making it able to, with the right ammount of work, put your braton on the same level with your soma maybe.

Alright, then next question: How would this affect matchmaking? How would public random match be made?

Related to that, what would happen when a pre-made group of one high GS player with one low GS player went into a mission?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Gamma745 said:

Alright, then next question: How would this affect matchmaking? How would public random match be made?

Related to that, what would happen when a pre-made group of one high GS player with one low GS player went into a mission?

Very good question to which i don´t have a straight answer...

Public matchmaking should be based on the Hosts Gearscore having others (within a defined margin join him)

Friends and Clan - squads should get the option to adjust the Difficulty within the Range of the "strongest" or the "weakest" player so a consensus by the players can be found.
similarly to what Diablo does where it lets its players choose the difficulty.

These two ways seem to be the "best" way for it... at least for how i imagine it. 
(If you have any better idea, then throw your hat in :p)

 

Edited by Schmiddy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Schmiddy said:

Don´t take this the wrong way, but from reading this answer I think you might not have understood what i was refering to.
Different missions and nodes should be able to be played like in the base game. The Gear Score just changes the Difficulty, scaling and rewards (as in the quantity of xp and minerals). 
Making it just as attractive for a higher level player to play a normal node, or join an alert, then it is for a player who just started the game.

then why you dont say that instead of the convoluted long post you did? straight to the point. here is an easy solution, why dont just add different difficulty levels like, normal, hard or very hard? that way people will willingly choose harder difficulties if they desire to play that way, only affecting how much damage the enemies do or receive, because that's what people want no? stronger enemies.

But here is the problem, enemies on this game are not a treat unless there is a lot of them, enemies on this game are by design easy to kill, this is not metal gear revengeance okay, where you have to strategically weaker the enemies and chop parts of their body to disable their moves or blow their armor first to be able to kill them, that's why infinite armor scaling is a thing on this game, but reaching that point take to much time, adding a difficulting chose will make people fight those hard enemies right on, instead of wasting 1 hour for them to catch up.

Also, if you tie higher drop chances and exp to a higher difficulty that bring problems too,  because people will feel forced to play on a harder difficulty to have better chances on something, so there is no easy solution to this, I rather play something because I have fun doing it, that play something because I will get X thing by doing it.

Edited by -NightmareMoon-
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Schmiddy said:

Public matchmaking should be based on the Hosts Gearscore having others (within a defined margin join him)

This sounds good on paper, but I'm afraid this could backfire spectacularly. How wide is the margin? If it is too wide, some of the clients may find themselves in a mission that is too easy or too hard for them. If it is too narrow, matchmaking could possibly not find anyone that match the host, making the entire Public matchmaking pointless. And I have some fear that there is no "sweet spot" between them, or worse, the two categories actually overlap.

 

24 minutes ago, Schmiddy said:

Friends and Clan - squads should get the option to adjust the Difficulty within the Range of the "strongest" or the "weakest" player so a consensus by the players can be found.
similarly to what Diablo does where it lets its players choose the difficulty.

You do know this is very similar to the "level slider" a lot people already asked, right? Why would DE add the gearscore if they could just give that directly without being connected to anything?

 

27 minutes ago, Schmiddy said:

(If you have any better idea, then throw your hat in :p)

Honestly, I don't have any idea. I'm just keeping watch because some of the ideas the players given have the potential to go out of control, or go against what DE intended in the first place.

 

Now, I do have a question about the detail of the gearscore. How is it calculated? Simple addition based on the mods and gears? That won't be enough. The reason some of our gear have the amount of damage it has right now is because some mods are able to multiply each other effectiveness to extreme level.

For example, take the popular Spin-to-Win combo people have. The damage reached there is not just because of Maiming Strike. It's because combined with Bloodrush, the critical chance is multiplied of the Maiming Strike modded chance. On their own, these two mods can't increase Melee damage to that extreme. Bloodrush may be able to raise it to high numbers, but not close to the level when combined with Maiming Strike.

Another example: The popular 100% Status Chance Shotguns. The amount of damage/scaling these weapons have is because of a specific combination. The weapons need to reach 100% status so that it could reach the "effectiveness" a lot of players praise them for. But if you take off just one mod, the damage output dropped significantly.

That's before counting the combination with Warframe's abilities or other weapons.

So should we calculate them multiplicatively? How about the the basic elemental combo build? You know, the build most new players would likely make? That build just increases the damage additively. If new players suddenly find the enemy level spiked just because they are using what mods are available to them, they would be screwed. Remember, some of the combination before is almost an outlier.

Not to mention when people build their weapons the "wrong" way, such as making a Crit-build Tysis. The mods calculation would take the players to a very high level mission, but the weapon in question cannot perform well in that level due to not enhancing the weapon strong points. Again, new players could make this mistake since they would probably see the high gearscore of the mod and think "this is definitely a good mod".

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Gamma745 said:

This sounds good on paper, but I'm afraid this could backfire spectacularly. How wide is the margin? If it is too wide, some of the clients may find themselves in a mission that is too easy or too hard for them. If it is too narrow, matchmaking could possibly not find anyone that match the host, making the entire Public matchmaking pointless. And I have some fear that there is no "sweet spot" between them, or worse, the two categories actually overlap.

 

You do know this is very similar to the "level slider" a lot people already asked, right? Why would DE add the gearscore if they could just give that directly without being connected to anything?

 

Honestly, I don't have any idea. I'm just keeping watch because some of the ideas the players given have the potential to go out of control, or go against what DE intended in the first place.

 

Now, I do have a question about the detail of the gearscore. How is it calculated? Simple addition based on the mods and gears? That won't be enough. The reason some of our gear have the amount of damage it has right now is because some mods are able to multiply each other effectiveness to extreme level.

For example, take the popular Spin-to-Win combo people have. The damage reached there is not just because of Maiming Strike. It's because combined with Bloodrush, the critical chance is multiplied of the Maiming Strike modded chance. On their own, these two mods can't increase Melee damage to that extreme. Bloodrush may be able to raise it to high numbers, but not close to the level when combined with Maiming Strike.

Another example: The popular 100% Status Chance Shotguns. The amount of damage/scaling these weapons have is because of a specific combination. The weapons need to reach 100% status so that it could reach the "effectiveness" a lot of players praise them for. But if you take off just one mod, the damage output dropped significantly.

That's before counting the combination with Warframe's abilities or other weapons.

So should we calculate them multiplicatively? How about the the basic elemental combo build? You know, the build most new players would likely make? That build just increases the damage additively. If new players suddenly find the enemy level spiked just because they are using what mods are available to them, they would be screwed. Remember, some of the combination before is almost an outlier.

Not to mention when people build their weapons the "wrong" way, such as making a Crit-build Tysis. The mods calculation would take the players to a very high level mission, but the weapon in question cannot perform well in that level due to not enhancing the weapon strong points. Again, new players could make this mistake since they would probably see the high gearscore of the mod and think "this is definitely a good mod".

Really good points and i have to agree with most of it!

Were there ever any statements on the Diffculty sliders on the side of DE ?

What do you think about the proposed armor changes; making it regional on different body parts and the changes i would do to dmg.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, -NightmareMoon- said:

then why you dont say that instead of the convoluted long post you did? straight to the point. here is an easy solution, why dont just add different difficulty levels like, normal, hard or very hard? that way people will willingly choose harder difficulties if they desire to play that way, only affecting how much damage the enemies do or receive, because that's what people want no? stronger enemies.

But here is the problem, enemies on this game are not a treat unless there is a lot of them, enemies on this game are by design easy to kill, this is not metal gear revengeance okay, where you have to strategically weaker the enemies and chop parts of their body to disable their moves or blow their armor first to be able to kill them, that's why infinite armor scaling is a thing on this game, but reaching that point take to much time, adding a difficulting chose will make people fight those hard enemies right on, instead of wasting 1 hour for them to catch up.

Also, if you tie higher drop chances and exp to a higher difficulty that bring problems too,  because people will feel forced to play on a harder difficulty to have better chances on something, so there is no easy solution to this, I rather play something because I have fun doing it, that play something because I will get X thing by doing it.

We are obviously two kinds of players and I respect your opinion on that. Stronger enemies should go together with somewhat higher rewards, otherwise there is ZERO point in progressing and min maxing and we would be exactly where we are. and Min maxing is FUN to people; if you can crank up the difficulty, then that should give you somewhat of an actual insentive to do so... if you wanna stay and don´t play on super hardcore mode because you don´t want to, then don´t -  this already goes for arbitrations for example... and same with sorties. and if you wanna get a specific reward; then you just have to play the content, thats how the game works - it already works like this. 

"people" do not only want stronger enemies, they wan´t something to bite out their teeth, something that makes it worth to use what we have built up over the last 6 years; not all of us - but some want that and i see no issue in catering to that for a change. and there are huge ammounts of problems with scaling... which is why scaling needs to be changed if we ever wanna go through with changes like Difficulty sliders etc. 

I did by the way mention in the beginning of my post, that gear level does ONLY affect enemy level and sclaing, not your accesability to different nodes on the star chart let alone activities.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand where you’re coming from but I just foresee a lot of new players getting tossed in with experienced players that have a higher “gear score” than them and getting crushed.   Steve has said in the past on a few occasions that he likes the current iteration of most enemies being easily taken down while others are a bit more of a billet sponge.  

 

Ive always been a proponent of mini bosses that appear at random during a mission sometimes and during stages at intervals of endless missions.  The mini boss would have two or theee stages, weak points at each stage, telegraphed attacks, and superior loot.  While attacking them regular units will spawn in as well to keep up the pace of play. I think it would add a challenge without making it impossible for newer players and break up the pace of play.  For any mission I’m also a proponent of mini missions within the mission. A single spy room during an endless mission that could randomly increase the loot you get from the rotation is one example.  Extra, but reasonable, challenges that can be a part of the mission without detracting too much from the primary goal.  They could also be completely optional. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Schmiddy said:

Were there ever any statements on the Diffculty sliders on the side of DE ?

No word whatsoever from DE. Just a lot of people kept asking for it.

 

25 minutes ago, Schmiddy said:

What do you think about the proposed armor changes; making it regional on different body parts and the changes i would do to dmg.

The idea is something, though the way I see it, it's just a more emphasized version of the weakspot multiplier that is already existing here. Could help new players going through the early game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This somewhat defeats the purpose of progression as you slot in better mods and the enemies scale to cancel out the value of the progression. It makes it feel like you're just slotting in drop rate increase cards in that situation as your gear score doesn't make the game particularly easier or harder.

If you want to tackle scaling in a broad view, you need to tackle the way we scale and the out of control exponential growth we get with certain bonuses such as Multishot -> Damage -> Element. As someone has already brought up, certain combinations of mods will overshoot the gear score curve unless you specifically account for those, which will then stack the game very heavily for people who aren't strictly following the meta. Unless you have a very convoluted system to calculate the exact DPS, factor in the functional utility and adjust for side effects like status chance, there's no way to create a good system. There's simply too much of a gap on what a single mod can do, an elemental mod is worth anywhere between 1x to 10x of the stated value. With a system like that, it's very difficult to decide exactly where the middle line is.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with everything you wrote.... and itz never gonna happen. Seriously why would DE do any of that ? Even if it could increase money spent on the game that requires actual effort... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, RX-3DR said:

This somewhat defeats the purpose of progression as you slot in better mods and the enemies scale to cancel out the value of the progression. It makes it feel like you're just slotting in drop rate increase cards in that situation as your gear score doesn't make the game particularly easier or harder.

If you want to tackle scaling in a broad view, you need to tackle the way we scale and the out of control exponential growth we get with certain bonuses such as Multishot -> Damage -> Element. As someone has already brought up, certain combinations of mods will overshoot the gear score curve unless you specifically account for those, which will then stack the game very heavily for people who aren't strictly following the meta. Unless you have a very convoluted system to calculate the exact DPS, factor in the functional utility and adjust for side effects like status chance, there's no way to create a good system. There's simply too much of a gap on what a single mod can do, an elemental mod is worth anywhere between 1x to 10x of the stated value. With a system like that, it's very difficult to decide exactly where the middle line is.

Very true, which is why i decided to make this more of a Ramble or Brainstorm-post than anything else. I do love the game and i feel like it would add a new level of complexity and, not only that, would maybe get some old grumpy vets to actually play a bit more. Either way- I do agree that its implementation is rather hard to imagine, especially since its so much that works in tandem and the scenario is completely hypothetical, so there is no way we can disprove or prove what we´re saying (for the most part) it would just be speculation.

Either way; maybe a way to fix it, is to have a play undergo different tests that higher his "score" instead of having it bound to equipment... and the more of the tests you manage to do, the higher the base difficulty gets. so instead of having a complex calculation on your gear, lets just calculate a number out of kills per minute and dps or something. 

that then inturn is tied to difficulty and rewards as stated in the above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While your heart is in the right place, I have to agree with the others.  The accessibility for PUGs would be insane, not to mention this solution would raise a lot more issues than the ones put to rest.

Honestly, I believe the Grinder should remain stupid, heavily armored cannon fodder, Infested given even more speed and Toxin damage, and the Corpus should get a huge A.I. buff to reflect their respective factions.   

I always thought the A.I. should be more adaptive like in F.E.A.R, but that's just me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

While your heart is in the right place, I have to agree with the others.  The accessibility for PUGs would be insane, not to mention this solution would raise a lot more issues than the ones put to rest.

Honestly, I believe the Grinder should remain stupid, heavily armored cannon fodder, Infested given even more speed and Toxin damage, and the Corpus should get a huge A.I. buff to reflect their respective factions.   

I always thought the A.I. should be more adaptive like in F.E.A.R, but that's just me.

Sure i do totally see the flaws in this approach. I 100% agree on an AI "rework" - some might call it a fix.
Yet i believe some of the scaling should be changed, especially when it comes to the spongeyness... i do believe there should be a middle ground between onehitting everything and everything being a bullet sponge... now i don´t claim to have all the answer, as i´ve said - this thread is more of a conversation than a legit proposal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...